Welcome To aBlackWeb

Strictly Dancehall/Reggae News

Agent Sasco Says Poverty and Crime Don’t go Hand in Hand

Agent Sasco speak his peace on crime in Jamaica.

Do poverty and crime go hand in hand? It’s a debate that has gone on for many years and Agent Sasco doesn’t believe it’s as clear cut as many believe. He was speaking at a meeting with the Jamaican Police Commissioner Major General Antony Anderson, who has over 35 years service, and other members of the entertainment fraternity earlier this week, November 23.

The meeting, which was held at Old Hope Road, St Andrew, office was called the ‘CommTalk’ and was hosted to try and help build a bridge between the music industry and the police in their efforts to fight crime on the island.

Sasco seemed to disagree with the opinion which was floated by entertainment consultant Clyde McKenzie that there was a strong connection between crime and poverty. He added, “there is a tendency to marry violence and poverty, that’s not true.” He also said that he believes violent crimes go far beyond just poverty being a motivating factor.

The Commissioner gave his own take on the two opinions and took a different approach. He said instead that criminals are now being considered heroes.
The Commissioner explained his point of view a bit more and said that “We define criminals as victims over time…and when they start to run the community, they are no longer victims but heroes.”
He said because of this new status an enemy is needed and that’s where criminals target the police. He offered that this is why so many were against “Babylon.” In a very detailed presentation, Anderson shared his perspective on why crime has continued to grow over the years. He went as far back as the 1970s to explain his take on the matter.
Many well-known artists and others in the entertainment industry attended the meeting including Beenie Man, Christopher Martin, Tony Rebel, Josey Wales, and DJ Squeeze.

Majah Hype’s Ex Says He Leaked Her Sex Tape As Revenge For Abuse Allegations

An irate ex-girlfriend of Majah Hype has taken to Instagram to call out the comedian who she alleges has released a sex tape of her, which is circulating across the internet after she made known the details of his abuse to here. She also said he faked his heart attack a week ago for sympathy, and after coming out of the hospital, he crashed into her car and pulled a gun on her.

The woman who goes by the name Kirby or Latisha said the tape circulating is from 10 years ago. “what did you think that is going to prove? You think that is going to make you look like a better person? Releasing a sex tape of me from years ago? You think that is the answer?”

On Wednesday, the comedian’s ex-girlfriend of seven (7) years took to social media to reveal that he had been abusive physically and sexually abusing her over the course of their relationship. She said that Majah Hype battered and bruised her and that she kept the abuse under wraps from her own family. However, friends of the couple seemed to be aware, but they seemed to blame her for causing Majah Hype to abuse her.

She said this move by Majah Hype is meant to embarrass her and shut her up “you’re not going to shut me up and put me under a rock. You’re not going to shame me.”

She also called out the comedian and said the news of him suffering a mild heart attack is a lie, and that the comedian faked the incident. “You should be ashamed for faking a heart attack and looking for sympathy.”

She also said he broke her phone, which had pictures of the bruises on her face caused by him. “Now you’ve gone through my phone, my old phone and digging up old stuff and releasing it to people, when does this stop? When do you take accountability,” she questioned.

She also alleges that Majah Hype pulled a gun on her, “you didn’t’ have no heart attack. Stop looking for sympathy and own your sh*t, I didn’t post my black eye, you put me in the hospital… coming up to the end of it, you tried to killed me. You pulled a gun on me. You pulled out a gun on me and then looking for sympathy turned around and cut yourself in front of my face, start slicing open your arm in front of my face. It’s a game that you playing and I’m not playing. This is my life that you’re playing with and trying to ruin me.”

She said that the motive for putting out the sex tape was to show that she was cheating on him to justify his actions. However, she said she has a son even if she had cheated on him, there is no excuse for him trying to destroy her. “Send the sex tape wherever you want. You still have to get up and look in the mirror. You still have to fight your demons but you can try to break me down.”

She said that the night Majah Hype allegedly had his heart attack, he pulled the gun on her. He also crashed into her car and broke her phone. She said the hospital discharge papers said the comedian had had chest pains and that he never suffered a heart attack. Hype has since deleted the hospital photo he posted on his Instagram.

The woman said Majah Hype was sick and needed help. “Who says they love somebody and then beat them …black both of their eyes.” She also said when she left him, he did voodoo on her. “Tell them when I left you, you did voodoo on me…and you talking about spiritual warfare, you the demon…asking for prayers…”

She said she did not call the police on Majah Hype to protect his career. “All of this stuff [don’t] make you look like a good man. I spoke my truth. I’m not a cheater, you are sir,” she said.

