Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
What system would you suggest replace the EC?

We got a popular vote type of system in the UK and its a disaster

great question. let me think about that.

It would take a full vote from both sides and the supreme court to make it happen.

if u remove the electoral college....the green party and libertarians would make crazy gains, you think dems are going for that?

great question. let me think about that.

if u remove the electoral college....the green party and libertarians would make crazy gains, you think dems are going for that?
This country needs to destroy this 2 party foolishness and if the people stand up and demand the EC to be taken away then we could see a lot of big changes. Dems and Reps are too comfortable the country needs a shake up.

bipartisan is total shit but it is backed by oppressive sys like the EC

getting rid of the EC will in turn delegitimize this two party sys

my question is why would dems and repubs agree to such a change?

bipartisan is total shit but it is backed by oppressive sys like the EC

getting rid of the EC will in turn delegitimize this two party sys

my question is why would dems and repubs agree to such a change?

Because there's 350,000,000 people in The United States now.

The popular vote benefits every single state. We use the popular vote for local elections. WE only use he EC for the General election. Anything at the state level is a popular vote.

Based on the sheer population of the USA right now the popular vote would be favored overwhelmingly. You can't find a poll where people are against replacing the EC with the popular vote. There's only beef when you know who in Congress oppose it.

Because there's 350,000,000 people in The United States now.

The popular vote benefits every single state. We use the popular vote for local elections. WE only use he EC for the General election. Anything at the state level is a popular vote.

Based on the sheer population of the USA right now the popular vote would be favored overwhelmingly. You can't find a poll where people are against replacing the EC with the popular vote. There's only beef when you know who in Congress oppose it.

again, why would dems and repubs be for a change that could destory their parties in the long run?

again, why would dems and repubs be for a change that could destory their parties in the long run?

It wouldn't destroy their party. Think about how many electoral votes you get per state and then look at how many voters are in that state. The only way for the EC to make any sense would be to increase the number of electoral votes by thousands. 270 to win is simply not advantageous for the majority of states population.

What I'm saying is the EC is not advantageous for either party as compared to popular votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back