Welcome To aBlackWeb

STOP LYING TO YOSELF

Bisexual means you like both, homosexuality means you only like one and since you cant be half homosexual(gay), all bisexuals are inherently gay.

All and all, I'd like for the community to post examples of mental gymnastics for ego purposes , when folk can just say what it is and deal with the emotions that come from it

All and all, I'd like for the community to post examples of mental gymnastics for ego purposes , when folk can just say what it is and deal with the emotions that come from it

I have an example that stems from my own personal battles.

All in all, I would consider myself a nice guy. I'm a compassionate person that with honest self reflection would view myself as an empath. But growing up in environments that i did, especially during adolescence/teenaged years, that is looked down on. Mind you, I'm 6'2 as an adult and have been at least 6'0 since i was like 14. I also am really an introvert at heart. So i think my size deterred a lot of people from trying me, but every fight ive been in was woth someone my size or bigger. Many of the fights I've been in have been because someone viewed the personality i have as being "soft". Mainly because I've always been that person to not follow crowds and call people out for behavior i view as fake. I'm the type of person to befriend people that commonly would be called "nerds" or "lames". I also am quiet until i get comfortable. But at the same time, i was always athletically gifted and deemed "popular" because of that, even though deep down i never wanted that.

This lead me to getting into fights because i stood up for someone else that wouldn't, or snapped off at someone for disrespecting me in a way that they wouldn't have had they known how o would react when it happened. I've really hurt everyone ive been in fights with, and that usually stopped the disrespect from occuring in my vicinity on circles that knew i would get to that point. But being honest with myself, i don't like fighting. I don't like causing harm to others when it can be avoided.

But if i put myself in someones elses shoes and honestly assess myself, i would think i was "soft" too. Mainly because every fight I've been in was one where i got hit first. Unless someone got physical, normally let things go. Looking back at it though, it was mainly because my pops was so strict on not getting in trouble in school/out in the world, i was more scared of dealing with him when i would get in trouble than anyone else. He always used to say how being caught up with the law, there was nothing he could really do for me there. And how i should only fight when absolutely necessary. I think that stuck with me young.

So looking at those two reasons for not liking fighting, was it engrained in me from my parents? Or was it my own personal morals? Or a combination of both? Or am i really just a "soft" person?

I did forget something. With all that said, i love boxing. So what if with everything i just said is my own brain doing those mental gymnastics to appease my own perception of myself of being a pacifist when really i do like when i have to fight?

Like enjoying the respect/praise thay would come my way from beating someone up. The feeling of confidence and satisfaction from knowing that i physcially dominated another man? nh

That's ego and i know it, but at some point i became cognizant of it. I haven't had a fight in almost 10 years, but id be lying if i said i didn't think about it.

You don't have to have sex to be gay... kids know they are gay/lesbian while being virgins

You mean to tell me pedos don't exist until they have sex with a child?

You don't have to have sex to be gay... kids know they are gay/lesbian while being virgins

You mean to tell me pedos don't exist until they have sex with a child?

I think the running ideology is that the vast majority of children that have those feelings have also been molested. There was some lesbian scholar talking about that being the gay community's dirty secret.

All in all, I would consider myself a nice guy. I'm a compassionate person that with honest self reflection would view myself as an empath. But growing up in environments that i did, especially during adolescence/teenaged years, that is looked down on. Mind you, I'm 6'2 as an adult and have been at least 6'0 since i was like 14. I also am really an introvert at heart. So i think my size deterred a lot of people from trying me, but every fight ive been in was woth someone my size or bigger. Many of the fights I've been in have been because someone viewed the personality i have as being "soft". Mainly because I've always been that person to not follow crowds and call people out for behavior i view as fake. I'm the type of person to befriend people that commonly would be called "nerds" or "lames". I also am quiet until i get comfortable. But at the same time, i was always athletically gifted and deemed "popular" because of that, even though deep down i never wanted that.

This lead me to getting into fights because i stood up for someone else that wouldn't, or snapped off at someone for disrespecting me in a way that they wouldn't have had they known how o would react when it happened. I've really hurt everyone ive been in fights with, and that usually stopped the disrespect from occuring in my vicinity on circles that knew i would get to that point. But being honest with myself, i don't like fighting. I don't like causing harm to others when it can be avoided.

But if i put myself in someones elses shoes and honestly assess myself, i would think i was "soft" too. Mainly because every fight I've been in was one where i got hit first. Unless someone got physical, normally let things go. Looking back at it though, it was mainly because my pops was so strict on not getting in trouble in school/out in the world, i was more scared of dealing with him when i would get in trouble than anyone else. He always used to say how being caught up with the law, there was nothing he could really do for me there. And how i should only fight when absolutely necessary. I think that stuck with me young.

So looking at those two reasons for not liking fighting, was it engrained in me from my parents? Or was it my own personal morals? Or a combination of both? Or am i really just a "soft" person?
I think your idea of soft is the idea of a normal person. I think you are doing mental gymnastics to avoid the fact that theres nothing wrong with not wanting to fight everyone for every little reason. By taking something normal , making it lesser and chastising yourself with it as punishment.

I'm pretty much the same way. Most of the fights I got into when I was a kid was holding my homies down when THEM niggas got into some beef. I honestly think a nigga who doesn't mind LOOKING soft to other people, to avoid the drama and maintain some semblance of peace, but will definitely get it popping if you force him to...is the OPPOSITE of soft. The nigga who just gotta spazz out if he feels like somebody thinks he's soft...is super soft. Lol.

I'd say it's prolly your own personal morals. Rather than being engrained from your parents.

I was gonna make a big coming out post and all that jazz but instead I'll just thank Covid19 for allowing me to live a life I'm been hiding for the last 30 years

I'm a proud recluse and am ok the minimal contact I have with a very few ppl

Fam, read the room. We all ignored that shit for a reason. And here you go quoting it and shit. Lol. Just back away slowly and let it die.

My bad. I didn't know we were having a mature conversation in the the "vegans are the bisexuals of the culinary world" thread.

Back