Welcome To aBlackWeb

Strictly Dancehall/Reggae News

Kes The Band is gearing up for a major lawsuit against iPhone makers Apple and singer Remi Wolf.

The song used for one of Apple’s iPhone 12 commercials has piqued the interest of Kes the Band as it sounds very similar to their hit 2018 release ‘Hello.’ The band’s new management team, Evan Vogel and Damon DeGraff, are now considering taking legal action against the singer, Remi Wolf’s ‘Hello, Hello, Hello.’ KTB’s version of the track was done on the Folklore Riddim produced by Advokit Productions.

The chorus of the song bears a striking resemblance to the Trinidad and Tobago group’s original rendition. In a statement from KTB’s management team, which was obtained by Loop News TT, they said that they were willing to take necessary legal actions to secure the band’s interests. They also stated that the process has already begun.

According to the statement: “‘Hello Hello Hello’ sounded familiar — so much so that Kes’ fans started writing in and congratulating us. However, it turns out that our dream of working with Apple has perhaps come in the form of musical theft and cultural appropriation. We are working to take the proper course of action.”

Remi Wolf’s version, “Hello, Hello, Hello,” appears on her second album ‘I’m Allergic To Dogs.’ KTB’s Hello was a mega-hit for them and did extremely well in the Caribbean and helped put their music across to more fans. To date, the song has over 34 million views on YouTube.

KTB was formed in 2005 and is well known throughout the Caribbean for their blend of soulful vocals, along with calypso inspired melodies, rock riffs, island beats, with some elements of reggae. The band is made up of the founding members, brothers Kees Dieffenthaller who is the lead singer, Hans Dieffenthaller, and Jon Dieffenthaller, along with Riad Boochoon.

You can listen to both tracks below.

Spice is exposing a gang of women responsible for the brutal beatdown of a teenager.

Amid a gruesome attack on a 17-year-old young woman in Jamaica by six other women, Spice is admonishing those responsible on social media and simultaneously raising awareness about the incident while demanding justice. The teenager, Kaylan Dowdie who was beaten to a pulp is reportedly suffering in critical condition at the University of the West Indies Hospital where doctors say she only has a 1% fighting chance.

The story surrounding the incident went viral when it was discovered that Kaylan, 17 was ambushed by six women at a party who were reportedly displeased by the way she looked at one of them. The petty motive led them to gang up on Kaylan in a brutal attack that sent her rushing to the hospital. Prayers and get well messages are currently circulating on social media with #PrayerForKaylan and #JusticeForKaylan hashtags.

Spice joined the support party when she posted a slide of pictures to Instagram that included an image of all six assailants and a photo of Kaylan in a hospital bed strung up to machines. “Wow I’m lost for much words,” Spice wrote. “How can you gang and beat someone next to death just because they look at you, ‘You don’t like the way she looked at you’ really. PULL THROUGH KAYLAN BEAT THE DEVIL.”

She continued, “The doctor says she has 1% chance to live but God can turn this into [100] to live easily. My prayers [are] with you KAYLAN I’m saddened and extremely disappointed in these 6 girls JAH JAH #JusticeforKaylan.” Other female dancehall artistes have expressed sympathies including Cecile who called the women’s actions “a terrible part of who we are” and Shenseea who shared a video of Kaylan singing her song “Lighter” with the words, “Get well soon my Shenyeng, we are all praying for you to pull through.”

As the investigation continues, two of the attackers have reportedly turned themselves in while the others remain at large. Meanwhile, a GoFundMe account has been established for the sole purpose of supporting Kaylan’s journey back to health. Our prayers are with the family of the 17-year-old as we wish her a full recovery.

Dancehall Artiste Delomar Demands Apology From Renigad Over Statement On RDX Split

Don’t expect anymore new music from RDX duo Delomar and Renigad following their bitter split.

Many well-known musicians over the years have gotten entangled in public spats with each other. In an interview carried by The Fix on Monday, November 16, 2020, dancehall recording artiste Delomar has dismissed comments he described as erroneous made by his former RDX groupmate Renigad about the duo’s sudden split.

Oblivious to the existence of an ongoing beef, Delomar, born Andre Bedward, said he was unaware that the pair had ‘issues.’

“First and foremost, I never know that me and him had something going on. In terms of me and him having a beef until this programme…. I didn’t know me and him have any issues,” Delomar said in an interview with The Fix.

