Welcome To aBlackWeb

Teyana Taylor says she's retiring and feels "super underappreciated"

As a artist we all been in the place she is at. Just have to be greatful and find the joy in why you create and not seek validations from other. It's the human thing to do when you think you are great at something you love. Like bro I STILL want a Grammy lol. But she has to understand her music has touched plenty and to many of her supporters she is a legend. Like I believe I'm a fucking legend in music despite the lack of looks and opportunities I have yet to receive. As creators as long as we leave behind a portfolio of great music, our art is timeless and folks can always go back and see her greatness. Anything else is kosher.

I hope she finds joy in music again because she is pretty good at it and her supporters will continue to appreciate her despite how the rest feel.

I mean something is obviously not being done properly if she's dropped that many projects, been signed to Star Trak and Good Music and she's still best known for singing background vocals on a couple MBDTF tracks or dancing in the Fade video.

Now that's not necessarily her fault, it easily could be but it could also easily be a management or label issue. Idk what her relationship is like with other GOOD artists but imo there should be no reason there aren't Teyana hooks on every album or mixtape before she had kids.
So you mean the good ole payolla huh

I guess you right, the labels should be greasing palms to force her music on ppl....

I'd say bad management & label issues. At this point though, why sign to a label? A mainstream label when you got Spotify, Tidal, & Apple? Shit all she has to do is market her own music and get paid through the streaming companies.

It's not that easy. You can upload your album to every streaming platform for $30, but that's what everybody is doing. When you're on Spotify you're competing with millions of people that make the same kind of music as you. If you really want to break out and be an A-list artist it takes a budget that most people can't afford. You need a label (or a team of friends) to promote your music on social media, also MTV and BET. Otherwise you're just another artist with an album on Spotify.

A professional video costs at least $10k (I'm not talking about your homie that knows how to make a video, I mean a real production company)

Advertising on ThisIs50 and Worldstar costs thousands of dollars per week.

Then you have to sit home all day and promote your music on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

And when the pandemic ends you have to tour and do shows every other day.

I'm going through the same thing and it's not as easy as it sounds.

Y'all tripping, Teyana is dope af.

That being said, she won't get the proper criticism for this stunt. Comes off as attention seeking. Her last two projects were critically acclaimed and she been doing her directing thing and getting proper for that too! Wtf is she talking about?

Y'all tripping, Teyana is dope af.

That being said, she won't get the proper criticism for this stunt. Comes off as attention seeking. Her last two projects were critically acclaimed and she been doing her directing thing and getting proper for that too! Wtf is she talking about?
She didnt get a Grammy nod....

She didnt get a Grammy nod....
tenor.gif

Good dancer......thats all I got. Take care.

I ain't going front all I ever know her for is doing something cool mostly choreography then the music drops and fizzles as usual. I don't think she is a great artist at all but she has something with choreography.

I liked the song she did with Wu Tang, but honestly that's the only song I know by her and the main reason I like it is because of Wu Tang.

Back