Welcome To aBlackWeb

Texas just banned MLK speeches, Native American history + More from Schools

White supremacists know their numbers are dwindling

Low ass birthrates

They know the will be the minority soon

They're doing everything they can now to is to erase history for when they are erased in the future

Your statements are true but with the bold them being a minority doesn't mean they lose power. Whites were the minority in South Africa yet still had all the power.

A violent minority group can hold the power over majorities. They are using many forms(economic, political, educational, violence, judicial, etc.) to maintain their stay in power all while becoming a minority group.

I'm not saying you just take what's given to you. I believe it will take actual work to fix things.

At the end of the day, I just don't see how not voting and setting that as your stance accomplishes anything. If you have some alternate strategy to voting then I'm all ears. But it seems like a lot of people are just on some "voting is pointless" shit and I don't really se how anything will change by adopting that mentality and doing nothing else.

Do you or anybody else thinks that if majority of monetary donors to democrats wanted the exact same things in texas that republicans do that they wouldn't be on the same mission?

Money runs politics not votes. So yes I can choose not to vote but donate money to a politician and get more out that politician than you did for standing in a long hot ass voting line.

Let me ask you this: If we both had opposing issues that we wanted to speak to the same politician about and you called that politician and told them I voted for you and I want a meeting. I call that same politician and say I donated x amount of dollars to your campaign and I want a meeting with you.

Who do you think that politician is going to meet with first and give more importance to said issue?

But real talk, white people need real history too. Like before you can listen to rap music you gotta pass the real history of America test lol. They really be on some, we did yall a favor...shits good now, yall are equal. You can do the same things we can do lol. We " civilized " this lane. Ugh that's another thing that needs to be unlearned. This weaponize understanding of " 1st world " , " civilized vs uncivilized ". The fact that there are places here in "Good Ole USA", that look like these ads on TV😑😒. I digress....the disillusion is real.

tbh, I can understand why some blk ppl think all white ppl are devils. Like frfr

Shit is so frustrating...

tenor.gif

Do you or anybody else thinks that if majority of monetary donors to democrats wanted the exact same things in texas that republicans do that they wouldn't be on the same mission?

Money runs politics not votes. So yes I can choose not to vote but donate money to a politician and get more out that politician than you did for standing in a long hot ass voting line.

Let me ask you this: If we both had opposing issues that we wanted to speak to the same politician about and you called that politician and told them I voted for you and I want a meeting. I call that same politician and say I donated x amount of dollars to your campaign and I want a meeting with you.

Who do you think that politician is going to meet with first and give more importance to said issue?

You seem to be mixing concepts. If your stance is that the system is flawed, we agree. The point of contention was whether or not there was any point in voting at all.

You seem to be mixing concepts. If your stance is that the system is flawed, we agree. The point of contention was whether or not there was any point in voting at all.

I'm not mixing concepts my points and stances are clear. It was a simple question to answer.

The Texas Senate on Friday passed legislation that would end requirements that public schools include writings on women’s suffrage and the civil rights movement in social studies classes.
Among the figures whose works would be dropped: Susan B. Anthony, Cesar Chavez, and Martin Luther King Jr., whose “I Have a Dream"speech and “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” would no longer make the curriculum cut.
The bill (S.B. 3), which was passed on a vote of 18 to 4, now is stalled because the House can’t achieve a quorum while a breakaway group of Democrats is out of the state. The special session is set to end on Aug. 6.
It would remove more than two dozen teaching requirements from a new law (H.B 3979) that bars the teaching of critical race theory, an academic framework exploring racism’s shaping of the country.
That law included a list of historic figures, events and documents required for inclusion in social studies classes. The Senate-passed bill would remove most mentions of people of color and women from those requirements, along with a requirement that students be taught about the history of white supremacy and “the ways in which it is morally wrong.”

What if the representatives who pulled this shit are in office because black people (and other affected minorities) didn't vote?

I get some of ya'll don't think voting matters, but the enemy certainly does. That's why they are trying so hard to pass legislation to hurt the voting rights of black people.

I mean Texas been a red state forever we don’t outnumber white people even if every black person in Texas voted Democrat Texas would still be red. We 13%

I mean Texas been a red state forever we don’t outnumber white people even if every black person in Texas voted Democrat Texas would still be red. We 13%

The demographics are changing though. Black people can't do it alone, but the Reps down there fear that it's becoming a purple state. Again, there is a reason they are trying to push those fucked up voting laws.

You vote,they change the rules...ie GA lol. Like I use to think you gotta beat them at they own game and get into the system. But idk about that mindset anymore. Voting doesn't address issues now and I actually think politicians go in with one mindset( I can change things) but then quickly realize...naw that ain't gonna work. MLK before untimely passing, recognized that his approach was not the best way and started speaking way more on economic independence vs this we all need to come together plan.
He was working on the Poor People's Campaign months before his assassination to unite poor people. Once you start bringing ppl together that's when they get you outa here.

Such lame to even go that extent lmfao what u trying prove ?

Their attempt to hold hold on to whateva lil wyte supremacy grip they have on this country. They're becoming. The country is becoming more & more diverse each year. They're becoming the minority and they're freaking out. Doing everything they can to try to stop something that's evitable.

I pray everything they're attempting to do now backfires on them 10 fold.

Back