Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Text me when you get home"

So what if you get that "I'm home" text, and as soon as they hit send, a gas line bursts and the house explodes?

My point is, anything could happen at anytime. So what makes the drive home so especially concerning?
You’re being extreme as hell. Yes anything can happen at anytime. PEOPLE GET IN WRECKS ALL THE TIME. What is your issue with people being concerned?

you just ease the worry of your loved ones, or whomever is concerned. Granted, yes, anything can happen afterwards, but that isn’t the point nor anyone’s thought process.

Never knew simply asking someone to text/call so you'd know they made it to their destination could be annoying or redundant.

Soul Rattler, you're mean!

If you leave my house I stand outside till you turn the corner.

I will sit in my car till you are safely in the house.

If you are my friend you are my family and will be treated as such, which is why i keep my circle small.
Me as soon as you get out my car

"Good luck my guy"

You’re being extreme as hell. Yes anything can happen at anytime. PEOPLE GET IN WRECKS ALL THE TIME. What is your issue with people being concerned?

Never knew simply asking someone to text/call so you'd know they made it to their destination could be annoying or redundant.

Soul Rattler, you're mean!
I think it all started when I was a young lad.

I once broke up with an ex because she demanded to come over and make me soup when I was sick. There might be a trend here...

Damn bruh that weird. I mean you tell your kids to check in with you right? Same thing

Do you have kids?
Ok let me clarify.

A child or teenager has not developed full cognitive or physical ability to protect, defend, and avoid against seen and unseen dangers. They aren't good drivers and are often seen as easy prey.

That's different. Adults know better and can do better.

Ok let me clarify.

A child or teenager has not developed full cognitive or physical ability to protect, defend, and avoid against seen and unseen dangers. They aren't good drivers and are often seen as easy prey.

That's different. Adults know better and can do better.
So you don’t check on the wellbeing of your parents or siblings?

If someone I’m chilling with came from a long distance, then I feel better knowing they made it home safe, so texting me when they’ve made it back confirms they’re fine.

It’s called “caring.” I know that shit is different around here, but try to do it once in a while....you’ll be surprised.

Some people are also cautious about texting people who are driving as they don’t wanna cause a distraction, so letting them know you’re home means they have the green light to text you too

Some people are also cautious about texting people who are driving as they don’t wanna cause a distraction, so letting them know you’re home means they have the green light to text you too
So if you go on a date or hang out with someone you know you never want to see again, the right thing to do is not let them know you're safe right?

Back