In a previous episode on The Fix with Renigad born Carlton Williams, it is alleged that the artiste painted Delomar as a weak an inferior musician, alluding to his religious background.

“When he came on this programme, I actually took up my phone and seh yow mi wah see this cause he keeps on saying keep he’s the baddest thing and this and that. So, I thought he was going to attack some artiste out there. When mi go look pan the headline now and take up my phone only to hear him saying some things about me,” he said.

“You call me church yute. I didn’t like that because I have been going to church since I was ten years old. Nuff people go church in their youth, so why are you going to bring that up from how long?….. Nothing is wrong with going to church, but at the end of the day, he is making it seem as if me soft and him tough and that I won’t sing certain songs and he’s that kind of person and I’m that kind of person,” he added.

While Delomar has stated that there is no bad blood between the two, as their friendship extends beyond two decades, he said the decision to depart was not his call.
“…There are certain things you don’t need to say because we are friends. We have almost twenty plus years of friendship. If we are going solo, we can. I didn’t even want to do any solo thing eno, it was his idea and he don’t want to talk about this,” he shared.

Subsequent to the interview, Delomar said he personally contacted Renigad to withdraw his statements and publicly apologize for the gross comments he made against his character.

“I told him, he needs to apologize to me for disrespecting me on this programme and he feels as if his ego is too big,” the artiste said.

Romeich Addresses Backlash Over Shenseea’s Miami Event Dubbed COVID ‘Superspreader’

Shenseea’s manager Romeich is pushing back at critics for calling her recent Florida party performances ‘superspreader’ of the Covid-19 virus that has left more than 235,000 people dead and millions infect.

The “Blessed” artiste can be seen over the weekend, promoting various parties that she is performing at. Many videos of jam packed crowds and even a fan hugging the artiste were shared on her Instagram stories over the weekend.

The event Breeze hit the local news as reporters from ABC 10 News reported on the party as an example of why the state is experiencing high rates of covid, including deaths. The news report says the county that Shenseea visited, Miami Dade, had 7th highest rate of Covid spikes in that state.

But Romeich, in a Zip FM interview, says enforcing protocols is not his or his artiste’s responsibility.

“We’re artiste, we are management that we get booked, someone booked us for just for a show and we asked if it is ok if the show be kept in their area and they approve it,” Romeich said. “I don’t see we are doing anything illegal. First of all, the promoter got his permits as well as police officers were at this venue working. It is not our duty to let persons of a event follow protocol whether dem do a social distancing or wear their mask. That is the duty of the promoter.”

He added that his team adjusted their ways of operating since the pandemic started. “My duty is to promote my talent and let her perform for her fans and leave in a safe manner,” he continues. “Shenseea came almost at the close of the event. She performed, and walk straight into the venue, went straight to the stage, showtime started, another artiste performed, called her up and after she performed she left.”

He said the artiste has also stopped doing meet and greets as she normally did. “We normally come and do meet and greet and so but we stop,” Romeich added. “On her story, Shenseea can be seen performing, and she also shared snaps of the many gifts she received. Only one story that she reposted of fan hugging her showed her interacting closely with people.

Meanwhile, Romeich says the artiste have been booked for many other events in Atlanta, the Tri-State area.

He said that they were let into the United States with full disclosures to the authorities that they were in the country to perform and received no objections on that note. He added that he respects and abides by the laws, especially those in Jamaica, where parties remain banned.

STING IS BACK - ONLINE EDITION 2020 WITH BEENIE MAN, BOUNTY KILLER, KOFFEE & CARDI B

Sting, the so called Greatest One Night Reggae Show on Earth, is back! After a four year hiatus, Sting will take on Boxing Day December 26, 2020.

The last staging of Sting was in December 2015 [REPORT HERE]. The 2016 edition was cancelled [IN THE NEWS] and since then there have only been rumors of a new edition of Sting.
The return was in the making since earlier this year. Sting founder Isaiah Lang (head of Supreme Promotions) told the Jamaica Star back in January [WATCH THE INTERVIEW], that it will be back in 2020.

