Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED T.I. Opens Affordable Housing Development

test
View attachment 1215377
Dude let that man give it a shot none of us know what his motives or intentions are. But I do know this with this one move T.I. just did more than 99% of us are willing to do. If his venture stops one child from having to lay their head on a park bench or avoid being violated by some piece of trash predator in a shelter, then it was all worth it

We don’t have TI money man lol

View attachment 1215377
Dude let that man give it a shot none of us know what his motives or intentions are. But I do know this with this one move T.I. just did more than 99% of us are willing to do. If his venture stops one child from having to lay their head on a park bench or avoid being violated by some piece of trash predator in a shelter, then it was all worth it
That’s why things like this work so well, that’s why it’s working well in my community.

The town wants to widen 526 which is an interstate that connects west Ashley( middle income) to North Charleston (low income) and Mt.Pleasant (high income)

Due to the way interstates are built to effect urban areas, both Mt. Pleasant and West Ashley have their portions away from communities. North Charlestons portions runs through 20 communities. All predominantly black.

That’s 20 communities that they said, hey, before we expand this bridge we are going to need extra land. We are going to have to annex several communities along the line. So here’s what we are going to do North Charleston folk.

We are going to build affordable housing in one..just one, they are gonna annex homes in 20 communities. But they are building one large apartment complex, those 20 communities were in 3 districts, this community is in one.

The black peoples around here who are hard on times and money say, about the time the government does something for us instead of just kicking us out.

Government gets to look like the hero, they are playing chess with folk playing checkers. You create the need for something, and then supply the need for something, you look like the hero.

Short term loss for long term gain, and for the residents, it’s short term gain for long term loss. When you live in poverty you don’t have time to think long term. Its incumbent upon people from your community with the money and wealth to think long term.

Assist you by being a long term thinker, there are other ways to do this. Black people keep falling for the same trap that’s set for everyone. Yet we fall for it and blame white people after the fact.

Last edited:
I don’t think you have a 100% grasp of the definition of gentrification.

stop clinging to just the first part of it and keep reading.

You do know a black neighborhood can fix up the houses and not sell and that would be considered gentrifying. You do know that right?

Dude... mowing your lawn and picking up litter is not gentrification. Gentrification at its core involves displacement. As someone who has been on the shit end of that stick 3 times I can say... you might want to educate yourself on the real effects of gentrification.

Also please show 1 example of black people gentrifying a neighborhood.

Dude... mowing your lawn and picking up litter is not gentrification. Gentrification at its core involves displacement. As someone who has been on the shit end of that stick 3 times I can say... you might want to educate yourself on the real effects of gentrification.

Also please show 1 example of black people gentrifying a neighborhood.

He just want to argue man. He think we want black people to stay poor and die

On one hand, Clifford is doing his part to uplift the black community. That’s a lot I can say than some of these fake-ass activists, so credit him for that.

On the other, I’ve seen gentrification firsthand in Brooklyn. They’ve been fighting that shit damn near 20 years, and while it may seem like a safer, more bustling place for commerce, the main gripe is that the “soul” of the neighborhood is gone.

So, there is your dilemma.

That’s why things like this work so well, that’s why it’s working well in my community.

The town wants to widen 526 which is an interstate that connects west Ashley( middle income) to North Charleston (low income) and Mt.Pleasant (high income)

Due to the way interstates are built to effect urban areas, both Mt. Pleasant and West Ashley have their portions away from communities. North Charlestons portions runs through 20 communities. All predominantly black.

That’s 20 communities that they said, hey, before we expand this bridge we are going to need extra land. We are going to have to annex several communities along the line. So here’s what we are going to do North Charleston folk.

We are going to build affordable housing in one..just one, they are gonna annex homes in 20 communities. But they are building one large apartment complex, those 20 communities were in 3 districts, this community is in one.

The black peoples around here who are hard on times and money say, about the time the government does something for us instead of just kicking us out.

Government gets to look like the hero, they are playing chess with folk playing checkers. You create the need for something, and then supply the need for something, you look like the hero.

Short term loss for long term gain, and for the residents, it’s short term gain for long term loss. When you live in poverty you don’t have time to think long term. Its incumbent upon people from your community with the money and wealth to think long term.

Assist you by being a long term thinker, there are other ways to do this. Black people keep falling for the same trap that’s set for everyone. Yet we fall for it and blame white people after the fact.

See @Dwayne this is examples. Not even gonna tag lurk cuz he hate poor nighas too

On one hand, Clifford is doing his part to uplift the black community. That’s a lot I can say than some of these fake-ass activists, so credit him for that.

On the other, I’ve seen gentrification firsthand in Brooklyn. They’ve been fighting that shit damn near 20 years, and while it may seem like a safer, more bustling place for commerce, the main gripe is that the “soul” of the neighborhood is gone.

So, there is your dilemma.
Nyc been washed its so unfortunate

Back