Meanwhile, she said that she knew that her ex would expose her nudes or things from her past to taint the perception of her in public but that she is committed to a path of healing.

Dancehall Artist Laden Pleads Guilty To Gun Charges, Faces Years In Prison

Dancehall artiste Laden will know his fate on December 15 after pleading guilty to gun charges earlier today. Laden, whose real name is Okeefe Aarons, pleaded guilty to charges of illegal possession of a firearm and illegal possession of ammunition in the St Elizabeth Circuit Court.

It seems he will be the only one facing the charges as both the accused, 21-year-old Saaion Ebanks and his younger teenaged brother, were acquitted of the gun charges today as well. The artist, who is 33-years-old, has been in police custody since October 28. He was arrested at Cheapside, St Elizabeth.

Earlier in November, Laden pleaded not guilty and was hoping for bail. At the time, his attorney Charles A Benbow said his client would seek bail in the St. Elizabeth Resident Magistrate Court in Santa Cruz. His application was dependent on the ballistic report. “The learned judge is awaiting the ballistic report from the police. The police gave a commitment that they would have the ballistic report available,” he said.

Laden was arrested around 10:40 pm on October 28, following a police chase in Cheapside, St Elizabeth, when Laden allegedly failed to stop after being ordered to do so while driving a black Mercedez. He and the previously co-accused allegedly threw the gun in question out of the vehicle, but they were taken back to the spot where the firearm was discovered, and they were arrested.

Laden became well-known after he shot to fame in 2006 following his appearance on Digicel Rising Stars. His most popular songs to date include “Gal Coward,” “Feelings Too Heavy,” “Never Lonely,” and “Time Is Now,” which he recorded on Stephen McGregor’s Daybreak rhythm.

Reggae Singer Jah Cure Addresses Embarrassing Viral Video Paying For Sexual Favors

Jah Cure is responding to the viral video in which he is heard cursing and threatening a woman and demanding the return of $600 for airfare from two women after they refused to have sex with him.

One of the women has disclosed that the incident occurred in December of 2019 and that Jah Cure had beaten her and her friend- another unidentified woman, and falsely imprisoned them as he demanded his money upfront or that one of the women have sex with him.

Speaking to Urban Islandz, one of the women who declined to identify herself says she is fearful for her life. She says that Jah Cure flew her and her friend to Jamaica, but sex was never discussed. However, she said she has been friends with him for years and was ok if it did come up between them. She said they stayed at his place in Montego Bay, then Kingston in Norbrook.

She said the incident caught on the recording started with the artiste asking them to have a threesome, which they refused. He also requested a taboo act, which they also refused. The artiste then became irate at the women. “We said no, he started to get mad and say he bought our tickets. Then hit us. Slapped me in the face and chest. And punched my friend but my head was down I didn’t see where, I think her cheek or side of her head.”

In the viral video, the woman can be heard telling Jah Cure that he hurt her and offered to show him where but he replies “yuh dnt have to show mi nothing, f—k off, yuh lucky, bruk mi want bruk one a yuh hand, yuh tek me for pussy. Yuh see why mi tell unu seh unu a problem, yuh know how much woman mi coulda get and enjoy mi self.”

The woman says that she was allowed to leave after the other woman agreed to have sex with the artiste but that “she cried the whole flight home.” She said they were unable to file a police report as officers in Norbrook refused to take a report. She also claims that two men, who call the artiste ‘daddy,’ stopped them from leaving.

Jah Cure is now responding, saying that he didn’t mean anything by what he said. He has neither confirmed nor denied hitting or falsely imprisoning the women or holding one of them hostage for sex. He does say, though, that he did say the things he said, but he insinuated that missing valuables and cash might have been taken by the women.

He says that the video was sent to him years ago, although the woman in the video claims the incident happened in 2019. A picture of her shows her posing in front of the artiste’s house with his yellow Mercedes-Benz AMG in the background on Dec 11, 2019.

He added that he met the women after they were beaten up by a local dancer years ago, and him knowing them for years extended his hospitality for when they wanted to visit.

The artiste believes the release of the video now is part of a calculated effort by some unknown persons to destroy him. “It was there all this time. It just leaves me to figure that, it seems that you know fall into the hands of someone who would really like to terminate you in everywhere they can you know social media warfare that them set up out there fi fight you know this a dem trick weh dem pull.”

Jah Cure, who was sentenced to 13 years imprisonment for rape, said, “everyone have them private life you done know. You and somebody inna argument and someone videoing you without you knowledge to form a setup and a blackmail you feel me yea because I was always good to them. That was the only bad moment me and dem share from the time they were here in Jamaica. Mi show dem so much love and tek care a dem.”