But because of the current pandemic, the return obviously will be different than planned. Sting 2020 will be held as an online pay-pay-view event. Today the poster was posted on social media. It’s not clear if that was a leak, but the lineup on the poster looks promising. According to Isaiah Laing he had plans to book Buju Banton, but he is missing on the poster. Laing told the Jamaica Gleaner in August: "I have approached Buju so far and I am confident he will be coming back to us. Things aren't finalised yet but we are in discussions". See the full lineup below:

LINE-UP
Beenie Man versus Bounty Killer
Shatta Wale
(Ghana) versus Stonebwoy (Ghana)
Squash, Intence, Dexta Daps, Daddy 1, Chronic Law, Tarrus Riley, Stylo G, Govana, Burna Boy (Nigeria), DMX, Meeks Manny (GB), Kevin Downswell, Jermaine Edwards, I.Q., QQ,Nego Do Borel (Brazil), DJ Zullu (Brazil), Luan Santana (Brazil), Jah Izrehl, Taze

WOMAN POWER
Cardi B, Spice, Koffee, Shenseea, Stefflon Don, Tiwa Savage, Jada Kingdom, Ludmilla (Brazil), Anitta (Brazil), Lucy Alves (Brazil), Xhaania, Shashae

3 THE HARD WAY
Little John, Pinchers & Josey Wales

Details about the price for the Pay-Per-View stream have not been published yet.

FUN FACT: The poster tells the fans to visit STINGONLINE.com to register for the stream, but that website is not online yet. In fact, it's for sale: available for $2,288!

STING 2020 IN THE PRESS:
COVID won’t stop Sting - Laing says virtual edition of event set for Boxing Day [Jamaica Gleaner - August 14, 2020]
Sting to make big return in 2020 - But founder Isaiah Laing plans to take back seat [Jamaica Star - January 17, 2020]

Beenie Man Reveals His Son Is Hospitalized, Ask Fans For Prayers

Prayers up for Beenie Man son who is currently hospitalized.

King of the Dancehall, Beenie Man‘s family has suffered another blow as the artiste’s son, who suffers from sickle cell disease, has been hospitalized. The artiste posted a note to fans asking for prayers for his son Moses Davis Jr. “If I should really sum up 2020 mi really wouldn’t have the words, Iyah. Right now my son @1876prince is in the hospital. He suffers from the sickle cell disease.”

Beenie Man says he carries the sickle cell trait and has the disease and hoped for more research into the disease. “As a black man who suffers from the disease as well, I waan encourage the I dem fi gain some knowledge on nit.” He added that as a father he wished it he who was in the hospital.

In stories from his son’s profile, many wished him well, which he reposted and promised, “I’ll be out soon.”

The Davis family has been grieving the death of Beenie Man’s mother, Lilieth Sewell, who was buried less than two weeks ago. The loss has deeply affected the dancehall icon who fainted during the funeral proceedings. In recent days, Beenie Man appears to be doing much better and even performed live at the recently held BET Hip Hop Awards with the like of Bounty Killer and Koffee.

Popcaan Announces Virtual Concert “Popcaan & Friends: Fixtape Live”

Popcaan will be performing virtually next week.

There’s been no shortage of virtual entertainment since the COVID-19 lockdown measures were implemented around the world. However, these shows have mostly followed the Vezuz format but soon Popcaan will look to up the ante when he throws his hat in the ring. The Unruly Boss has announced that he will be hosting a virtual concert next week. The highly anticipated concert will be hosted on the Boiler Room website and will be called Popcaan & Friends: Fixtape Live. It’s carded for November 29 and will start at 5 pm.

He’s expected to be joined by several guest artists though their names haven’t been released as yet. The information was made available on the website boilerroom tv. The ticket for the event will cost US$12.50 and will be just a one-night event. Popcaan will be one of the few to make money off a virtual concert.

According to the website: “Boiler Room presents the first-ever full live show for Popcaan’s new project FIXTAPE, direct from a historic fort in Jamaica. New music played for the first time, a run of all-time career classics & an entourage of special guests— live for one night only.”

Popcaan made the announcement via Instagram, saying, “Go Get Your Tickets Now Link In My Bio Unruly Etc Etc Etc.” His concert may be well attended as the post has already been liked over 12, 000 times, and fans eagerly showed their support. Both Lila Ike and Proteje showed their support.

Here’s what some other fans had to say. “Hottest dancehall artiste in the world right now don’t @ me !!! @popcaanmusic unruly yu a lead by far and mi mean real far !bless up every time…”

More than likely Popcaan’s Unruly Fest in St Thomas will be canceled this year because of coronavirus protocols so fans are happy to know that they’ll still be able to catch the “Firm and Strong” singer live.

