I Like poppa but they setting his feel good character to get murked on some silly shit.

He coo n all but sounds like he reading the script when he talks. Not sure if that's intentional.

I Like poppa but they setting his feel good character to get murked on some silly shit.

He coo n all but sounds like he reading the script when he talks. Not sure if that's intentional.
how many sheltered kids have you been around? lol

thats exactly how they talk

Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
Good show so far. A little cliche but I like it a lot. I can’t wait to see the character development in the second season

Yea, the writting is spotty/hit or miss at times. Still a good show tho

Yeah, just finished watching the show a few days ago.

Seemed like the writers rushed through the last 3-4 episodes and didn't really think things through.

Particularly with Ronnie.

Think about it......

Dude confesses to killing Coogie, but now he's in Cook County Jail...........awaiting trial???

Swaggy P bigger confused pic.png

KRS-ONE gif.gif

There's no reason for a trial if someone confesses to a crime.

Now, it might've made sense if they said he was awaiting "sentencing".........but not awaiting trial.

Last edited:
Yeah, just finished watching the show a few days ago.

Seemed like the writers rushed through the last 3-4 episodes and didn't really think things through.

Particularly with Ronnie.

Think about it......

Dude confesses to killing Coogie, but now he's in Cook County Jail...........awaiting trial???

View attachment 52838

View attachment 52842

There's no reason for a trial if someone confesses to a crime.

Now, it might've made sense if they said he was awaiting "sentencing".........but not awaiting trial.

Probably b/c of evidence.

There was nothing that tied him to the murder other than his confession. So I'm guessing the trial is to prove if he actually did it...or taking the charge to protect someone else.

That's one scenario

Fellas a confession alone is not enough. A confession can be thrown out of court. It gives them cause to hold you while they gather evidence. If kevin doesnt testify they have no case. If he does testify a plea will be offered. If he rejects the pleas they go to trial.

Reactions: Smokeejo404
Probably b/c of evidence.

There was nothing that tied him to the murder other than his confession. So I'm guessing the trial is to prove if he actually did it...or taking the charge to protect someone else.

That's one scenario

You're forgetting that Ronnie was a CI for that detective, and that detective knew he fucked up when he told Ronnie about Coogie being a suspect in Jason's murder.

So, when Coogie ended up getting killed, the detective knew all along that Ronnie did it..........he just didn't have any proof at the time.

Once Ronnie confessed, the detective had everything he needed to confirm his suspicions about him being the one who killed Coogie.

Which brings me to the next quote:

Fellas a confession alone is not enough. A confession can be thrown out of court. It gives them cause to hold you while they gather evidence. If kevin doesnt testify they have no case. If he does testify a plea will be offered. If he rejects the pleas they go to trial.

A confession and a guilty plea go hand-in-hand.

Meaning, no one's going to make a confession if they don't plan on pleading guilty.........just as no one who pleads not guilty is going to make a confession.

It just doesn't make sense.

For one, the State's main goal is to close cases.

So, if they've got an open-and-shut case, there's no reason to put the state through the expense of having a trial........for a crime that someone already confessed to.

Also, they don't need Kevin's testimony for anything.

The only reason it would be needed is if Ronnie didn't admit to the murder......which, as we all know.....he already confessed to.

Bruh a confession does not mean you will be offered a plea. The plea offer is up to the prosecution. They offer pleas based on trying to close the case fast and the evidence. A confession alone is not enough for a conviction. Police could have lied. You could lie. You could be high or drunk . You could have mitigating factors.

A not guilty plea is always put forth first. You have courting hearings to see if the confession was legal. If i ask for a lawyer then spill my guts that confession aint shit. Its a lot to it but basically they need kevin.

Reactions: IP360 and AP2.5
You're forgetting that Ronnie was a CI for that detective, and that detective knew he fucked up when he told Ronnie about Coogie being a suspect in Jason's murder.

So, when Coogie ended up getting killed, the detective knew all along that Ronnie did it..........he just didn't have any proof at the time.

Once Ronnie confessed, the detective had everything he needed to confirm his suspicions about him being the one who killed Coogie.

Meaning, no one's going to make a confession if they don't plan on pleading guilty.........just as no one who pleads not guilty is going to make a confession.

So, if they've got an open-and-shut case, there's no reason to put the state through the expense of having a trial........for a crime that someone already confessed to.

The only reason it would be needed is if Ronnie didn't admit to the murder......which, as we all know.....he already confessed to.

That's still not enough for Ronnie to go jail. Plenty of folks have confessed, yet they still need witness(es), DNA, motive, the weapon etc. Basically more proof that you actually did the crime.

Last edited:

People make confessions all the time and then take it back to go to trial

Unless he gives exact details of what he did...where he was...when he did it...etc etc...then a trial is necessary.

But couldn't he waive his right to a trial tho?

a confession does not waive your rights.

waving your right to a trial does not mean you don't have a trial. it means you rather go to trial and let the judge make the decision of innocence or guilt based on the evidence instead of a jury trial. imo it's only good to do so if you think the jury would be prejudice against the crime (high profile) or if there is something legal that you fear might confuse a jury (temporary insanity). it's rare but folks do it. still it doesn't make the process go any faster.

Look, everything y'all are saying makes sense..........but it doesn't make sense within the context of the show.

There's not any incentive for the police/DA's office to look into this any more than they already have.

From their perspective, Coogie was just another black kid killed on the streets of Chicago........nothing more, nothing less.

With a confession on record, there's no reason for them to investigate any further.

That's why I initially said that it makes more sense for him to be awaiting sentencing than it does for him to be awaiting trial.

Now, this is tv.........so, if they're gonna have a second season.......they might make up some bogus reason to get him out of jail, but very seldom would a situation like his play out like that in real life.