This was a cool movie

It was unique because you don’t see a lot of movies mess around with child abductions like this a lot so it was refreshing in that sense

it was horror but it wasnt trying to play into fear so it kinda leaned a bit more into what you would see from a thriller

I think as it went on I kinda liked it a bit less because it got fantastical/supernatural instead of staying grounded (the phone was pulsating like it was breathing lol)

like if Finney did all of this stuff on his own instead of taking calls from dead kids while never getting caught I wouldn’t have had an issue with it

then if Finney was gonna get help from the kids to the point where he actually kills The Grabber then I didn’t need his sister getting visions as well

like it could’ve just been one or the other but they did both which lowered the movie to me

but it was very interesting I liked it

Also instead of telling me what naughty boy on the phone is I wish they showed another kid trying to escape earlier in the movie and showing the grabber beat him and then I guess kill the kid

then when hawke leaves the door unlocked for Finn, the audience already knows what will happen and you will have a sense of suspense if he was debating to himself if he thinks it’s a trap or not

but nah I got paperboy on the phone telling me instead

• Haha
Reactions: Infamous114
Ahh yeah I forgot this is based on a book…

Finney talking on a supernatural phone that shouldn’t work at all to escape I guess you can’t avoid

I’m getting all my takes off at once

they shouldn’t make a sequel to this because they are gonna dilute the property and thus make it LESS memorable as a whole with a sequel

Think

A quiet place 2 and Don’t breathe 2

a “horror” movie that could use a sequel and be fine Imo is It follows

Wait Finney escapes but then runs in a way where he can get cut off by the van? Lol iight man…

At first I was like that’s stupid that the grabber took the van to chase after him but it worked smh
Yeah me and my daughter gave the biggest side eye during this scene, lol. Just cut through a yard and you good. Or run straight to somebody’s door and damn near kick that bitch in.