Wayne Marshall & Tami Chin Reveals They Use Sex Codes Due To Pandemic

Tami Chin says the pandemic has affected their family life to the point that she has resorted to speaking in codes with her husband when they want to have sex. In a fun and lighthearted interview with Spice on her weekly Spice It Up talk show, the couple says their code word for sex is “you have a zoom call.”

The Mitchell couple was speaking to Spice about how they were managing as a couple and a family during the coronavirus pandemic, which has seen measures to mitigate spread force the government to institute a curfew and close schools.

As a result, children now have to be homeschooled. This means that the Mitchells have two small children and a one-year-old baby to take care of while homeschooling them as well as maintaining their separate careers, leaving very little time to spend together.

“It has been a very challenging time. It’s something that’s new to all of us. I’ve given up this idea of balancing everything. I’m literally just trying to do as much as I can, as best as I can. Not many things gets done all the time.”

By getting done, it seems that Wayne Marshall means that he doesn’t “get done’, as he loudly clears his throat –to much laughter from Spice and Tami Chin.

“Some things have suffered this pandemic,” Tami emphasizes as she laughs, “It’s impossible to do everything.”

Meanwhile, the Mitchells, like every other Jamaican parent, have had to home school their children. It is not the easiest of tasks, says Wayne, who has taken on the job full time since the pandemic started but now has hired a tutor to assist the children every day.

“It rough to be a parent, principal, guidance counselor and dean of discipline, canteen master, everything, Wayne says. “You have to step it up. We have someone coming in to work with the children daily.”

Wayne says the couple has gotten closer as a family, and with their venture – their new Vlog featuring the family – they have been brought closer by the pandemic “it has been rough at times, which is normal. We’re so much more at home and in each other’s face,” Tami says.

However, the couple have managed to be able to deal with each other in a way that doesn’t affect the relationship she says – “We might have an argument but I can go back and easily say ‘yow why ddd’ and then I’ll still ask him ‘Wayne what you want for dinner?”’ and that breaks the ice, she says.

Spice wanted to know how it is being a wife and keeping Wayne sexually pleased during the pandemic? Wayne says “all if we get a weekend off, mi deal with har wicked, hackle up har body,” to laughter from both women.

But Tami says many make marriage appear to be all about sex. However, that’s not what the relationship is built on, nor can survive on, especially when you are raising so many kids.

Tami Chin says, “you have a zoom call” is the code word for the couple spending private time together when they want intimacy away from the children. Although them having the children at now affects their couple time, she says it is all a balancing act and creating new ways to get their personal time in.

Spice To Sit Down With Former Foe Lisa Hyper In New Season Of “Spice It Up!”

Spice It Up! is back for another season and promises to be bigger and better. That’s according to the Queen of Dancehall, Spice, who made the disclosure on her YouTube channel. By the looks of it, she intends to cover some raunchy topics.

What’s interesting, though, is that it seems that Lisa Hyper will make an appearance in this season. This suggests that the two have really mended their bitter past. In July, Spice accepted Lisa Hyper’s apology, which was posted on Instagram, which effectively ended their 12-year feud.

Things were pretty heated between the two deejays, and in 2009, Hyper put out a diss track called “The Truth and Draw Me Out.” Following the apology, Spice also unblocked Hyper from her Instagram account. At that time, Spice said, “Apology accepted. And I’d like to apologize to you too because, at the end of the day, the disrespect wasn’t one-sided.”

“I too retaliated towards you in my diss song in a very derogatory manner. I can tag you now because I just unblocked you after 10 years. Wow, den a so mi keep malice long.” Now it seems it’s all water under the bridge. In another part of that post Spice also said she held no malice towards Hyper.

Hyper’s heartfelt apology read, “Spice I’m sorry for the way I allowed the traditions of war in our music made me feel and treated you. You have done wonderful things for this business, females in the business and Jamaica. I want to let you know Im humbled and I appreciate you. I’m not sure how this will play out but from my heart I am sorry and I pray God intervenes where ever evil doers try to create anymore animosity.”

With regards to this season, Spice promised that: “This season is even hotter, popular guests, better discussions and a few surprises…it’s epic to say the least.” On her Youtube page, she added: “The wait is over! ??? Season 2 of #SpiceItUp is finally here ? Get ready fi some spicy convos between Spice and the guests you asked to see!” while making sure to tag her sponsors Magnum.

