Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Stocks fall into correction, head for worst week since financial crisis

Yes and no.

Quick question.....Are you looking for the right track to get in to maximize your money?

Legit question....No bs. im trying to understand your angle
Lol the question sounds like some recruiter shit but yeah I'm trying to soak up knowledge when I can.

I was strictly about long term dividend investing and down the line generating income from it but getting more n more curious about diff types of stocks, companies n learning how to diversify.

Lol the question sounds like some recruiter shit but yeah I'm trying to soak up knowledge when I can.

I was strictly about long term dividend investing and down the line generating income from it but getting more n more curious about diff types of stocks, companies n learning how to diversify.
OK cool.
Recruiter....Lol.

But I think we have different ways we do things.
@Sion approach is very different than mine. As with @Dwade206 too.
I believe and may be wrong....But I think they are more into the financials side. I am more on the supply line and who's running what and future plan and necessity. Mine sounds weird but it works for me. To Me these are triggers on when to act.
Right now....It's the virus making people scared and it has a domino effect. Once that cure comes....It's gonna slowly try to come back to normal. Thus the market rising. It's how I see it. It may not work for others....But it works for me.

Sounds simple...And it is to an extent. But it's really not. I do alot of research. But it really don't matter right now. Cuz everything is dropping.

But i will say this is the best time to learn and best time to make money.
Hope this helps a bit.

At the end of the day......You gotta live by how you see it. Invest the same way.
Just leave all emotion at the door. Like you said....That money is gone.

OK cool.
Recruiter....Lol.

But I think we have different ways we do things.
@Sion approach is very different than mine. As with @Dwade206 too.
I believe and may be wrong....But I think they are more into the financials side. I am more on the supply line and who's running what and future plan and necessity. Mine sounds weird but it works for me. To Me these are triggers on when to act.
Right now....It's the virus making people scared and it has a domino effect. Once that cure comes....It's gonna slowly try to come back to normal. Thus the market rising. It's how I see it. It may not work for others....But it works for me.

Sounds simple...And it is to an extent. But it's really not. I do alot of research. But it really don't matter right now. Cuz everything is dropping.

But i will say this is the best time to learn and best time to make money.
Hope this helps a bit.

At the end of the day......You gotta live by how you see it. Invest the same way.
Just leave all emotion at the door. Like you said....That money is gone.
Props for this post

Your approach doesn't sound simple tho. I could be wrong but it sounds a lil more like educated speculation vs safe, strong historical financials approach. And I'm a beginner so idk about none of that lol.

But my guess is your approach can be more volatile if wrong, but much more rewarding if right whereas looking at financials, ur risk drops way down but the rewards are much slower.

US stock futures mostly flat ahead of Trump address on coronavirus

By Clare Duffy, CNN Business

Updated 8:27 PM ET, Wed March 11, 2020

New York (CNN Business)Stock futures were muted Wednesday evening, following a trading day that brought the Dow into a bear market.

Dow (INDU) futures were down 4 points, or 0.02%, while S&P 500 (SPX) futures were up 0.01% and Nasdaq (COMP) futures were up around 0.11%.

Wednesday had been a volatile day in a roller coaster week for the markets driven by the novel coronavirus outbreak and plummeting oil prices.

Both the S&P 500 and the Dow slipped into bear market territory — defined as a drop of more than 20% from the most recent high. But only the Dow closed the day in a bear market.

Two other key market indexes, the Dow Jones Transportation Average (DJT) and the small-cap focused Russell 2000 (RUT), are already in a bear market.

The novel coronavirus has taken a massive toll on global markets and economies.

The number of global coronavirus cases has surpassed 115,000, and more than 4,000 people have died. The World Health Organization on Wednesday officially declared coronavirus a pandemic.

Investors are waiting for an address from President Donald Trump later in the evening to talk about the US response to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.

Stocks were briefly buoyed on Tuesday after Trump spoke Monday night about potential economic remedies for coronavirus. But those gains were all lost in the sell-off Wednesday.

I don't get it tho.

Is it Trump fault the economy is fucked up right now?

Are we holding him accountable for some pandemic that he didn't create?

Shitty president aside, that what we doing?

