Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
bernie should be all over social media right now. i would be on twitter, instagram/facebook live clowning biden for not supporting medicare 4 all. i would be chewing trump up for dragging his feet on this pandemic putting countless lives at risk. i would be showing how capitalism is faulty asf and uncovering these lies the government has been feeding us about how they dont have money for programs that encourage social uplift but just *magically* injected billions of dollars into the economy. WHY ISNT HE ON THIS!!!

bernie should be all over social media right now. i would be on twitter, instagram/facebook live clowning biden for not supporting medicare 4 all. i would be chewing trump up for dragging his feet on this pandemic putting countless lives at risk. i would be showing how capitalism is faulty asf and uncovering these lies the government has been feeding us about how they dont have money for programs that encourage social uplift but just *magically* injected billions of dollars into the economy. WHY ISNT HE ON THIS!!!

I don't know if this is a legit page ran by him but I saw a few of these posts pop on on my timeline.

I agree they do need to be more aggressive in their approach if they want to reach a larger audience.

Screenshot_20200313-232316_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200313-232342_Chrome.jpg

The money that gets injected into the economy is actually debt. America keeps increasing it's debt ceiling and foreign countries keep buying (loaning) the money to America by buying their debt.

This is why America is a $20 trillion country with like $19 trillion in debt. Countries will invest in America because they think it is the most stable of any country in the world right now and definitely big enough to invest in.

ok well put it into programs for social uplift. this “excuse” simply will not work my good friend

Sad to say the majority of ppl don't care to see which is why Bernie falls on 40+ and up def ears. Greed supersedes all

Forgot to post this.

My dude I tell people, if you're not gonna vote, you better be so well off financially that you can simply move away or that you can support or back a local candidate who can shift the needle your way. Otherwise niggas are just a victim of not voting and the victim of an economic policy that uses them.

no.

that makes 0 sense whatsoever

i mean vote if u want but to suggest ppl that dont vote should move away is just like white folks that say “if you dont like racism and being violated at every turn, go back to africa”

yall should be pushing for dismantling this entire shit. its faulty and corrupt. after this whole pandemic folks should no longer be clinging to capitalism of this fucked up sys

niggas have a little coin and start making 0 sense or sounding like white supremacist

stop

that makes 0 sense whatsoever

i mean vote if u want but to suggest ppl that dont vote should move away is just like white folks that say “if you dont like racism and being violated at every turn, go back to africa”

yall should be pushing for dismantling this entire shit. its faulty and corrupt. after this whole pandemic folks should no longer be clinging to capitalism of this fucked up sys

niggas have a little coin and start making 0 sense or sounding like white supremacist

stop

What replaces this system once it's dismantled?

I gotta correct him on this.

That news article headline btw is misleading and one of the reasons again why I say Bernie is out of touch regarding the economy (and as a result has terrible economic policies). The government didn't dump $1.5 trillion into the stock market, they injected it into the economy to bolster lending and spending because rates fell. They're worried about the economy contracting and falling into a recession. With the Corona virus and debt issues America doesn't need that right now because it means unemployment will rise and more. The stock market reacts to the news and so people like you or I, banks and investors all over buy stocks because the government slashed rates and pumped money into the economy.

Also $1.5 trillion is nothing to the economy. If you want free healthcare, it's going to cost a lot more than a trillion bucks.

Free healthcare will become a reality in America, in I'd say 10 years if Trump leaves office. Obama implemented the steps but Trump rolled it back. Also healthcare here in Canada isn't entirely "free". It is for the most part tho.

I agree with this.

However the fact remains that the federal government lent over a $Trillion dollars overnight to the banks and money makers to ensure liquidty in the markets and stave off a recession.

You are arguing semantics.

Whether it was through the vehicle of low interests bonds or some other mechanism does not change the fact that the Fed Invested $Trillions of dollars to stop a potential recession.

Bernie is saying that American people are already experiencing more and more impacts of an affordability crisis and wealth inequality; which are similar in nature to what comes with a recession - except for the fact that they these impacts are semi permanent, structural and codified by legislation.

The American people have an emergency. Where are the structural reforms that provide relief???

Before you ask “how are we going to pay for it?”, realize how myopic and short sighted that statement sounds.

How is the Fed going to recuperate the money it just invested into the markets?

Investments pay dividends in the future.

Medicare for All actually saves Trillions of dollars over the long term.

Wealth distributed to hundreds of Millions of people grows the economy and GDP over the long term.

But put the domestic budget aside for a moment and remember that government and economic systems exist for the experienced benefit of the members of society ...

If it is failing at that core purpose, than all of these meta discussions are moot.

What replaces this system once it's dismantled?

idk thats something we all should be thinking about

i dont want prisons or jails or this two party voting sys

the educational system needs to be overhauled too.

ALL drugs cases should be thrown out. humans facing incarceration for violent crimes should be moved to more humane facilities that focus on rehabilitation (counseling, job training, no more prison labor etc) unions in teaching should be overhauled too. piss poor teachers working in schools for 30 years because theres little to no oversight has got to stop.

get rid of the electoral college as well
humane ideas should be the goal

and oh, housing for the homeless and programs that help them earn a LIVABLE wage

also, increase the minimum wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back