In the viral video, Cure is heard threatening to break the woman’s hand and also saying he will kill her. However, Cure says that after the women visited him, he realized that things were missing from his house- “valuable items and some cash and I asked about it and it caused some vibes and we start talking about other things so I said just give me back mi ticket you know what I mean,” he said before adding “yea because I’m not f**king them even.”

The artiste, however, admits that his behavior is wrong and apologizes “I know it’s wrong to even talk to them the way I was talking to them and I definitely apologize for that in myself. But deeply, they know I didn’t mean anything because I didn’t touch them.”

Bounty Killer Responds To Sean Paul Comparing Clash In Dancehall To Slavery

Bounty Killer, who is trending for his candid sit down with Dancehall Diva Spice on her weekly show ‘Spice it Up,’ says clash doesn’t mash up dancehall.

He was referring to a critique by Sean Paul, who said clash culture was destroying the genre. But Bounty Killer, whose real name is Rodney Price, says clash can make or break an artiste, and it isn’t for everyone. “Clash is a different thing enuh, cause clash is a different type of culture inna dancehall, it’s a gladiator thing. Clash can be good and it can be bad. If you suitable for clash it will good for you and if you not suitable for clash then it don’t suit you. When clash artiste go inna battle, it make him better. When artiste weh nuh make fi battle go into clash it destroy dem career.”

In a sit down with Spice, who is one of his protégé, being the artiste to have introduced her to the dancehall world when she was just 16 years old, the dancehall legend addressed the comments directly by Sean Paul, who said clashing was slave mentality. “mi hear Sean Paul make a speech, it’s slave mentality, I can’t make out or fathom weh him kinda mena, but nobody nuh force people to clash. It’s your choice to clash and tell you what? Its clash made this what you looking at,” referring to himself.

He added, “in 1993 when Bounty run out and say ‘people dead’, righr desso the channel change, the battle made you….1993 it put Bounty Killa and Beenie Man on the map and we never hesitate.”

The artiste added that clashing is just another form of competing like any other sport, using the example of when Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell used to go out and compete “that is how Bounty and Beenie compete, he says, “competition is not a slave mentality.”

He added that going on stage and battling doesn’t make a career. However, he said Merciless is one of those artistes who was only good at clashing at Sting. He, however, did not record songs outside of stage shows, and as a result, his career has petered out in comparison to Bounty and Beenie Man’s flourishing career 20 years after. He referenced the Verzuz, which still drew for Bounty and Beenie Man.

“What we did that day, that was not a clash that was a celebration of the era. It was a highlight and celebration of one’s talent. It reignited dancehall across the world.”

lost alot ratings for majah hype

Majah being a grown ass man doing that kind of stupid shit will deservedly hurt his career.

Can’t be hitting these females due to anger or wtv the case may be. Walk away. Save the pride.

Chet Hanks Defends Use of Patois Despite Angering Some Jamaicans

30-year-old Chet Hanks has once again found himself at the center of another conversation about his rights, or lack thereof, to imitate a Jamaican accent. Hanks’ take on the matter is that he’s not doing it to offend anyone; however, some critics see his constant use as offensive. How do Jamaicans living on the island feel about this?

The latest discussion took place on the growing audio-only social media platform Clubhouse. According to the son of the famous movie star Tom Hanks, he will still be speaking in the native island tongue. Hanks defended his case using a hypothetical scenario involving himself binge-watching English films.

“Guys, it’s really as simple as this,” he began. “If I get on a binge and I watch a bunch of English gangster movies, and I go around, ordering a coffee at Starbucks and I’m with my friend and I go, ‘Give me a latte, guvna.’ I’m not sh***ing on English people.”

He continued, “It’s not coming from a place of like, ‘Oh, I’m going to s—t on these people. You know what I mean?”

Much like his prior explanation to justify the first time he tried out the accent in public, this one didn’t swing the way he wanted. The chat was shared on Twitter, where users chimed in and reminded Hank that Britain’s history and that of Jamaica and other colonies are very different. “English people were not oppressed,” came many of the comments.

Hank acknowledged the same while reiterating that he was “not trying to offend anybody.”

As mentioned, this is not the first time Hanks is trying the accent. He jokingly used it on the red carpet at the 2020 Golden Globe in January.

“BIG UP FIMI WHOL FAMILY SOON COM AT DI AWARDS NA SEEN. CHUNE IN,” he said.

