Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-13-24

View attachment 1328371

Please don't do what I think you're going to do
The shows doing whatever you think im going to do, its depicting the moral ambiguity of corporations, the government, and humans that try to be good people. The show itself is the depiction of concepts that people believe to be black and white, have a lot of grey area. But our insistence on continuing that belief, leaves us open to manipulation.

All I said is that I like that they are focusing on this particular concept with her to show what it’s really like.

Is that what you were expecting me to do?

:js4:

Eh. It's been out there for 2 years
The evil-Superman-style character Homelander is becoming more and more of a direct Trump analogue this season. What was your thinking there?
He’s always been a Trump analogue for me. I’ll admit to being a little more bald this season than I have in past seasons. But the world is getting more coarse and less elegant. The urgency of our team’s writing reflects that. We’re angrier and more scared as the years go on, so that is just being reflected in our writing. But part of it is where Homelander’s story naturally goes. He has this really combustible mix of complete weakness and insecurity, and just horrible power and ambition, and it’s just such a deadly combo. Of course he would feel victimized that people are angry that he dated a Nazi. All he ever wants is to be the most powerful person he can be, even though he’s completely inadequate in his abilities to handle it. So it’s white-male victimization and unchecked ambition. And those issues just happened to reflect the guy who, it’s just still surreal to say it, was fucking president of the United States. And it’s a bigger issue than just Trump. The more awful public figures act, the more fans they seem to be getting. That’s a phenomenon that we wanted to explore, that Homelander is realizing that he can actually show them who he really is and they’ll love him for it.
Most of the complaints I saw in the reviews were about Frenchie and the overall story for the first 3 episodes this season

Splinter was an interesting character. Gross as fuck though

If they all died if the main one died then I didn't understand why the hell the main one was in the fight. Should have been somewhere else just making copies

Oh brother 🙄

We cannot get to Episode 4 fast enough lol. I wish I could pretend that there's not a segment of the fanbase that are complaining about woke shit
I don't think it's complaining about woke shit. You say there was hints but IMO it wasn't. I wouldn't care if Frenchie was bi if they did a better job and didn't build up his relationship with her. They made no mention of both wanting to be with other people in any of the seasons until this

I don't think it's complaining about woke shit. You say there was hints but IMO it wasn't. I wouldn't care if Frenchie was bi if they did a better job and didn't build up his relationship with her. They made no mention of both wanting to be with other people in any of the seasons until this
Soo...Kimiko is not allowed to figure that out till now? It has to be hinted before?

Back