Welcome To aBlackWeb

I saw this yesterday. I enjoyed this. It wasnt they type of horror to use jump scares. It uses real life horror with child abductions. They didnt really use any clichés and tropes. The main kid was actually doing smart things.

Dial H for Horror

PRAISE: Based on a short story written by Joe Hill son of Stephen King this story about Finney Shaw a shy but clever 13-year-old boy who's being held in a soundproof basement by a sadistic, masked killer. When a disconnected phone on the wall starts to ring it may lead to him escaping his captor was very involving, funny and horrifying at times.
When movies have that thread of child abduction I'm already on edge. I think one of the most horrible things in this life to experience is a missing child.So by layering this movie with a beyond creepy abductor and likeable characters you already score points with me.
The kid actors in this movie are outstanding they include: Mason Thames, Miguel Cazarez Mora,and Madeleine McGraw.
Ethan Hawke definitely goes into ultra creepy and sinister mode and the masks he wears just bring out the creepy factor even more.
Some of the violence, kids in peril and being abused are definitely not for the faint of heart.
There is a great balance of horror and the supernatural.
Some cool nods to Stephen King.

PROBLEMS: There were a few things I couldn't get on board with. I had to question some things that play out in the movie that just didn't add up.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7.5
I knew it. When I saw some of the credits, I thought I saw joe hill. But I wasnt fully paying attention. I definitely got Stephen king vibes. Especially when the sister was on her bike in the rain with they yellow jacket. I was like, this reminds me of the first scene in the movie "IT".

Moral of the story:

Whoop your kids asses 🧐

I thought it was just ok but with a 18 million dollar budget and this type of success I bet they make a prequel to grab another bag
Director has a sequel in mind not a prequel he said if the movie does well enough they'll go for it. He didn't mention how exactly the sequel would be story wise yet.

Director has a sequel in mind not a prequel he said if the movie does well enough they'll go for it. He didn't mention how exactly the sequel would be story wise yet.
I'm with @mike030270 I'm curious how this would be done but I'll tune in either way

Just finished this. Liked Ethan Hawke's performance in this. Liked the score. There could have been more scares in this or more to show how sadistic the Grabber is but for an original film, it's cool

Lmao why this kid in the beginning…Robin?

Why he know how to fight like a middle aged street fighter?

lmao the 70s was wild

kids getting beat up EVERYDAY kids getting abducted and nobody gives a fuck enough to have curfews or mandates to pick kids up from school or to never walk alone lol

homie keeps taking kids in the day time like it’s nothing

Wait Finney escapes but then runs in a way where he can get cut off by the van? Lol iight man…

At first I was like that’s stupid that the grabber took the van to chase after him but it worked smh

Back