Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED T.I. Opens Affordable Housing Development

test
When you funnel a bunch of black people to one or two apartment complexes, those complexes exist in only one district.

The surrounding districts then make the laws, but the vast majority of us be in one district with one rep. Who has no political power.

We should want multiple communities in multiple counties

Not for nothing and I hate to be that guy, cause I understand that y’all want to this to be what it says it is.

Habitat for humanity and hud house are tools for gentrification. The homes that are built using these entities are only built in communities in the process of gentrification.

I say all of that to say that developments like this, especially when they are a large number units. Are utilized to herd a specific kind of low income individual and elderly poc into a generalized easy to police community.

While the surrounding area is then gentrified. And the marginalized community become fish in a bucket.

But I know y’all want to this to be what it says it is, and I apologize for telling y’all the truth.

While I kinda agree with you... I've been doing Habitat for humanity for years and not one of the neighborhoods I worked in got gentrified or were even close. We legit build or rebuild houses in the shittiest neighborhoods in north Jersey but it's always for the nicest people who usually end up going on to volunteer themselves.

I see @SeaSnake have no idea about blacks gentrifying our own communities is a good thing

Makes sense he don’t because he probably think it’s only one definition of the word

I see @SeaSnake have no idea about blacks gentrifying our own communities is a good thing

Makes sense he don’t because he probably think it’s only one definition of the word

Look if you have an example of gentrification that’s not negative then post it or leave it be.

Look if you have an example of gentrification that’s not negative then post it or leave it be.
You don’t even know the definition of the word so I’m not going to explain anything.

You’re program to automatically think it’s about rich folks coming taking over even though it’s a multi layered definition

I don't think you have a 100% grasp on the practice of gentrification.
I don’t think you have a 100% grasp of the definition of gentrification.

stop clinging to just the first part of it and keep reading.

You do know a black neighborhood can fix up the houses and not sell and that would be considered gentrifying. You do know that right?

@Dwayne

Let me put it on me and take it off everybody else.

As far as I know, gentrification is changing a neighborhood or area by having rich people buy up shit and move in, while kicking the previous residents out. So maybe that's how other nigga's understand gentrification too. If it is, then an aorta of gentrification is pricing out the previous residents. If that's the case, seems like gentrification even by black people is still ass.

What's your reaction to that?

@Dwayne

Let me put it on me and take it off everybody else.

As far as I know, gentrification is changing a neighborhood or area by having rich people buy up shit and move in, while kicking the previous residents out. So maybe that's how other nigga's understand gentrification too. If it is, then an aorta of gentrification is pricing out the previous residents. If that's the case, seems like gentrification even by black people is still ass.

What's your reaction to that?
black folks improving there living conditions by fixing up the neighborhood they live in will never be a bad thing

You don’t even know the definition of the word so I’m not going to explain anything.

You’re program to automatically think it’s about rich folks coming taking over even though it’s a multi layered definition

Well bro post a situation that is non negative gentrification then.

Or... you could salute and assume TI is operating in good faith until proven otherwise

Gawdamn man…

Off the top of my head, the last few times people ran in a thread screaming "black excellence!" off a PR article without thinking. One was Akon promoting his fake business in Africa we later found out is all Chinese owned and operated. He's done this several different times, with his fake future city, crypto & his electricity. Akon even got charged (and a few other celebrities) by the SEC for promoting crypto without revealing they were compensated to do so, for another crypto. Had to pay like $400k in “disgorgement, interest, and penalties to settle the charges without admitting or denying the SEC’s findings."

And another time is Neyo's feel good start up school. That supposedly help black women get in tech. Only later do we find out, their form of help was to let them use their computers to teach themselves how to code, in exchange for taking like 17% of their salary if they get a job making at least 40k after.

I dont personally know any of these people, so Im not going to vouch for w/e project they claim to work on. And I'm definitely not giving them then benefit of the doubt if they've been rich and famous for years, never did shit for the community or social issues, then all of a sudden wanna pull a rebrand in the twilight of their careers to make themselves leaders.

Ok so are the poor people pushed out or not can you answer that and can you show examples.
so the folks that can fix up their houses shouldn’t because their neighbors can’t?

So just live in substandard conditions as a group?

Not for nothing and I hate to be that guy, cause I understand that y’all want to this to be what it says it is.

Habitat for humanity and hud house are tools for gentrification. The homes that are built using these entities are only built in communities in the process of gentrification.

I say all of that to say that developments like this, especially when they are a large number units. Are utilized to herd a specific kind of low income individual and elderly poc into a generalized easy to police community.

While the surrounding area is then gentrified. And the marginalized community become fish in a bucket.

But I know y’all want to this to be what it says it is, and I apologize for telling y’all the truth.
close-door-the-office.gif
Dude let that man give it a shot none of us know what his motives or intentions are. But I do know this with this one move T.I. just did more than 99% of us are willing to do. If his venture stops one child from having to lay their head on a park bench or avoid being violated by some piece of trash predator in a shelter, then it was all worth it

Back