Welcome To aBlackWeb

Styles P is a bus driver now?

I know this aint real and all but in theory a one hit wonder who blew up and had a hot summer going broke and getting a regular job is not a L.

But if you Styles P and you been a well known rapper for 20+ years and toured all that time and end up broke and driving a bus, thats a L.

I heard Jaz-O works on the subway:

2e5ec81b24b647c444b26ef7c0027a9f.600x600x1.jpg

a L is a L

Would I hang my head over it if this was true and I wasn’t in his shoes? Hell no

But I won’t be walking around like I somehow came out better then when I was a world touring artist

You hold the L with grace and keep it pushing

It's really only an L if you believe that success in the music industry guarantees lifelong prosperity. It doesn't and it never has. There are probably more musicians out there that made a little buzz and then had to go live like normal people than there are musicians who lived and died as superstars. These niggas ain't like athletes. They ain't out there getting 50 million dollars guaranteed in contracts.

It's really only an L if you believe that success in the music industry guarantees lifelong prosperity. It doesn't and it never has. There are probably more musicians out there that made a little buzz and then had to go live like normal people than there are musicians who lived and died as superstars. These niggas ain't like athletes. They ain't out there getting 50 million dollars guaranteed in contracts.
Others *see 2 post above yours* already explained the difference between a Jibbs and a Styles P b.

If you don't think a 20+yr established artist going from dropping 3 projects last year to being a bus driver this year is an L you got the optimism of a Saint

There's nothing wrong with quitting showbizness and getting a regular job.

In showbizness you have to smile and take pictures with people you don't know or like.

In showbizness you sleep on a tour bus.

In showbizness people stare at you and anything you say or do is news. People gossip about you, just like we're gossiping about Styles P right now.

I can see why a person wouldn't want that life.

Getting a 9-5 isn't an L. Its probably the most peaceful and tranquil thing you could do.

Others *see 2 post above yours* already explained the difference between a Jibbs and a Styles P b.

If you don't think a 20+yr established artist going from dropping 3 projects last year to being a bus driver this year is an L you got the optimism of a Saint

Ya'll a lot of embedded assumptions. The cat above me is saying that Styles had to go broke to get a real job. That's not true. Honestly, I don't even understand the mindset of a person that believes that you have to completely lose are your money before you would take steps to get a steady income. A few of the bus drivers around here are making six figures, so it ain't like he'd be out there washing windows for pennies.

All that said, I'd agree that for Styles P specifically, it would probably take some sort of loss from him to go from where he is now to needing to drive buses, but I was speaking more generally. And a person doesn't have to be a one hit wonder to be put in that position without taking an L.

Back