The new season will kick off today, November 18, and features an interview with one of Jamaica’s most loved couples these days, The Mitchells. Dancehall star Konshens is also expected to make an appearance. The prolific Bounty Killer and Elephant Man are also carded to make an appearance at some time over the season.

Kamal Powell, Magnum’s regional brand marketing manager, also shared about Magnum’s excitement that the show had returned.

“Season 2 has been a long time in the making but definitely worth the wait. Exciting guests, scintillating topics, and Spice’s personal touch make season 2 the best yet viewers are certainly in for a treat,” he said, adding that, “we are proud to partner with our ambassador in this way and elated to have this very influential show on Magnum Hub.tv.

Beenie is having a tougher year than most ppl expected. Hope everything gets better for the legend moving forward.

Popcaan Is The New Face Of Dancehall, Says Bounty Killer

Bounty Killer crowns Popcaan the new face of dancehall genre.

As dancehall strives to solidify its place in world music, Unruly deejay Popcaan has opened doors that have many calling him the face of dancehall today. Popcaan’s music has transcended the island borders of its making and has introduced a plethora of perked ears to its style. With the OVO-signed artiste’s continued success in the dancehall arena and the mastery he demonstrates when he merges the culture with an international genre, he is deliberately parading dancehall music in a mainstream arena with a widely respected authenticity.

Gone are the days that people wondered when if ever Popcaan’s place on the OVO roster would mean something for dancehall music. The Unruly Boss has been killing it this year and only after years more of consistent work and tenacity, which is to say the rewards are well-deserved. Popcaan attained a lot this year through joint work and on his own. When he released his latest EP FIXTAPE earlier this year, Popcaan etched his name into the international dancehall book of fame in a way fans had been waiting eagerly for him to endeavor.

The project debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Reggae Albums chart and No. 94 on the Billboard 200, making him one of the very few artists from Jamaica who have cracked that code. Popcaan also took the No. 1 spot on the iTunes Top Reggae Albums chart with FIXTAPE and the Top Reggae Songs chart for Twist & Turn. The PND-assisted hit, which was one of two Drake collaborations on the album, was the most successful of the project and peaked at No. 19 on Billboard’s close-call Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart and No. 47 on the Canadian Hot 100.

Popcaan was recently honored for his prestigious accomplishment with a pair of Billboard plaques that showcases the achievements in detail. That includes the album debuting at No. 15 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart. Popcaan shared a video of the unboxing on his Instagram while paying homage to Vybz Kartel, OVO, and, of course, Unruly. It was a gratifying moment for the dancehall star, but it did not strip him of his modesty. It’s values like these that separate Popcaan from his counterparts.

While his distinction is irrefutable, he never fails to lionize the man who gave him his start. Quite fittingly, Bounty Killer saw Popcaan’s moment of triumph as an opportune time to tout him once again as the face of dancehall. It’s almost poetic when we think about it as Bounty is to Kartel what Kartel is to Popcaan. “Congratulations work a put in salute yute last year l made a post saying Popcaan was dancehall new face some ppl disagreed,” Bounty wrote on his Instagram resharing Popcaan’s video uncovering his billboard plaques.

This is a huge win for Popcaan, but it is also a testament to his commitment to dancehall music. The Unruly leader earned this accolade in one of his most prolific years yet. With a vast number of collaborations being released this year with the likes of Drake, Maroon 5, Jorga Smith, Wiz Khalifa, Dave East, and more, Popcaan was on top of his game like never before. His vocals were heard far and wide, and so was his name in tandem with dancehall.

If we evaluate the work he has put in, we can begin to understand why the world has started to identify dancehall music with Popcaan. If we look at online discussions and interviews, it is evident that the deejay’s name has become a familiar one in the vernacular for pop culture fanatics. While some often associate him with the “Canadian rapper” label, Popcaan’s patriotism has never dwindled, and he neglects no opportunity to correct the misconception.

Maroon 5’s “Nobody’s Love,” which featured Popcaan, peaked at No. 41 on the Billboard Hot 100, and it goes without saying that the band’s clout guaranteed that millions are enjoying the dancehall star’s vocals on repeat. After all, it was the first song they released all year. Many agree that Popcaan has become the face of dancehall indeed, and he might be on the brink of his biggest hit yet with his newly released jam with rap music “Hot Girl” Megan Thee Stallion. The track titled “Intercourse” is led by Popcaan, who completely makes it his own. This is just the beginning for the Unruly Boss. Get ready to see this new face of dancehall carve out a whole new lane internationally.

