Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bullshit as excuse when niggas don't want to admit that they don't know why.

When you have two people in front of you and they are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and you say I can't vote for her because of her then you're a fool.

Also did you even read that article that you posted?

Those niggas sound dumb as fuck. Look at how fucking stupid they look right now.
I listed reasons bruh. U just don't like em. Actual policies that affected real lives. The fact that u casually dismiss em is telling. Are u able to say anything u dislike about these people? (Clinton's, Biden etc)

Ofc I read the article. How stupid do they look fam? Explain

Hillary Clinton Superpredators, Crime Bill, and pandering

Hillary Clinton was not a member of Congress during the Crime Bill. If niggas are gonna blame Hillary Clinton for a Bill that passed when she was only The First Lady then they should be equally blaming any and every non member of Congress who also endorsed it like the majority of the Black community did at the time.

We can't rewrite history and act like the only people in favor of the Crime Bill were white Politicians when the majority of people in our own communities supported it.

Also pandering????? Pandering is enough for her to lose an election? Is there a white Politician who doesn't pander?

I listed reasons bruh. U just don't like em. Actual policies that affected real lives. The fact that u casually dismiss em is telling. Are u able to say anything u dislike about these people? (Clinton's, Biden etc)

Ofc I read the article. How stupid do they look fam? Explain

Hillary Clinton was not a member of Congress until 2000. Tell me what policies you're talking about that niggas hate her for?

Hillary Clinton was not a member of Congress until 2000. Tell me what policies you're talking about that niggas hate her for?
You're being dense on purpose. Her husband was signing the bills she was actively pledging her support and urging others to do the same lol. U think she was sitting on her ass not politically involved her time as first lady?

She used to actually get criticized for being too involved in public policy. Do u not know this?

Hillary Clinton was not a member of Congress during the Crime Bill. If niggas are gonna blame Hillary Clinton for a Bill that passed when she was only The First Lady then they should be equally blaming any and every non member of Congress who also endorsed it like the majority of the Black community did at the time.

We can't rewrite history and act like the only people in favor of the Crime Bill were white Politicians when the majority of people in our own communities supported it.

Also pandering????? Pandering is enough for her to lose an election? Is there a white Politician who doesn't pander?
I know she wasn't a part of congress when they signed the crime bill, but a lot of Black people on the internet were bringing up the crime bill cause her husband was President Bill Clinton who signed off on it

I'm trying to make sure that niggas aren't twisting words here so let's make some things clear.

Hillary Clinton has only had two roles in Congress.

She was a Senator from new York and she was The Secretary of State.

The First Lady is not a political position. It's an unofficial title.

First Lady's don't even earn a salary.

So you list anything she said as First Lady and it hold no more weight then anything that any of our parents would've said at the time because they would've had just as much say as she did.

The Fist Lady is not an advisor nor are they consulted on any policy being made within our government.

So if niggas are really saying fuck Hillary Clinton because of The Crime Bill well then you better be saying fuck every person who endorsed it politically or not because she was not a politician and the majority of Black Americans who were also not politicians supported it at the time.

I'm trying to make sure that niggas aren't twisting words here so let's make some things clear.

Hillary Clinton has only had two roles in Congress.

She was a Senator from new York and she was The Secretary of State.

The First Lady is not a political position. It's an unofficial title.

First Lady's don't even earn a salary.

So you list anything she said as First Lady and it hold no more weight then anything that any of our parents would've said at the time because they would've had just as much say as she did.

The Fist Lady is not an advisor nor are they consulted on any policy being made within our government.

So if niggas are really saying fuck Hillary Clinton because of The Crime Bill well then you better be saying fuck every person who endorsed it politically or not because she was not a politician and the majority of Black Americans who were also not politicians supported it at the time.
Hillary was in those rooms with them while they were debating what to pass and what to veto lol

Our parents weren't, nor do they have nearly the amount of influence on swaying politicians (or the fuckin president she sleeps next to in bed every night) to make shit happen.

Who sent u?

You're being dense on purpose. Her husband was signing the bills she was actively pledging her support and urging others to do the same lol. U think she was sitting on her ass not politically involved her time as first lady?

She used to actually get criticized for being too involved in public policy. Do u not know this?

I'm not being dense. Michele Obama has disagreed with plenty of shit that Obama signed or endorsed and that doesn't make a damn difference because as The First Lady her opinion is specifically that. Her opinion. She doesn't hold any weight or sway in policy.

Do you know who criticized her for getting involved in public policy? Republicans whenever she was support anything that went against their agenda. This is like when racist people cry and say they want to keep politics out of sports while they're standing for the fucking anthem or God Bless America. They're full of shit.

And she doesn't have to be sitting on her ass. She was very active as a First Lady as was Michele Obama with her Play 60 program. Melania Trump was not active at all as a First Lady and flat out stole words from Michele Obama but guess what? As The First Lady their political involvement does not go beyond their personal opinions.

The First Lady isn't some fucking shadow operation where she secretly advises The President and runs parts of the country in silos.

You're trying to conjure a narrative about her role as The First Lady that simply does not and did not exist with her.