He received a heavy serving of backlash for the stunt, ultimately forcing him to address the matter on social media, once again defending his use of the Jamaica patios. During a session titled “Chet Chat Vol. VI (Part 2): Cultural Appropriation,” he said,
“If you don’t have a problem with a Black person wearing cowboy hats and cowboys boots and loving country music, then why do you have a problem with white people wearing braids and gold teeth and getting into hip-hop music? It’s this whole idea of theft, of they steal it from us.”

The Jamaican Twitter community usually does a good job at voicing the general tone of how persons feel about a topic, and by the looks of things, Jamaicans are not pressed about the matter and actually welcome the act. The same outstretched hand was given to Adele when she posted an image of herself sporting Bantu knots while wearing a top fashioned off the Jamaican National Flag.

The culture of Jamaica has proven to be a rich and vibrant one, which many people try to emulate. Should all non-Jamaicans, whether black, white, or yellow, refrain from speaking patios or embrace any aspect of the culture? Share your thoughts below as you check out the discussion on Twitter.

Amelia ‘Milk’ Sewell Says ZJ Liquid Leaked Tape Ruined Her Life, Vybz Kartel Rescued Her

Amelia ‘Milk’ Sewell is spilling her guts about the incident that has changed her life.

Sewell, who is a former TV host for a popular TV show on CVM, was reportedly fired after a leaked video surfaced of her giving oral sex to ZJ Liquid, a wellknown radio DJ. Howver, while the video showed two parties, only Amelia ‘Milk’ Sewell seemed to have suffered consequences as according to her, it was the event that led to her life unravelling, being unemployable and eventually homeless for a short while.

While sitting down on the #Bwoyatingz show, she said the video that was released came from the phone that was lost by Liquid in 2004 but it was only 2008 that the video surfaced. She said she and Liquid was together for 5 years as a common law couple. “The person sat there with that memory card for four years until my star was just about to rise and I was just about to get my own office with my name on it at CVM you know. And then here came this tape, June 8, 2008.”

This led to a series of events that Sewell couldn’t control. “Mi life went into shambles. I was actually homeless for a little while. When I lost my job at CVM, the place where I was living, the landlord said well ‘if CVM can say they lost confidence in you as a producer, how am I gonna get my rent a month time’.”

She said she couldn’t find a place to live and had to send her son to live with her grandmother and she had to sleep in her car under the shade of almond trees in the complex. “My car had a plug so I would plug in my fan and just with the window open. I was like that for like three months. And my neighbor Sharon and her daughter Stacy fresh, I’ll go in her house and have breakfast and take a bath and at nights I would sleep in the car. I was literally homeless.”

According to Milk, she was shunned by people after the video surfaced. “I lost a lot of friends. A lot of people didn’t want to be associated with the queen of the freaks.”

Later Milk said, an uncle who worked with Facey Commodity rescued her from her homeless situation, as he allowed her to live there for nine (9) years while her son attended school until he left for college.

What happened after was informal employment. Sewell says she resorted to selling weed to get by. It took her five (5) years before she could have gotten formal employment. “I sold the highest grade weed in Kingston. I was first delivery person to Elephant Man, Junior Gong Studios.”

Meanwhile, Milk said at the time the tape was leaked she and Liquid were already broken up. She said she resented him and thought he was mashing up her life. Also she said she was disappointed that in all of what had happened and she being the one to have suffered the most, Liquid seemed to have gotten the opportunity to tell his side of the story.

“Between the tape dropping and 2020, he has been on On Stage like five times. I have never been on my own ex-boss’ show for him to put me into perspective. Now you see if Winford had not been afraid, of the corporate and had brought me on On Stage and put me into perspective, my whole financial life would have been so much different. His show is a show that puts people into perspective. Everybody was treating it as [if] I was out selling it at a Half Way Tree bus stop on a DVD. No, I was the victim of it and nobody was looking at it this way.”
On the other hand, Milk says her ex didn’t lose his job while she suffered the humiliation and social stigma.
It was Kartel, she says, who rescued her. “Kartel says you affi guh come work for mi Milky.” The song Kartel released “Freaky Gal” was inspired by the tape release. Milk had gone on to be a producer for Kartel’s reality TV show Teacha’s pet and has proclaimed that she is the artiste’s best friend.
Shaggy also reached out and booked her to be in his Bad man don’t cry´ video and Robert Livingston, his manager along with Shaggy continue to be her mentors and friends.
Meanwhile, Sewell says she might have put up a fight with CVM if she was as strong as she is today when CVM fired her.
“They forced me out. I wish I knew then what I know now because I would have done something more I wouldn’t have just let them write me a letter say they lose confidence in me as a producer which is a stupid reasoning for firing me.”

yea pretty much a wrap for majah - even if he ends up proving half of what she said is a lie

saw the headline for what sean paul said but didnt waste time finding out where he was coming from - bounty set it straight as usual

Vybz Kartel To Release Second Book In January 2021

Eight years after his first book The Voice Of The Jamaican Ghetto: Incarcerated But Not Silenced was published, incarcerated Dancehall deejay Vybz Kartel, is on the cusp of releasing another publication.

