Welcome To aBlackWeb

Typo it's meant to say ATA (American Tennis Association) or USTA (United States American Tennis Association). Both help in developing junior players but the USTA is the national governing body.
Ok.... but yea you are saying what I said lol

Ok.... but yea you are saying what I said lol
Not exactly. Funding and being recruited into an organization that will train you and put you in the right positions for visibility are different. A rich person can have all the funding they want, if they not part of that organization they not getting very far. That organization validates you.

Same thing happens in soccer. If you not on the best team of a major club you not going very far.

Decent interview and some good points made and truths told.

Gotta say I dont like how dude seems to pick a hill even though he may not be completely well versed on the topic and be loud and adamant about his point on that hill. Can mislead alot of people by being wrong and confident in your wrongness

Not exactly. Funding and being recruited into an organization that will train you and put you in the right positions for visibility are different. A rich person can have all the funding they want, if they not part of that organization they not getting very far. That organization validates you.

Same thing happens in soccer. If you not on the best team of a major club you not going very far.
We are talking bout tennis...a costly individual sport coming from a wealthy background gives you more advantages than anything

you guys are missing my point..... Naomi has trained in the US since the beginning her training base is Southern Florida.... she has her own team which travels w her....the funding/grants she receives from the Japanese pays for that team and her travels in exchange for her flying the flag... outside of that there’s nothing her flying the Japanese flag has done for her

Japanese tennis federation is funding Naomi’s career ....Haiti can’t afford to do that

the US spread thin .... so Japan was the best move

plus Japan has a celebrity driven culture so being the top Japanese athlete will lead to mad Endorsements

it was simple mathematics for her...Umar should know about getting to the bag

Donations
Donations
Donations
Donations
QvWxvP.gif

Everybody says shit that you would agree with and some you don’t.

Hell I’m pretty’s sure I agreed with Trump on something before.

I ain’t saying he trump but damn dude just be lying about trivial shit.

Umar need to stay away from sports topics, he manufacturing controversy for nothing and had no idea what he was talking about. Now we got pages talking about is ole girl a coon or not.
Ftr,I don't think anyone here specifically called her that

cool interview.....i respect the man's passion for our race......definitely don't agree with all the words that come behind that passion

I wish he would stop the shots at unwarranted targets (obama, osaka, etc.)...and the bullshit excuses FIX AND OPEN UP THE DAMN SCHOOL ALREADY lol

If I had one of those trades and his school was legit I’d be willing to go work for him.

The fact he kept calling Deshaun Watson Desean Jackson should of told him to sit that out

Why did this nigga lie and say they don’t teach history like @BlackRain and @Dwayne said just lying for no reason
I thought his point was that it was

A) not a required course to take

Or

B) not all hbcu have the African history curriculum

Not that they didn't have a history class at all. I could be wrong though

cool interview.....i respect the man's passion for our race......definitely don't agree with all the words that come behind that passion

I wish he would stop the shots at unwarranted targets (obama, osaka, etc.)...and the bullshit excuses FIX AND OPEN UP THE DAMN SCHOOL ALREADY lol
Exactly what I was thinking. You get within 3 weeks of opening the school that's been your life's work and HVAC labor is holding you back? Doesn't make sense to me.

I thought his point was that it was

A) not a required course to take

Or

B) not all hbcu have the African history curriculum

Not that they didn't have a history class at all. I could be wrong though

African American history was a required course at FAMU. I honestly didn't know much about real black history until I went to an HBCU. I didn't even have any interest in it because I thought it was all about slavery and Civil Rights.

I'd find it hard to believe that most other HBCUs don't have a similar requirement.

Umar is a grifter plain and simple. He says some good things, but all grifters do. He does give good interviews on TBC though. If I was him, If try to be on there as much as possible.

Back