So like I said. She was a Senator in New York from 2000 to 2008. After she lost the nomination to Obama in 2008 she became his Secretary of State until 2013. After that she ran for President for the 2016 General Election.

So you mean to tell me she did all this fucked up shit that niggas don't like her for as a First lady and the people still didn't have a problem with her being the top Senator from New York and then Secretary of State? Now all of a sudden when she ran for President niggas remembered that they didn't like her?

Hillary was in those rooms with them while they were debating what to pass and what to veto lol

Our parents weren't, nor do they have nearly the amount of influence on swaying politicians (or the fuckin president she sleeps next to in bed every night) to make shit happen.

Who sent u?

You know who else was in those rooms? Congressional aides and reporters. How much say did they have in passing any of those bills? Not more than any Senator or Congressman.

You're trying to paint a picture of Hillary Clinton having more power then she had 28 years ago as an excuse to why niggas don't like her.

I'm not being dense. Michele Obama has disagreed with plenty of shit that Obama signed or endorsed and that doesn't make a damn difference because as The First Lady her opinion is specifically that. Her opinion. She doesn't hold any weight or sway in policy.

Do you know who criticized her for getting involved in public policy? Republicans whenever she was support anything that went against their agenda. This is like when racist people cry and say they want to keep politics out of sports while they're standing for the fucking anthem or God Bless America. They're full of shit.

And she doesn't have to be sitting on her ass. She was very active as a First Lady as was Michele Obama with her Play 60 program. Melania Trump was not active at all as a First Lady and flat out stole words from Michele Obama but guess what? As The First Lady their political involvement does not go beyond their personal opinions.

The First Lady isn't some fucking shadow operation where she secretly advises The President and runs parts of the country in silos.

You're trying to conjure a narrative about her role as The First Lady that simply does not and did not exist with her.

So like I said. She was a Senator in New York from 2000 to 2008. After she lost the nomination to Obama in 2008 she became his Secretary of State until 2013. After that she ran for President for the 2016 General Election.

So you mean to tell me she did all this fucked up shit that niggas don't like her for as a First lady and the people still didn't have a problem with her being the top Senator from New York and then Secretary of State? Now all of a sudden when she ran for President niggas remembered that they didn't like her?
Aside from u downplaying the hell out her influence at the very least she's letting mfs know where she stands and shit like that matters if you're gonna run for president.

Also, dismissing that is dismissing trump/central park 5 remarks. U would be a fool to do either or.

Is it that u dont think it's a problem or is it just something you're willing to overlook?

I know she wasn't a part of congress when they signed the crime bill, but a lot of Black people on the internet were bringing up the crime bill cause her husband was President Bill Clinton who signed off on it

I understand that and I'm calling out those Black people and asking them why they believe that this alone was enough to sway them away from voting for her over trump more than 20 years later.

Especially when the majority of Black people who love to point out Hillary's connection to The crime Bill were fucking kids at the time.

It's like people who were not adults at the time have this belief that only white politicians and nobody else supported The Crime Bill so let's only blame them.

Find any nigga that was school age when the Crime Bill was signed and ask them what they were teaching us in school.

The majority of niggas who post on this sit grew up in the DARE program being instituted in their schools but now since we're older some of us liek to rewrite our history to paint a rosier pictures.

Here's the truth that a lot of younger niggas today don't want to admit.

Look at the shit that's prevalent in regards to crime in our communities today. Look at these lil niggas out here and look at what they are doing? For the most part it's no different from what our elders were ding in the 80's and 90's it's just evolved with technology and a newer society but we all want a better way of life for the people in our community.

I guarantee you when a lot of these younger niggas get older they're gonna look back and regret a lot of the stupid shit that they are involved in just like a lot of us talk about.

But for some reason when people discuss the Crime Bill there's a lot or rewriting of history being done by people who were not even adults when they shit was signed...........

You know who else was in those rooms? Congressional aides and reporters. How much say did they have in passing any of those bills? Not more than any Senator or Congressman.

You're trying to paint a picture of Hillary Clinton having more power then she had 28 years ago as an excuse to why niggas don't like her.

But that’s not the way Clinton herself tells it. In her 2003 memoir, Living History, she wrote that she “actively participated” in the internal debate on welfare reform. “I wanted to influence his decision,” she wrote. She threatened to go public with her opposition to the first bill the GOP presented, she wrote—which would have been a first for her speaking out against her husband’s administration—but that once the third bill came back with changes, “I agreed that he should sign it and worked hard to round up votes for its passage.”

^^^^explain to me how this is the same as one of our parents simply having an opinion on policy?

Aside from u downplaying the hell out her influence at the very least she's letting mfs know where she stands and shit like that matters if you're gonna run for president.

Also, dismissing that is dismissing trump/central park 5 remarks. U would be a fool to do either or.

Is it that u dont think it's a problem or is it just something you're willing to overlook?

I'm not downplaying shit.

You're overplaying what her role was.

Like I have mentioned in several post the Crime Bill was signed in 1994. I was 6 years old. The majority of us were kids. Very few people on this site were adults at the time.

