Welcome To aBlackWeb

T-Pain thinks Tupac would've gotten "ate the f**k up" lyrically by new rappers if alive

Here goes the thread where the 40+ yr olds feel disrespected and have to prove their gen is superior to the kids of today and explain how their gen had perfect rappers who made real songs that changed the world.......

tupac-but-why.gif

It’s funny to me because they won’t have the reverse conversation. Would any of these artists today be able to survive in the 90s hip hop world?

He wasn't very lyrical, but he was one of the most popular while not being lyrical. I mean, if we're really being honest, KRS did a better job of kicking afrocentricity than Pac, Paris def would have killed Pac bar for bar as far as being a Panther-inspired revolutionary is concerned (as did Boots from The Coup). What Pac did was make joints niggas could fuck with emotionally. Think of how "Brenda's Got a Baby" and "If My Homies Call" hit niggas in the feels. Same for ""Keep Ya Head Up" and "Dear Momma". Pac filled a void for hip hop with emotional content other than anger and rage (i.e. Paris) or straight up kickin' knowledge. I have only a handful of joints by dude that I really fucked with: I Get Around, Do For Love, and Changes and each one was because there was something I related to in each one. Niggas in the street don't really know Pac's revolutionary joints, or shit where he's trying to kick some knowledge, but play "Me and My Girlfriend", "California Love", or some shit like that and muhfuckas light up and can kick lyrics right along with it.

I believe it was Bomani Jones who says this but he says that the main reason be will never argue or debate with someone about either 2Pac or Allen Iverson is because people aren't really talking about skill level but more about how experiencing those people in real time made their fans feel. And the feeling you get from Pac's music isn't rivaled by many others. When you hear a joint like "They Don't Give A Fuck About Us" or "Starin Through My Rearview" you're not gonna be blown away with bars and entendres but there's no matching the emotion of those songs

If niggaz going so crazy and giving all these plaudits to Kendrick, I could imagine how Tupac would dominate in these times cause his stuff was way better

That's because Pac also understood the art of songwriting better than most but would still throw in some real shit. I Get Around is arguably one of his biggest hits next to California Love and in the final verse of a party song he gives a warning to niggas about avoiding groupies who may throw a false rape claim...and this is before his own incident so its not like it was a 2020 hindsight type of thing. He just had that ability better than most to make a catchy song but also throw some real shit in too

I get what he's trying to say...rappers like J cole and Kendrick and them are more lyrical on average than pac ever was but its also silly to think Pac wouldn't have evolved and adjusted lyrically as well if he were still alive

its not fair to compare lyricsm from 96 to 2022 because the standards are completely different today

J. Cole and Kendrick both make dope music but their skill set is so overrated, the current playing field is just shitty. They’re not better than PAC at anything and I think PAC is overrated.

Reactions: GNS
J. Cole and Kendrick both make dope music but their skill set is so overrated, the current playing field is just shitty. They’re not better than PAC at anything and I think PAC is overrated.

Pac is one of my favorite rappers ever...and this last sentence is a damn lie

Back