Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloud Austin as secretary of defense bothers me. He sits on the board of directors at Raytheon.

Marcia Fudge bothers me. She literally said after the election she DID NOT want to be the secretary of HUD because that’s where they put black people. Biden gave her HUD.

His USDA pick Tom Vilsack :scust:
Yeah, the Fudge thing is crazy, but he is putting black people at other positions, such as Defense Secretary and in HHS.. Any objection to Lloyd Austin?

I guess I’m just trying to balance the questionable with the righteous picks cause I haven’t seen anyone give a resounding approval of any pick. At least not at the volume you hear of those against picks.

Damn, my bad.

Conflict of interest your main concern?

I don’t know. I’ll take a black man with the conflict over a white man with the conflict. I’d rather have neither, but given the choice :shrugs:

And this is why Joe Biden got on the call with them civil rights leaders and told them to work with hispanics because they are going to be the majority. They already know that people like you don’t care about anything as long as it sounds and looks good.

IMO him being on the board of Raytheon and being Secretary Of Defense is not a conflict of interest. You wouldn’t want a car salesman in that position. You want someone with strong connections to the military and all parts of defense.

Just to be completely straight up Lloyd Austin is a war criminal who should be treated as such.
Hold up, you can dispense with the attacks my G. People like me trying to understand why you don’t like the pick. I just assumed you didn’t like him because you feel like he’ll be throwing kickbacks to Raytheon.

So you are saying we need someone in that position with strong ties to the military and defense. And he has that. So what’s your beef?

Why is he a war criminal in your eyes if that’s your issue with him?

Damn, my bad.

Conflict of interest your main concern?

I don’t know. I’ll take a black man with the conflict over a white man with the conflict. I’d rather have neither, but given the choice :shrugs:

when you work for a defense contractor, he’s probably going to be pushing for a lot of overseas intervention.

pass on that. 22 years in Afghanistan for what?

defense budget is bloated as is. 10% of defense budget can pay for the rest of the agencies

when you work for a defense contractor, he’s probably going to be pushing for a lot of overseas intervention.

pass on that. 22 years in Afghanistan for what?

defense budget is bloated as is. 10% of defense budget can pay for the rest of the agencies
That’s what I meant by conflict of interest. The conflict comes because he was on the board of a company who profits from overseas intervention, so it’s a conflict of interest to be put in the position to make choices about overseas intervention.

Diversity is irrelevant if the person is going to keep it business as usual. I’m not saying that about this pick, but he has at least 3 picks that bother me. Sometimes pandering is pandering.

This.

I don't see why it's such a hard concept to understand. Getting your ass beat by a cop isn't somehow better if that cop happens to be black. In fact, it's actually worse because it undermines efforts to point out the racist behavior in policing.

This.

I don't see why it's such a hard concept to understand. Getting your ass beat by a cop isn't somehow better if that cop happens to be black. In fact, it's actually worse because it undermines efforts to point out the racist behavior in policing.
False equivalency, but I get your point and agree actually. To me there’s levels though.

Let’s say the scale is 0-10, 5 being status quo. A black man making a come up and a black man being in the position of defense Secretary for the first time ever is a positive. So now we’re at 6.

I think people tend to think if you see the positive in anything it means you’re in full support of that thing. Not necessarily true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back