Koffee Named Jordan’s Newest Brand Ambassador, Sticks To Her Positive Message

Koffee maintains her positive message and a force for real change as she picks up anther major corporate endorsement deal with Jordan brand.

Dancehall and Reggae lovers around the world are familiar with the young sensation Koffee and her many achievements since she burst on to the scene. In her latest achievement to date, she’s been named an ambassador for the Jordan Unite campaign. This is another feather in the cap of Koffee, whose real name is Mikayla Simpson. The Grammy winner who launched her “Haffi Mek It” school initiative last year has created a virtual tour and uses all proceeds towards children’s education. Education is her passion, and she’s been teaching herself the piano as she works on her highly anticipated album.

She sat down with Britain’s Vogue magazine to talk about being named ambassador for the brand and also how her own ambitions line up with the company. She said that she’s pleased to be associated with them because they have a very positive outlook and message.

She explained that part of her excitement also stemmed from the fact that she wore the brand growing up and feels that she can inspire many more by wearing it now, including her friends. Added to this is the fact that the brand pushes positivity, which can help her to inspire others the way that she would like to. It’s also in line with her own sporty style, she added.

“I generally wear a sports style, a lot of sports clothes like sweatpants, sweatsuits, and sneakers, so Jordan’s already within my style and what I represent,” she said.

Koffee went on to explain why she decided to become involved with Reggae and said that it started since she was a young student. She said that at school, she noticed that a lot of the music her peers absorbed had a lot of lyrics about drugs and other age-inappropriate topics. To counter this, she began to listen to the young Reggae stars of the time like Chronixx and Protoje, and their message resonated with her. She decided to bring her own positive message to Reggae.

She also shared that her love of spreading positivity came from her upbringing, which was very church-oriented. She added that growing up in a Christian environment helped to mold her approach to life. She takes pride in delivering positive messages through her music. These lessons from her youth helped her even when she was rejected by schools for the sixth form.

“I don’t know what would [have] become of me. The positivity that I put in my music has put me on the map, has helped me to put my country even more on the map, has brought me across the world and showed me a lot of different things. So, that’s something that I wish to continue to hold at the forefront of what I represent,” she added.

That positivity continues to lead her decisions, and so even in this year of a pandemic, she’s been able to cope. Her focus remains on trying to help people during this difficult time, and she also said that one small joy was that she could spend more time with family and friends before the world returns to normal and she will have to travel once again.

As has become expected from the “Toast” singer, she is always thankful for the attention as well as her career. “The first and biggest was gratitude. Humility is something I aim for and that’s a part of it. Love is definitely a part of it, and just peace and literal positivity. Not trying to fight people around you. Love your neighbours. Small stuff that seems cliché, but goes a long way,” she added.

These tenets help to keep her grounded in spite of her fame, she continued. She also urged people to find ways to emancipate themselves from mental slavery. That emancipation comes from learning by reading books and exploring your history.

“Confidence begins with self-love and self-belief. I don’t really know how to tell somebody to love themselves, necessarily, but even me, I have to find a way to love myself, to emit love into the world,” she added.

Shenseea Reflects On Humble Beginnings From Farm Life To Star Life

Shenseea is opening up about her journey from living a humble farm life to becoming a dancehall superstar.

Shenseea has come a long way in her music career, but the dancehall star came from humble beginnings. In a new interview with Jamaican personality Yendi Phillipps, Shenseea revealed that she has not only seen the remnants of classism in Jamaica, but she has also lived it. From farm girl to star girl, Jamaica’s sweetheart has achieved the unthinkable against all odds.

Shenseea is a St. Elizabeth native, but she migrated to Kingston just three years after her birth. Growing up, she would go back and forth between the city and her hometown, where she spent time with her grandmother. The famed dancehall superstar recalls that her younger years involved helping her grandma with her family’s farm. They cultivated a number of crops from gungo peas, okra, and pimento to cannabis. The Jamaican it girl remembers how she even used to help feed the pigs – a memory she reminisced about fondly.

It’s been five years since Shenseea has entered motherhood, and the experience has allowed her to empathize with her mother’s sacrifices in a way like never before. She admitted that she grew closer to her mother later in life because she was raised away from her. As a child, Shenseea would only get to see her mom every two weeks on the weekend because work kept her away from the family. She grew up with her aunt, who she says she appreciates because she instilled a lot of valuable principles in her. However, as for her mom, she eventually became accustomed to not having her around.