Dow plummets, trading briefly suspended after Trump’s coronavirus response sparks market sell-off

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell by 2,000 points Thursday morning after President Donald Trump’s long-awaited response to the coronavirus epidemic triggered a massive sell-off on Wall Street.

The S&P 500 plunged by 7 percent, triggering a circuit breaker, which halts all trading on the New York Stock Exchange for 15 minutes.

All three major averages sank after Trump’s Oval Office address Wednesday night failed to satisfy traders who were hoping for more concrete steps to allay any economic slowdown from the viral outbreak.

This is now the worst week for markets since the 2008 financial crisis, with trading halted twice on Thursday morning. The first time came after all three major averages sank below the 5 percent "limit down" marker in premarket activity.

Stocks plunge following Trump’s response to coronavirus pandemic

March 12, 2020 04:54

In his address from the Oval Office, Trump announced he would be "suspending all travel from Europe to the U.S. for the next 30 days" in an effort to limit the spread of the coronavirus. That created immediate panic as Americans abroad rushed to buy last-minute tickets home, and also fueled trader concern that suspended travel and trade between the U.S. and the European Union would come at a steep economic cost.

Travel stocks continued their double digit plunge, with airlines and hotels hardest hit.

[ b]Markets were also underwhelmed by Trump's economic stimulus package, which offers emergency loans to small businesses, deferred tax payments for some people, but made no specific mention of paid sick leave or free testing for the coronavirus, which continues its spread across the U.S.[/b]

Investors had been anticipating precise details about the "major steps" and "very substantial" tax cut Trump announced earlier in the week, when he met with lawmakers to discuss a response.

It's the second time this week that markets have suspended trading: The S&P 500 hit the threshold on Monday morning after an oil production spat between Russia and Saudi Arabia pushed the price of oil down by 30 percent overnight, the biggest drop since the Gulf War, in 1991.

they gonna try to keep stopping it...lol

nah nigga

i want to be a coronavirus millionaire when they find a vaccine for the shit.

How long will this bear market last?
From CNN Business' Tal Yellin

It’s hard to know exactly how long the new bear market will last. The average bear market has lasted 21 months, with the shortest in 1990 and the longest beginning in 1937.

Here's how long previous bear markets have lasted:
4a6623be-a12d-4ddc-a1bd-644286b7df81.png

[bThe longest bull market in American history is over after 11 yearsFrom CNN Business' Tal Yellin

Less than a month after hitting a high of 3,386 on February 19, the S&P 500 sold off sharply, falling more than 25% as novel coronavirus spreads around the world. An oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia also emerged, threatening US shale producers and exacerbating selling over the past week.

The S&P 500 closed below 2,708.92, officially marking the end of the bull rally and the start of the new bear market. Here are the previous 13 bear markets since 1929.

0fb8ff8e-7b6c-4fcd-88f3-485812238537.jpg

Back to zero: Fed could make dramatic cuts very soon to stop the panic

70549734-d8a4-4bfc-a6cb-3b79fc43ee4e.jpg

From CNN Business' Matt Egan

Wall Street is betting the Federal Reserve will respond to the coronavirus panic by returning to 2008-style interest rates.

Barclays predicted Thursday the Fed will slash interest rates by a full percentage point to zero at next week's meeting -- if not earlier, in an emergency action.

"Given the ongoing weakness in investor sentiment and deterioration in market functioning, we now believe a more aggressive response is warranted," Barclays economists wrote in a note to clients.

It was almost unthinkable just a few weeks ago that the Fed would need to go back to zero in 2020. Now, the market is pricing in a return to zero, not later this year but imminently.

After the Dow suffered its worst day since 1987 on Thursday, the market priced in a 95% chance the Fed cuts rates to a range of zero to 0.25%, according to the CME FedWatch Tool. That compares with no chance of that just a week ago: a truly stunning reversal.

And the Fed is taking other dramatic steps to calm panicky markets. It promised to pump $1.5 trillion into financial markets Thursday and effectively relaunched the 2008-era bond buying program known as quantitative easing, or QE.

Lol the people that bought last week are down now though.

I’d wait at least till Wall Street get its footing and figures out what they gonna do.

Back