The announcement of the un-named book also comes seven years after Kartel, whose marketability has been compared to that of Lady Gaga, Madonna and Jay Z, disclosed to The Gleaner in a 2013 letter, that he was also in the process of writing a follow-up book.

According to a Jamaica Observer article, the release date for what is described as a ‘book and multimedia product’ is slated for sometime in January.

Co-author of The Voice of the Jamaican Ghetto, Michael Dawson, told the newspaper that a family member of the star is the mastermind behind the upcoming production, which, unlike Kartel’s first book which was centered on the superstar’s philosophy, will focus on ‘Adidja Palmer the person’, before and after he assumed the Vybz Kartel identity.

Dawson told the Jamaica Observer that there are many rumors and prejudicial views about Kartel and come January, the truth will be told and the air cleared.

In August 2013, Kartel’s first book, The Voice Of The Jamaican Ghetto: Incarcerated But Not Silenced, was adopted into the libraries of the prestigious Princeton University in the United States, almost a year after the book’s merchandising manager Aisha Stewart, said some Jamaican stores were rejecting the book.

At the time, Stewart told The Gleaner newspaper that “of all the places globally” to which the book was distributed, Jamaican merchants were the hardest to market it to, even though their counterparts in countries like Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Bulgaria, Chile and Amsterdam were showing much interest.

Prior to Princeton’s endorsement, University of the West Indies (UWI) academic, Professor Carolyn Cooper, had also pleaded for the book to be added to Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) readings.

At the time, Cooper said the book “gave a clear insight into the deadly conditions endured by youths who are barely surviving on the fringes of Jamaican society”. However, she was roughed-up by critics who wanted the examinations body to have nothing to with Kartel’s published works.

Following the endorsement from Princeton, Dawson, said it was an honour to receive support from such a prestigious institution and noted that “uptown stores and religious book stores” had initially refused to carry the book out of ignorance, but there had been significant improvements.

He however pointed out that all major book stores, namely Sangster’s, Kingston Book Shop, LMH, Bookophilia and others, had been carrying the book all along. Dawson also revealed that he and Kartel had received several invitations to international universities to deliver lectures.

He also said he was still disappointed with the less-than-desirable reception given to the book by Jamaicans who were in fact, the intended audience, adding that despite its international validation given by Princeton, the victory was only bitter-sweet.

He also said the achievement could not be celebrated properly with Kartel still behind prison bars, as the effort was a collaborative one.

yea pretty much a wrap for majah - even if he ends up proving half of what she said is a lie

saw the headline for what sean paul said but didnt waste time finding out where he was coming from - bounty set it straight as usual

sean paul a pussy knows he dont got no lyrics to battle anyone

Vybz Kartel Teases New EP “Dancehall Royalty” With Sons Likke Addi & Likkle Vybz

Vybz Kartel is teasing a new EP amidst his Grammy snub.

This summer, Gaza fans campaigned with Vybz Kartel for the launch of his “Grammy album” Of Dons and Divas. While the feature-filled project had a Top 10 debut on the Billboard Reggae Album chart and topped local Apple Music and iTunes charts, the project did not get the recognition fans and the deejay alike were hoping for from the academy.

For dancehall fans, this wouldn’t be the first time Kartel was snubbed, in their opinion, but he always kept it moving. Vybz Kartel has already released two projects this year, including January’s To Tanesha which is a tribute to his longtime partner and family matriarch Shorty. Despite his work still not getting the acknowledgment he aspired for, Teacha is once again just keeping it pushing with a newly announced EP.

The incarcerated deejay has maintained an unprecedented reign over the dancehall industry that is unparalleled by all accounts. Now to further solidify his prolific year, Kartel is gearing up to release Dancehall Royalty. The dancehall mogul revealed the cover art for the EP on Instagram along with the guest appearances, and it is clearly a family affair.

