Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-04-24

I don't even think they care that a bunch of losers review bombed it on RT lol. Streaming services justify renewals (especially for expensive shows) with high viewership and the season (series) finale did the worst numbers of the Star Wars shows

“I want the old republic”

*Doesn’t support the old republic*

Granted the show didn’t do any favors but it makes for an uphill climb to see that kinda stuff in the future even more

I knew when they said they were going to lean into writing books about the characters from the show I knew it was the end. I still think it was some potential there to have a better season 2.

“I want the old republic”

*Doesn’t support the old republic*

Granted the show didn’t do any favors but it makes for an uphill climb to see that kinda stuff in the future even more
The show ended up being a pet project for Leslye Headland. If they had actually shown the Old Republic in a real way, and also kept the same fight choreography(which was the only bright spot) then it would have been a success. With a $180 mil budget there was no excuse not to make something watchable.

To me it's like comparing Rings of Power to HotD. Rings had a big budget, but bad writing, acting, and gimmicks. HotD had a tougher road since the last couple seasons of Thrones were MJ on the Wiz tier, but the writers actually wrote scripts BETTER than the source material. The budget of HotD was about the same as the Acolyte's.....but the difference on screen is night and day. The acting on HotD is on a whole other level too.

If Leslye made a show that focused on the Old Republic and really did a deep dive, it would had been fire and people would be looking for Season 2 and who will show up. But she choice to spend 60% of the show around a garbage Jedi plot, lameass witches and the whole twins storyline. Something you would expect on the CW for teenage girls

Back