Welcome To aBlackWeb

Supporting black or minority game developers?

Tweet from @IMVGAMING: We understand and share the frustration. We would love nothing more than to be in full-time development right now. Things happen in business that cause for adjustments and unfortunately delays. Just because we are working in silence doesn’t mean we aren’t working.

i wanted to support the black college football game that was in development a few years ago, but i guess they ran out of funding and couldnt get it picked up by a bigger developer b/c it never saw the light of day

i think that games that feature black characters as the protagonist should have black writers writing the stories

most of the games that i've played with black protagonists feel like its someone white trying to "act black"

GTA San Andreas was a great game, but i do wonder what color were the writers of the dialogue.

Man if it's even remotely close to how great NCAA Football 14 was, ill be playing it for the next 5 years.

i dont care if its good or not.

all i care about is that the business end is run right.

ill support it all day off that

Man if it's even remotely close to how great NCAA Football 14 was, ill be playing it for the next 5 years.
it wont be out the gate but that should be ok

look how many chances people have given EA

and this is how the black community gets taken advantage of,

niggaz put half assed business etiquette into the black community for a quick money grab, an iggaz bindly support cuz its black....

niggaz use guilt and shaming their own people as marketing strategies....it's fucked up
well this is certainly a perspective

but why do we always have to work harder to prove that we are quality as well when like i just said, we have been throwing money at EA for decades now and they are a shell of themselves

but let a black company try to come in, then you take the wait and see approach

A Negro League baseball game would be dope. With a sepia toned old film camera mode and old school announcers.
ehhhh

they tried this with 2k a while back and i played it like once and never went back

well this is certainly a perspective

but why do we always have to work harder to prove that we are quality as well when like i just said, we have been throwing money at EA for decades now and they are a shell of themselves

but let a black company try to come in, then you take the wait and see approach

It shouldn't just be like this with black companies. This is something I do with all especially when it come to shit like video games. You gotta be real careful with this cause some of these developers will sale you a dream. They'll have you ready to go all in on there shit and then just abandon the project out of no where. I done seen it happen far too many times so thats why I always wait to support video games coming from small studios.

Black fantasy is a genre black creators need to get busy on ASAP in all mediums. I predict that soon somebody is going to go full fledged with a black IP and it needs to be us. I'd be open to doing concept art for such a project if I had the chance.

What's great is that game development is one of the areas where the gatekeepers are gone. You can release indie on PC and get on Steam, perhaps GOG and Epic as well. But I do agree it absolutely must be a game with good performance at the least. Even AAA titles are getting the guillotine for poor quality. No developer studio wants to go through that.

Back