By the album cover alone, you can tell that the Worl’Boss is unapologetically saying his family is the first family of dancehall and, therefore, “dancehall royalty.” The cover features a photo of Kartel and his boys dressed in embellished uniforms garnished with medals, chains, and emblems, while Shorty, who is clad in a white dress, gives a classy smile fit for a First Lady.

The dancehall giant did not share too many details on the upcoming EP except that it will feature his sons, Likkle Addi and Likkle Vybz, his cousin, Sikka Rhymes, and Renee Six-Thirty. An Instagram page was created for the Shortboss Muzik production, which revealed that “the much-anticipated album series” is expected to arrive on January 8. That means by then, Vybz Kartel will have released three albums in a calendar year.

Bob Marley’s “Legend” Is The Top-Selling Reggae Album Of 2020

Bob Marley comes out on top with the top-selling reggae album of 2020.

There’s just no stopping the reach of Marley’s music. Bob Marley died in 1981, but his music continues to touch fans around the world. That has been clearly shown as Legend: The Best of Bob Marley and The Wailers” has been crowned the top-selling reggae album for 2020. That’s according to Billboard magazine’s annual year-end charts.

The end of year chart was released yesterday, December 3, and Legend, which has spent an astounding 47 weeks at number one on the weekly reggae chart, was the best selling for this year. The format of the chart was revised in January.

Legend also impressed on other charts like the Catalog Albums Chart where it came in at number three, on the Vinyl Albums Chart it placed number six, while on the Top R&B Albums Chart it was number eight and it came in at number 36 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart.

Legend has been a fan favorite for many years, since its first release by Island records in 1984. The album included some of his more popular hits like No Woman No Cry, Is This Love, and Could You Be Loved. Since 1984, it has been re-mastered in several different formats and has sold over 33 million units.

Both Popcaan and Koffee made the Billboard’s Top 10 Reggae Albums list as well.

Here are the top 10 selling reggae albums according to Billboard:

1. “Legend: The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers” – Bob Marley And The Wailers
2. “Best Of Shaggy: The Boombastic Collection” – Shaggy
3. “World On Fire” – Stick Figure
4. “Set In Stone” – Stick Figure
5. “Greatest Hits” – UB40
6 “Dutty Classics Collection” – Sean Paul
7. “Gold” – Bob Marley And The Wailers
8. “Fixtape” – Popcaan
9. “Dutty Rock” -Sean Paul
10. “Rapture (EP)” – Koffee

Tommy Lee Sparta Leaked Voice Notes Raises Questions On Possibly Murder Plot

Tommy Lee Sparta is under the microscope again following gun charges and now a leaked voice note.

The Montego Bay deejay was formally charged on Tuesday for illegal gun and ammunition and is now facing years in prison. A suspicious voice note has been circulating, which suggests that dancehall artiste, Tommy Lee Sparta was looking to get into some violent acts. Though it can’t be confirmed if the voice note is actually Sparta, one YouTube channel, Terror Don, played the clips.

In the note, a man’s voice is heard saying, “Gonna get rid of him once and for all.” However, according to the YouTuber, the voice is not Tommy Lee’s own but a police officer who is trying to frame him. In another voice note, which is less audible, the person talks about getting a “new strap.” There is no way to verify that the recordings belong to him, but dancehall fans mostly think that they are fake. One thing is clear, cops have been trying to nail Sparta for years with numerous arrests, but were unable to find a charge that sticks.

Tommy Lee Sparta was arrested yesterday and is expected to appear in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court in Half-Way-Tree on January 6, 2021, which means he will spend Christmas behind bars. He was charged with illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition. He remains in police custody.

One of Sparta’s attorneys, Donahue Martin, updated the Observer on the case. “It’s a matter for court. When a matter goes to court, we’ll have the privilege of getting disclosure and when we get disclosure, we’ll have a position one way or the other in relation to the matter. So, it would not be prudent to make any comment on the general allegations right now because I haven’t had the benefit of formal disclosure as yet,” Martin said.

It’s been a rough year for him as he was also arrested in early July after he was named as a person of interest by police in St. James. During that time in jail, he was taken to the Corporate Area, where searches were conducted at several apartments. He was released in August after he spent a little over a month in jail.

Agent Sasco Teams With Digicel Foundation To provide studio at Juvenile Remand Centre

It’s the season for giving, and many dancehall deejays are doing their part. Agent Sasco has joined his counterparts and teamed up with the Digicel Foundation and his Banks of the Hope Foundation to provide musical equipment to the Metcalfe Street Secure Juvenile Remand Centre in Kingston. The equipment will go towards the completion of a music studio that is under construction at the facility.