And as for trump and The Central Park 5 that wasn't even the first time Trump was in the public eye for being racist. He was doing racist shit being a discriminatory slumlord with his father years before that. Trump's racism goes back decades.

Niggas are hung up on Hillary and The Crime Bill and nothing after that or before that yet trump was a racist since MLK was still alive. I'm trying to figure out when faced with both people like we were in 2016 how Black people were so hung up in Hillary Clinton in specifically 1994 that they willingly overlooked Trump's entire life of racism.

Either way you look at it Donald Trump was a worst candidate than Hillary Clinton for Black people. And instead of niggas admitting that they fucked up by not doing everything to prevent him from winning you got muthafuckas trying to justify not voting for Hillary but what you are failing to realize is that the justification that you have for not voting for Hillary do not outweigh the eventual consequences of Trump winning and that's exactly what happened but niggas have too much pride to admit that they were wrong so whenever she gets brought up we have to bring up how she was the worst person in the world in 1994 and solely responsible for The crime Bill by herself which was the worst thing to ever happen to Black people. That's how niggas sound when they talk about her.

Like I have mentioned in several post the Crime Bill was signed in 1994. I was 6 years old. The majority of us were kids. Very few people on this site were adults at the time.

And as for trump and The Central Park 5 that wasn't even the first time Trump was in the public eye for being racist. He was doing racist shit being a discriminatory slumlord with his father years before that. Trump's racism goes back decades.

Niggas are hung up on Hillary and The Crime Bill and nothing after that or before that yet trump was a racist since MLK was still alive. I'm trying to figure out when faced with both people like we were in 2016 how Black people were so hung up in Hillary Clinton in specifically 1994 that they willingly overlooked Trump's entire life of racism.

Either way you look at it Donald Trump was a worst candidate than Hillary Clinton for Black people. And instead of niggas admitting that they fucked up by not doing everything to prevent him from winning you got muthafuckas trying to justify not voting for Hillary but what you are failing to realize is that the justification that you have for not voting for Hillary do not outweigh the eventual consequences of Trump winning and that's exactly what happened but niggas have too much pride to admit that they were wrong so whenever she gets brought up we have to bring up how she was the worst person in the world in 1994 and solely responsible for The crime Bill by herself which was the worst thing to ever happen to Black people. That's how niggas sound when they talk about her.
Not to interject into yall conversation, but isnt it crazy how so much black people didnt show up for Hillary cause they said they didnt like here and who the president is doesnt matter.

Just to be met with a president that showed who the president is does matter. Just to be met again with people who said dont vote for Biden because who the president is doesnt matter unless that president is on board with all and every black initiative?

But that’s not the way Clinton herself tells it. In her 2003 memoir, Living History, she wrote that she “actively participated” in the internal debate on welfare reform. “I wanted to influence his decision,” she wrote. She threatened to go public with her opposition to the first bill the GOP presented, she wrote—which would have been a first for her speaking out against her husband’s administration—but that once the third bill came back with changes, “I agreed that he should sign it and worked hard to round up votes for its passage.”

^^^^explain to me how this is the same as one of our parents simply having an opinion on policy?

Easily.

It wasn't her decision to make. She can say how she wanted to influence it all she wanted. There are still 50 Senators, 435 Members of The House of Representatives, a Vice President, and a President who have more power and say that she does.

In fact, are you even aware that for 8 years of Clinton's Presidency he only had The House and The Senate for 2 total years?

That means that HRC could've kicked and screamed and sat in on as many meetings as she wanted. republicans ran Congress for Clinton's whole Presidency.

Up until maybe 2019 Biden kept defending the crime bill. 25 years after it was passed.

The year before election 2020 he finally admits it was a mistake.

Do u believe him?

Not to interject into yall conversation, but isnt it crazy how so much black people didnt show up for Hillary cause they said they didnt like here and who the president is doesnt matter.

Just to be met with a president that showed who the president is does matter. Just to be met again with people who said dont vote for Biden because who the president is doesnt matter unless that president is on board with all and every black initiative?

Yup

Just like how niggas say that voting doesn't matter but Bill Clinton only had a Democratic Majority for 2 years.

And the niggas wonder why shit isn't getting done when certain Presidents are in office. That's because the opposition is in control.

Up until maybe 2019 Biden kept defending the crime bill. 25 years after it was passed.

The year before election 2020 he finally admits it was a mistake.

Do u believe him?

He said parts of it were a mistake which is true but the reasoning for it were valid ones and were strongly supported by the majority of our community.

What you are doing and what a lot of people have been doing only the last few years is act like The Crime Bill was always written so black and white (no pun)

The Crime Bill like many other big pieces of legislation have parts that are really good and parts that get abused and end up hurting worse than they should.

Now if you're asking me if I believe Joe Biden when he says it was a mistake then yes I do because I remember his comments on it. I don't think he was saying that just to get votes if that's what you're getting at. Joe Biden didn't need to clear up any confusion on The Crime Bill to win this election. Niggas on the internet want you to believe that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back