Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

I don’t think the debt to black voters was paid by putting a black man in as Secretary of Defense, but I have a serious question for people that are criticizing the black people he’s choosing for his cabinet. Who could he put in which position where you’d give him his props?

All I’ve seen is criticism of every person of color he’s put in his cabinet.

I don’t think the debt to black voters was paid by putting a black man in as Secretary of Defense, but I have a serious question for people that are criticizing the black people he’s choosing for his cabinet. Who could he put in which position where you’d give him his props?

I personally don't care about him putting black people in positions. Who gives a fuck if they toe the party line and still don't do anything of substance. What I want to see is policy that benefits us. The race of the person pushing and supporting the policy is secondary.

We stepped back from church almost 1 month ago now... and they just had an outbreak... thankfully we left before it happened

I think it's a reflection of the post Obama era of representation politics. People seen black faces in high places during that already and want more for their votes than empty symbolism. This also means little when most people are on the verge of being evicted in less than a month.

I personally don't care about him putting black people in positions. Who gives a fuck if they toe the party line and still don't do anything of substance. What I want to see is policy that benefits us. The race of the person pushing and supporting the policy is secondary.
I can respect that and agree. I’d just say putting our people in those positions gives us a better shot at getting policy that helps us. And at minimum it’s a black man/woman coming up so I can never hate on that.

I can respect that and agree. I’d just say putting our people in those positions gives us a better shot at getting policy that helps us. And at minimum it’s a black man/woman coming up so I can never hate on that.

Right now, I feel like they are just putting a bunch of minorities in places as a show of commitment to diversity and to placate a bunch of special interest groups. I'm not impressed by that. However, if these people are actually quality picks who plan to try and make substantive changes in their position for the benefit of the people, then good job by Biden for picking them. We'll just have to see what happens. I'm just not that optimistic because there are plenty of black people that are satisfied with personal accomplishment and don't care how their actions impact the greater community. We all know the government has a good track record of finding those black people.

Right now, I feel like they are just putting a bunch of minorities in places as a show of commitment to diversity and to placate a bunch of special interest groups. I'm not impressed by that. However, if these people are actually quality picks who plan to try and make substantive changes in their position for the benefit of the people, then good job by Biden for picking them. We'll just have to see what happens. I'm just not that optimistic because there are plenty of black people that are satisfied with personal accomplishment and don't care how their actions impact the greater community. We all know the government has a good track record of finding those black people.
Agree. A step in the right direction. Hopefully it keeps going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back