Agent Sasco is also partnering with dub poet Miguel ‘Steppa’ Williams on the same project. Williams is the Community Development Manager at the Digicel Foundation. Sasco has also said that he will be helping with the building of the music studio for the wards.

In 2019 Sasco received Jamaica’s Department of Correctional Services Diamond Award for his role in mentoring children at the same facility. At that time, the Department of Correctional Services said that he made an invaluable contribution to mentoring young boys at the facility. He’s continued to be a part of the rehabilitation process for the young men and also gives motivational talks to them. He first got involved through the We Transform Jamaica initiative, which he has been a part of since 2017.

Agent Sasco also provided financial assistance towards the education of some wards and also donated electronic game gadgets. Through his foundation, Sasco has been busy in 2020 trying to bring relief where possible. He’s also made it known that he doesn’t believe that poverty and crime go together.

Earlier this month, at a meeting with the Jamaican Police Commissioner Major General Antony Anderson, called ‘CommTalk,’ he said, “there is a tendency to marry violence and poverty, that’s not true.” He continues to do what is necessary to champion the issues of those facing poverty in Jamaica.

Munga Honourable Releases Sophomore album “Shine Your Light

Munga Honorable drops his sophomore album, Shine Your Light.

Munga Honorable has a huge catalogue of quality work but only dropped his second album last Friday, December 4. He gave fans a taste of what the album called Shine Your Light would sound like at a ‘Sip and Stream’ event which was posted on YouTube. He also took some time to share how he went about creating the album. The album is a 12 track EP and was released via Hilltop Records, and is being distributed by 21st Hapilos.

He explained why he chose that title for the album. “I found out that perseverance is a big element in anyone’s life. The amount of times it could be said that I fell but me rise more time than that. If I wasn’t persistent, if I didn’t have faith in ah meself, and felt that there was a light in me I couldn’t shine it, so once I found that light that was in me, it was necessary to shine,” he said. This album is especially for his fans to be uplifted through his music, he said.

Munga went on to say that he started working on the album this year and recorded the first song in January but added that some of the songs were written last year. He added that “Shine Your Light” the title song of the album was his favourite because he felt that it gives hope and inspiration to all those who may need upliftment around the world.

Munga Honorable also shared that he got involved in music through his uncle who was an engineer, deejay and selector. He said watching him work combined with his own love for reading and writing fuelled a career in dancehall. He added that passion has lasted throughout his 15-year career so far.

See tracklist for Shine Your Light below.

1.”Intro”
2. “You alone”
3. “Shine Your Light”
4. “Good Morning Money
5. “Counting”
6. “Expensive”
7. “Mind Pon Di Millions”
8. “Hennessy”
9. “Link Up”
10. “In My Room”
11. “Electrifying”
12. “Clueless joe”
13. “My vibes”

Vybz Kartel’s Mural Pops Up In Cyberpunk 2077 After Trashing Men Playing Video Games

Vybz-Kartel-mural-Cyberpunk-2077.jpg.webp

Vybz Kartel is legendary in his own right, but while many marvels at his musical genius, few recognize what a masterstroke business man he is in the music industry and how influential he is to many fields in art and culture. From strategic collaborations to cross over language or genres, the Fever artiste cannot be stopped, even behind bars.

Now, he has snagged another accomplishment, having been featured in a mural in one of the hottest games releasing this year. An iconic photograph of Vybz Kartel aka Di Teacha has been made into a mural and is featured in the 2020 release of Cyberpunk 2077, one of the most anticipated video games for this year. It’s unclear if he has licensed his image and has received payments for it or whether the game programmers are paying homage to their favorite artiste by using the image.

The Cyber Punk new series is action-packed and set in a dystopian future- the year 2077. It also features celebrity action figure, Keanu Reeves. In the mural of CyberPunk – the image is doctored to show the artist without a shirt with hollowed out eyes and blood streaming from them. Fans shared the excitement as the game trended on Twitter, with many marveling at the currency of the image and it cementing the legacy of Kartel.

The mural was taken from the now iconic image of Vybz Kartel, which features him standing against a wall with his arms crossed in an x in front of his chest. The plain background gives a sort of HD effect to the artiste’s numerous arms and forceps tattoos, but also the tattoos on his face and neck are complimented by his evenly bleached skin tone and carefully styled mini braids. The photo was shot by Ports Bishop for a New York Times feature, which also ironically focused on Kartel’s growing worldwide influence and the U.S government denying him a visa.

Kartel has been a highly influential style and fashion figure, but even his unsavory decisions like skin bleaching spread like wildfire after the artiste started bleaching but also making music that praised the act of skin bleaching and causing millions of people worldwide to become aware of the trend, with many publicly supporting Kartel and following in his footsteps.

