Welcome To aBlackWeb

Supporting black or minority game developers?

We all know the industry is mostly ran by white dudes since it started. Over the past few years ive seen them try to appeal more towards the minorities by trying to include us as main characters and not be so stereotypical towards us. Mixed reviews pretty much.

So i ask would you support games made by us even if its not on par as the big companies or even the known independents. Budget does not always make a great game but we know it helps. And support can set new trends.

We all know the industry is mostly ran by white dudes since it started. Over the past few years ive seen them try to appeal more towards the minorities by trying to include us as main characters and not be so stereotypical towards us. Mixed reviews pretty much.

So i ask would you support games made by us even if its not on par as the big companies or even the known independents. Budget does not always make a great game but we know it helps. And support can set new trends.

i wanted to support the black college football game that was in development a few years ago, but i guess they ran out of funding and couldnt get it picked up by a bigger developer b/c it never saw the light of day

i think that games that feature black characters as the protagonist should have black writers writing the stories

most of the games that i've played with black protagonists feel like its someone white trying to "act black"

GTA San Andreas was a great game, but i do wonder what color were the writers of the dialogue.

Idk if y'all remember but cacs were tight af about the black college football game lol

They were like"why do they have to put black in the title"
Lol

i wanted to support the black college football game that was in development a few years ago, but i guess they ran out of funding and couldnt get it picked up by a bigger developer b/c it never saw the light of day

i think that games that feature black characters as the protagonist should have black writers writing the stories

most of the games that i've played with black protagonists feel like its someone white trying to "act black"

GTA San Andreas was a great game, but i do wonder what color were the writers of the dialogue.

dj pooh, who played red in the Friday movie co wrote the script for san andreas and he had input for gta v as well.

I follow this black company who is supposed to be releasing a college football game next year

They haven't released anything outside of one trailer. Many people think they lying but they've gotten a few former players supporting the movement so idk

thats foolish,iwill not support shit thats trash or i dont vibe with simply because they are black
My point is, you've, for the most part of your gaming supported white developers and publishers. They have a lot of advantages over smaller black owned studios. They'll get chance after chance after chance whole black studios gotta hit it out the park on the first go round?

Support them upfront and hope they get enough capital for a sequel

I follow this black company who is supposed to be releasing a college football game next year

They haven't released anything outside of one trailer. Many people think they lying but they've gotten a few former players supporting the movement so idk

Yep. Its fully customizable so you can recreate the NCAA with logos and everything

Didnt you drop a video on here about it like last year?

Yep. Its fully customizable so you can recreate the NCAA with logos and everything

Didnt you drop a video on here about it like last year?
Yeah and there has been nothing since

They real hush hush unless you've contributed to their GoFundMe shit. You get a newsletter talking about the progress but that shit must require a blood sample because I haven't seen one leaked online ever

Yeah and there has been nothing since

They real hush hush unless you've contributed to their GoFundMe shit. You get a newsletter talking about the progress but that shit must require a blood sample because I haven't seen one leaked online ever

Proly trying to make sure a major dev dont poach thier shit

Proly trying to make sure a major dev dont poach thier shit
Possibly but at this point I don't think anybody gonna poach anything

NCAA gaming is like the plague. No one wants to touch that with a ten foot pole

Possibly but at this point I don't think anybody gonna poach anything

NCAA gaming is like the plague. No one wants to touch that with a ten foot pole
True.

But theybshould be good legally.

All they need is the “we arent responsible for the community uploads” statement.

Its how madden was able to bring back real draft classes for 19’

They made it customizable

True.

But theybshould be good legally.

All they need is the “we arent responsible for the community uploads” statement.

Its how madden was able to bring back real draft classes for 19’

They made it customizable
Let me see if I can dig up something

Back