Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Biden Administrations Black Agenda Thread

ElijahPrice

Considering all the bickering over Trump's plan and Biden's results with Black voters, it is more than appropriate to start this thread.

I read most of it. It's not really a Black Plan honestly. It's a plan for what Biden intends to do in general with explanations of how those things would benefit black people. That's not bad per se, and I do see how some of what he is proposing could help blacks out a lot. That said, some of what he's proposing could arguably work out to not help blacks at all. For example, in the plan it talks about how they want to give a lot more money to small businesses. They argue that doing that will help blacks since most black owned businesses are small businesses. However, they don't say they will specifically earmark any of that money for black businesses, so it's completely possible that blacks may not see much of that money at all. We kinda saw that during the COVID rollout. The government gave out small business relief money, but it was shown that black business owners had a harder time getting that money than others.

With black voters clearly saving Bidens ass in the primary... and in the general election.. Assuming something crazy doesnt happen and he winds up being the president.... what does that accountability look like?

What does that applying of pressure look like during his time in office to ensure he doesnt forget who got him in there and that his administration comes through for the people that put him in that position?

With black voters clearly saving Bidens ass in the primary... and in the general election.. Assuming something crazy doesnt happen and he winds up being the president.... what does that accountability look like?

What does that applying of pressure look like during his time in office to ensure he doesnt forget who got him in there and that his administration comes through for the people that put him in that position?
Having media who aren't bootlickers would help

As of now their black agenda is to pander during election time and thats it. Expect no plan, but if we make some noise he'll prob put together a stupid committee that will take years to confirm/discover some shit we already know. Then after that, they're gunna want our votes again for another term so they can "try" to maybe do something. Same story everytime.

Also this.
I read most of it. It's not really a Black Plan honestly. It's a plan for what Biden intends to do in general with explanations of how those things would benefit black people. That's not bad per se, and I do see how some of what he is proposing could help blacks out a lot. That said, some of what he's proposing could arguably work out to not help blacks at all. For example, in the plan it talks about how they want to give a lot more money to small businesses. They argue that doing that will help blacks since most black owned businesses are small businesses. However, they don't say they will specifically earmark any of that money for black businesses, so it's completely possible that blacks may not see much of that money at all. We kinda saw that during the COVID rollout. The government gave out small business relief money, but it was shown that black business owners had a harder time getting that money than others.

They act like most small businesses arnt owned by white people. They gunna do yet another minority plan and we'll prob find out years later it helped mainly immigrants and white women.

All I want to know is if biden/Harris don't do anything specifically for blacks are we going to hold on to our vote until we get tangible things or are black people gonna say vote because our ancestors died for this.
Yes they died for us to vote but to vote for tangible things not empty promises. They're rolling around in their graves like if I knew my people were going to vote like that I would of stayed my ass home and I'd probably still be alive.

I'm about transparency. If they are honest about the fact that they want to make life better for Americans in general and can show at the end of the first term that they actually made the lives of the average black American better, that should be enough to earn votes.

Can't hold anyone accountable if you fear the consequences.
Can't hold anyone accountable if you fear doing without them.
Can't hold Democrats accountable if you fear Republicans.
Address those things first.
Otherwise, you're just a child throwing a tantrum.

Back