Shenseea’s mother was a domestic worker in upscale communities, which is something the dancehall artiste said she never fully understood the gravity of until recently. Her mom passed away suddenly earlier this year, and her tragic departure took a monumental toll on the singer. What we didn’t know, which the dancehall star revealed she never spoke about before, is that growing up, she didn’t have much, and her mother would bring her hand-me-downs from the well-off family she worked with.

Unfortunately, Shenseea thinks her time with her mom was cut short because she was finally getting to know her. In her personal experience, Shenseea, who is now a member of that high-class society, has witnessed these domestic workers in her community heading home for the weekend struggling with heavy bags. It was then that she really resonated with what her mother was sacrificing for so many years. In retrospect, she says it made her respect her mother so much more, and the thought of what she went through for her family still breaks her heart to this day.

The “Blessed” singer recently learned that her mother was told she wouldn’t have more kids, so she was basically a medical marvel. She admitted that she’s not entirely sure that she’s handling her mother’s death well. It was the first time in her life that she had suffered such a major loss, and it was the woman who brought her here. “I felt like this was the end of my career. I told my team I don’t know how I’m gonna get up. I’ve never been through this before. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with in my life,” Shenseea recalls saying after her mother’s untimely death.

While she didn’t grow up with a dad, the ShenYeng leader was never incomplete because, according to her, her mom was her “real parry” and best friend. As for how it changed her, the dancehall singer says she found herself showing more appreciation and affection. She gives more hugs now, and she doesn’t take people or time for granted. “Being at peace is one of the most important things to me right now,” she said with conviction. Shenseea says she finds herself praying for her mom’s spirit these days so she, too, can be at peace.

Yeeeeeees I want this.

Spam this shit everyday my brudda I'ma be here readin'. I'm not as up on island culture as I should be
see how people get....living high on the hog in london and forget ya folk.

shame.
sorry but i gotta dos you.

STING IS BACK - ONLINE EDITION 2020 WITH BEENIE MAN, BOUNTY KILLER, KOFFEE & CARDI B

Sting, the so called Greatest One Night Reggae Show on Earth, is back! After a four year hiatus, Sting will take on Boxing Day December 26, 2020.

The last staging of Sting was in December 2015 [REPORT HERE]. The 2016 edition was cancelled [IN THE NEWS] and since then there have only been rumors of a new edition of Sting.
The return was in the making since earlier this year. Sting founder Isaiah Lang (head of Supreme Promotions) told the Jamaica Star back in January [WATCH THE INTERVIEW], that it will be back in 2020.

But because of the current pandemic, the return obviously will be different than planned. Sting 2020 will be held as an online pay-pay-view event. Today the poster was posted on social media. It’s not clear if that was a leak, but the lineup on the poster looks promising. According to Isaiah Laing he had plans to book Buju Banton, but he is missing on the poster. Laing told the Jamaica Gleaner in August: "I have approached Buju so far and I am confident he will be coming back to us. Things aren't finalised yet but we are in discussions". See the full lineup below:

LINE-UP
Beenie Man versus Bounty Killer
Shatta Wale
(Ghana) versus Stonebwoy (Ghana)
Squash, Intence, Dexta Daps, Daddy 1, Chronic Law, Tarrus Riley, Stylo G, Govana, Burna Boy (Nigeria), DMX, Meeks Manny (GB), Kevin Downswell, Jermaine Edwards, I.Q., QQ,Nego Do Borel (Brazil), DJ Zullu (Brazil), Luan Santana (Brazil), Jah Izrehl, Taze

WOMAN POWER
Cardi B, Spice, Koffee, Shenseea, Stefflon Don, Tiwa Savage, Jada Kingdom, Ludmilla (Brazil), Anitta (Brazil), Lucy Alves (Brazil), Xhaania, Shashae

3 THE HARD WAY
Little John, Pinchers & Josey Wales

Details about the price for the Pay-Per-View stream have not been published yet.

FUN FACT: The poster tells the fans to visit STINGONLINE.com to register for the stream, but that website is not online yet. In fact, it's for sale: available for $2,288!

