Welcome To aBlackWeb

So uh…
The Black Phone was some bullshit…

coulda just called that shit Sinister 0…

my sis-in-law is gushing over this shit and one of my cousins kids is saying it's magnificent.

I dunno who to trust.

Last edited:
Child actors...

giphy.gif

Dial H for Horror

PRAISE: Based on a short story written by Joe Hill son of Stephen King this story about Finney Shaw a shy but clever 13-year-old boy who's being held in a soundproof basement by a sadistic, masked killer. When a disconnected phone on the wall starts to ring it may lead to him escaping his captor was very involving, funny and horrifying at times.
When movies have that thread of child abduction I'm already on edge. I think one of the most horrible things in this life to experience is a missing child.So by layering this movie with a beyond creepy abductor and likeable characters you already score points with me.
The kid actors in this movie are outstanding they include: Mason Thames, Miguel Cazarez Mora,and Madeleine McGraw.
Ethan Hawke definitely goes into ultra creepy and sinister mode and the masks he wears just bring out the creepy factor even more.
Some of the violence, kids in peril and being abused are definitely not for the faint of heart.
There is a great balance of horror and the supernatural.
Some cool nods to Stephen King.

PROBLEMS: There were a few things I couldn't get on board with. I had to question some things that play out in the movie that just didn't add up.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7.5

I hadn't been to the theaters to see a horror movie in awhile and now I remember why lol

I thought it was good but the reactions from the audience was annoying me

Back