is wearing a bonnet outside ghetto?

• Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • On the fence

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
there is no debate. if you don't like bonnet in public then don't wear em. let the next person do as they please also. they like Duragesic just apart of our culture

I ain't ever seen an attractive woman walking out the house in a bonnet. Bonnets aren't even attractive in the house. I can't stand bonnets.

And no, you don't wear stuff you go to sleep in out your house.

And no, wearing nike shorts and slides isn't the same thing as wearing a bonnet and some flip flops to the damn Wal-Mart or the air port.

And no, good looking non-Black women, don't walk around on some messy hair day shit.

It's simple, the public sphere is where people go to meet and congregate and to approve and disapprove of each other.

Walking around with your hair undone, covered by a bonnet and some wearing them dusty ass beauty supply store flip flops, ain't appealing.

It's like the era of dudes walking around in foot long White tees, rocking a durag and 42 waist pants just to sag them. Or dudes that sag on purpose to so you can see their ass.

Looking presentable, is not for the Black race or whatever, but for yourself. Why walk around the world looking ridiculous unless you just don't give a fuck how people view you? And if you don't give a fuck then don't complain that people think you are low class for how you present yourself.

Now, personally, I don't give a fuck, do what you want, but I ain't wifing no woman who rocks bonnets outside like it's a fitted.

Last edited:
Truth be told this same thing applies to guys wearing basketball shorts, sandals and tank tops

If I'm on my way to the court, then yeah, I'm wearing hooping shorts and a shirt to match. Past that, nope.

I don't wear flip-flops/slides/whatever the hell y'all call 'em or wife beaters. I had one pair of Adidas slides that were given to me as a present that never, ever went outside the house. Not even to take the garbage out. I've never owned a beater either, never liked the look.

I'm not trying to walk out of the house looking like a disheveled bum but if somebody else chooses to... it's my right to judge them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

basically. Can't come out in public and escape someone critiquing you based on your appearance. That comes with the territory.

I ain't ever seen an attractive woman walking out the house in a bonnet. Bonnets aren't even attractive in the house. I can't stand bonnets.

And no, you don't wear stuff you go to sleep in out your house.

And no, wearing nike shorts and slides isn't the same thing as wearing a bonnet and some flip flops to the damn Wal-Mart or the air port.

And no, good looking non-Black women, don't walk around on some messy hair day shit.

It's simple, the public sphere is where people go to meet and congregate and to approve and disapprove of each other.

Walking around with your hair undone, covered by a bonnet and some wearing them dusty ass beauty supply store flip flops, ain't appealing.

It's like the era of dudes walking around in foot long White tees, rocking a durag and 42 waist pants just to sag them. Or dudes that sag on purpose to so you can see their ass.

Looking presentable, is not for the Black race or whatever, but for yourself. Why walk around the world looking ridiculous unless you just don't give a fuck how people view you? And if you don't give a fuck then don't complain that people think you are low class for how you present yourself.

Now, personally, I don't give a fuck, do what you want, but I ain't wifing no woman who rocks bonnets outside like it's a fitted.

Dont compare this to that

View attachment 547674
What do you mean by that
It stems from the recent dress code from that restaurant a few days ago. The clothes choices of a certain group of people are always seen as unacceptable and subject to critique. There's a reason why we never see the same threads or fuss over people walking around in overalls, flip flops, or with their hair in a messy "bed head" type of look. In fact, the latter of those is considered cool in some circles. All of those can be thrown on for a quick trip to the store as a bonnet but nobody really bats an eye.

It stems from the recent dress code from that restaurant a few days ago. The clothes choices of a certain group of people are always seen as unacceptable and subject to critique. There's a reason why we never see the same threads or fuss over people walking around in overalls, flip flops, or with their hair in a messy "bed head" type of look. In fact, the latter of those is considered cool in some circles. All of those can be thrown on for a quick trip to the store as a bonnet but nobody really bats an eye.
Fam you just gave me a whole paragraph of talking around the issue

Back