Poll Teacher Lets Students Unbraid His Hair: Was This Inappropriate?

Was This Inappropriate?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don’t see the big issue unless it’s about recording and showing the kids. But don’t think he should be fired or anything.

I've said this time and time again.

There's too many young teachers teaching.

When I was in school, nearly all of my teachers were at least 30 years older than me.

Now, it seems like the average age difference is 10-12 years or less.

And it's not just the age difference that's the problem.

It's the fact that there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in maturity level between the teachers and students.

Seems like more of a peer relationship than a student/teacher relationship.

I blame social media for this.

Mainly because the teachers are probably on social media just as much as the students.

So they have a similar mentality.

Basically, if most of the teachers were old enough to be the students' parents, none of this foolishness would even be happening.

I mean but it’s not like teaching as whole makes people want to stay for 30 years. And it’s no age requirement.

This is very interesting

I know what the real problem is but I'll hold off for now

What do you think personally?
I think a lot of ya'll dudes don't actually volunteer in your child's school judging by these comments. Also I think if this was a woman, people wouldn't be labeling her a groomer for having some kids unbraiding her hair...

Last edited:
I just don't understand sharing everything with the internet. If you don't want to expose yourself to criticism from others who don't understand the context or the culture you're presenting or representing, leave it off the internet.

It could have been a nice memory for himself and his students. It's as if people don't believe their memories if they don't make them public.

If you look forward to hearing the world's premature opinions, then carry on, upload away... won't ever be me though.

Personally, I don’t think there was anything sexual about it.

I don’t think teachers and students should be breaking the physical contact barrier like that tho, man or woman.
I agree w this

This a little too far

I think a lot of ya'll dudes don't actually volunteer in your child's school judging by these comments. Also I think if this was a woman, people wouldn't be labeling her a groomer for having some kids unbraiding her hair...
Its big paternal energy being put out so i can't knock it. Its commendable but I think I put my finger on what the real problem is... people feel like the physical contact is inappropriate, not because they're worried about the teacher doing anything, I think the underlying subconscious reason is brothers are worried about the girls taking a liking to being up in dude's head. Kinda crushing on him through his hair. Later on asking "hey Mr Johnson do you need me/us to take down your hair again?" And it just becomes a Thing. I think that's what the concerns are, although on the surface it appears innocent

....thought dude in the pic was the student. Was confused for a sec

• Ether
Reactions: deadeye
Why? Because the possibility of an inappropriate relationship forming?
Nah cause if his grades not right he shouldn't be doing it and if that teacher don't have all of their students grades right the teacher shouldn't be worried about hair being taken down.
And there is a line that teachers shouldn't cross and this is one of them.

Reactions: deadeye

No lie I think I could volunteer more but now my daughter in middle school. Might be in the way.