In the Times article, the writer also noted Kartel’s global influence and asked how he maintained his presence without leaving the island, something that the artiste has managed to continue in spite of being in prison and serving a life sentence for murder. This year, he received his Gold Plaque from the RIAA for Fever which was released in 2016.

The game is now wildly popular, especially with the release of the new PS5 gaming system. This isn’t Kartel’s first rodeo though as his song We never Fear them was featured on Grand Theft Auto V, Pon De Floor DJ Hero 2 and Picture dis in Saints Row 2.

Vybz Kartel himself doesn’t seem to be a huge fan of video games as he has often used it to insult his rivals “couldn’t believe grown man a kill up demself ova game ‘fore dem go build some wealth. F***n waste man dem.” He also joked that he didn’t know what a PS5 was, thinking it was a car!

Meanwhile, the current Cyberpunk 2077 game is available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Stadia, and Xbox One. PS5 users and the new Xbox Series x|s have to wait until 2021.

Dancehall Artist Shenseea Wants 4 Kids And Prefers To Date Ugly Men

Shenseea wants a ugly man with a nice personality.

Shenseea says she wants to have more children as she has always fancied having a large family. “I always said I wanted four, so that means three more. I like the process of getting pregnant, I like to be pregnant, I love everything about it.” Speaking with Franki Rob from 107 FM in Chicago, the sultry singer said though, that based on how the world is right now, she would settle for one more baby.

“Based on the world is going right now, you know values and peer pressure and everything from social media, I find myself cutting down but I am going to have a next child.”

When asked if she was seeing anyone, the Lighter singer said she wasn’t interested in in anyone.

“Listen and nobody can say otherwise, I am not even flirting! Honestly, like listen I said I’m gloing to do everything I wanted to do and having a boyfriend is not one of them.” She added that her getting into a relationship won’t be a conscious way to get with her “because mi nuh even go out.”

On the other hand, Shenseea did say what she’s looking for in a man. “The first thing, you have to be honest. Mi can’t deal with the lies. Mi know say people will claim say they make a mistake by cheating but you see, once you lie then that’s it…we have to learn how to be honest. Once you have trust then everything falls on it. That is the top tier for me.” Sounds like a lot of men are going to find it difficult to meet that threshold!

She also said she didn’t care about looks or what they have. “If you talk to my friend them they will tell you a pay ugly man mi talk to. I don’t care about looks, it’s your personality I go for….can’t deal with no boujie thing, man fi manly, mi mustn’t give him a manual, him must come with it. Once you make me goofy too and make me laugh I’m always gonna smile.”

In case you are thinking about approaching Shenseea, she also likes men who are adventurous. The artiste disclosed that the naughtiest place she has had sex is in a tree. “You see adventurous sex that’s me, the adrenaline and everything running that’s me. I love risk, I love the risk.”

Though it doesn’t seem like the artiste has men on top of her agenda as she says she isn’t feeling them right now. The artiste is all about realness as she reveals that that could be because she has spent too much time pleasing herself. She says she currently has three toys “I feel I am so focused on my career that when it comes to men it nuh deh deh, I guess I just pleased myself too much…listen it’s my favourite till mi buy three because one mash up up go for the next one and the next one. That’s my man that. I had to stack up… when I went to Amsterdam in the Red Light district I had to stack up.”

She also says she cannot deal with the likkle buddy “that ain’t it.” This one certainly doesn’t need an explanation.

Meanwhile, Shenseea says she wants to collaborate with Jamaican dancehall star Dexta Daps who she says is on top of her list of people she wants to create music with. She also named Rihanna, who she says she’d like to make music with. For her relatively short career, Shenseea has partnered with many big names such as Tyga, Vybz Kartel, Masego, Konshens, Tarrus Riley, and more. However, she’s still managed to create a distinct sound and following, which has given way to many brand endorsements and deals.

The artiste also spoke about her bag. She said while she has more money now, she was more into spending it on investing and doing things that matter long term.

She also spoke about her journey with motherhood, saying that at the start of her career, things were rough with bringing her young child to the studio and to gigs. However, she says she is grateful that her son is growing up, which makes things easier that she can call him when she travels, and they can have a conversation as he is growing up.

She added that now that things have slowed down with the pandemic, she is grateful for the family moments she has with her sons.

“All the times I’ve missed with Rajeiro I’m getting it back right now. I’m cooking more and just being a mom you know…I’m making use of it and having fun.”

Back