STING 2020 IN THE PRESS:
COVID won’t stop Sting - Laing says virtual edition of event set for Boxing Day [Jamaica Gleaner - August 14, 2020]
Sting to make big return in 2020 - But founder Isaiah Laing plans to take back seat [Jamaica Star - January 17, 2020]
cardi? nah

2288? thats jamaican dollars right?

Beenie is having a tougher year than most ppl expected. Hope everything gets better for the legend moving forward.
right.

i always respected beenie.

especially when he put up the money to find bogles killer.
we need this in hiphop.
we need more people to step up when shit happens

right.

i always respected beenie.

especially when he put up the money to find bogles killer.
we need this in hiphop.
we need more people to step up when shit happens

some say hes behind bogle killing .

Majah Hype Reveals He’s Recovering Following Hospitalization This Week

The King of Caribbean comedy, Majah Hype, looks to be on the mend following his hospitalization in Atlanta earlier this week. The popular comedian, who is known for characters like “Di Ras” and “Mitzy,” used Instagram to show that he was on the up and up.

Alongside several photos of him performing on stage he said, “I’m a star Blessed and highly favored!! Thanks to everyone who reached out and was there for me in a difficult time God work in ways we won’t understand but trust his guidance.”

He still hasn’t shared details about why he was hospitalized in the first case but fans are happy to see him making a speedy recovery.

“Glad your ok brother Amen now please get back to work cuz these jokes ain’t gonna tell themselves salute,” one fan said.

“What was the issue if you don’t mind me asking I’m happy your up and running again,” one of his supporters wrote while another added, “I praise God for sustaining the man that brings so much joy and laughter to others in this crazy world.”

“Amen Bro! You are very welcome!! Thank you for the joy and laughter you share. Continued blessings to you and your family…. and prayers for health & strength!! ??.”

He’s probably in Atlanta promoting his show, which is scheduled for December 11-13. In a previous post on Facebook, he said, “#passionweekend last year we shut down ATL ???? this year we created an entire weekend for the Caribbean culture!!! #majahhypebirthdayweekend 3 events Friday night passion statement with @safaree @theequeendomcome & @kranium at hype zone || Comedy night with @spiceofficial & @michaelblackson at hypezone || Day on party at republic with @iamerica_mena & @official_je and more!! ???? get your tickets now at majahhype.event Brite.com
link in my bio listen to @hot1079atl for more info.”

We join the over 25, 000 fans in wishing that he continues on the path to a full recovery

Vybz Kartel Praise Popcaan & Megan Thee Stallion’s New Collab, “Song Ya Bad Yuh F***”

Vybz Kartel put his stamp of approval on Popcaan and Megan Thee Stallion’s new collaboration.

Megan Thee Stallion and Popcaan have come in for some high praise from the Worl’Boss for their collaboration “Intercourse.” Kartel used his Instagram account to praise the effort. He said, “YOOOW!!!! DA SONG YA BAD YUH F**K #meganTheeStallion ft @popcaanmusic.”

Vybz Kartel tagged a ton of people in the post as well, which is a big boost for the two already hugely popular artistes. It’s a day of celebration for Popcaan, who received two plaques from Billboard for his two albums, Vanquish and FIXTAPE, on November 21. There’s no doubt that getting praise from his former mentor will be the cherry on top.

The raunchy song is featured on Stallion’s debut album Good News, which was released last Friday, November 20. The album has 17 tracks and features some big collaborations with artistes like Beyonce, Young Thug, SZA, and Da Baby.

It’s also been a bumper year for Stallion, who was recently named GQ Magazine’s rapper of the year and was featured on the cover of their magazine. She also pulled in $1.2 million in just 24 hours after her 106-piece collection for Fashionova sold out.

The song, which was produced by Mustard, already has over 250,000 views since its debut yesterday, November 20, on YouTube. It’s also received many positive reviews from fans on YouTube like, “MEGAN U COULDNT OF PICKED A BETTER ARTIST FOR THIS FT ! LETS GOOOOOO UNRULY WAYYY UP STAY UP DEHHH!!! DEM DEADDDD,” this fan added, “Popcaan is the biggest artist in Jamaica always getting a collab with international artist ??????????????????????,” and this one agreed, “Im in my feelings, raised in Texas but Jamaican fam. I even heard Meg is from Bexar county were I was raised. A rare Jamaican Texas team up is soothing my soul ?.”

Thousands of Kartel’s fans agreed with him that the song is a scorcher.

Back