Welcome To aBlackWeb

Exactly what I was thinking. You get within 3 weeks of opening the school that's been your life's work and HVAC labor is holding you back? Doesn't make sense to me.
My understanding is, he could try to pay someone to do it, but that's going to blow through the money he already has for the materials. He's trying to get people to donate their time so that he can use the material money on materials.

I'm not saying he's lying but I think that's a plausible reason or he's going to have to go back to donars to ask for more money.

African American history was a required course at FAMU. I honestly didn't know much about real black history until I went to an HBCU. I didn't even have any interest in it because I thought it was all about slavery and Civil Rights.

I'd find it hard to believe that most other HBCUs don't have a similar requirement.
I can't speak to it as I didn't attend an hbcu but if his point is that it's not a required course/curriculum to take vs they don't offer them at all, it sounds like two different discussions

My understanding is, he could try to pay someone to do it, but that's going to blow through the money he already has for the materials. He's trying to get people to donate their time so that he can use the material money on materials.

I'm not saying he's lying but I think that's a plausible reason or he's going to have to go back to donars to ask for more money.
That could be the case, but running a school takes a shitload of money. If he's having problems financing some HVAC repairs, how in the world is he going to finance running the school?

Sounds like mismanagement already and I wouldn't risk putting my child in an unstable educational situation.

That could be the case, but running a school takes a shitload of money. If he's having problems financing some HVAC repairs, how in the world is he going to finance running the school?

Sounds like mismanagement already and I wouldn't risk putting my child in an unstable educational situation.
Great point

His plan is for the tuition money to fund the school

Let's be clear. The school is bullshit. I don't care what anyone says. I've run into too many people that have started their own schools to believe that any part of his efforts are real.

I just met a chick yesterday, who was a teacher, pulled out of the profession to homeschool her own kids, saw some interest from other parents, and now has over 150 students after little more than a year while going through a pandemic. This dude is getting millions of dollars in donations and has name recognition but has gone a decade without teaching a single student? Come on. He's either lying or so out of his league that he shouldn't be trusted with anyone's children.

cool interview.....i respect the man's passion for our race......definitely don't agree with all the words that come behind that passion

I wish he would stop the shots at unwarranted targets (obama, osaka, etc.)...and the bullshit excuses FIX AND OPEN UP THE DAMN SCHOOL ALREADY lol

What was it about the shots he threw at Obama that was unwarranted?

Decent interview and some good points made and truths told.

Gotta say I dont like how dude seems to pick a hill even though he may not be completely well versed on the topic and be loud and adamant about his point on that hill. Can mislead alot of people by being wrong and confident in your wrongness
We see it on this site errrday

What was it about the shots he threw at Obama that was unwarranted?

just calling him out period. The man has been out of office for 5 years now and getting on him for what "he thinks" he has or hasn't done for black people at this point is irrelevant imo...stop worrying about why they aren't helping the way you want them to and open up your damn school.....or wait maybe if they open up their wallets and help fund his school would he still be this critical?

Back