Welcome To aBlackWeb

Step Parent Pt. 4

Depends, I wouldn't recommend it, especially if the bio parent is in the picture.

There are way too many rules to step parenting judging by all these threads. All things being equal if someone signs up for that roll you can't limit their ability to parent. If spanking is allowed then should be able to. If it is not then they shouldn't. You will confuse the kid more and disrupt the child's life if there are 2 sets of rules. If you don't trust a person to make proper decisions for your biological child than don't marry someone else until that child is grown. You can't have it both ways. Like you can't marry a woman with children and say I am not taking care of the kids because they are not mine. Even people who share kids disagree with spanking and that has to be sorted out. But if a person is good for you and not your kids don't have them around your kids.

That's the thing, that might be the rules or acceptable to the mother, but if the bio father doesn't want another man beating his son/daughter than it shouldn't be done, period.

That's the thing, that might be the rules or acceptable to the mother, but if the bio father doesn't want another man beating his son/daughter than it shouldn't be done, period.
That can't work. I hate to sound like the world should be perfect but the rules have to be worked out in that situation and if you are that concerned about who is raising your child stay with the mother. Sort it out or take custody. But if the 3 of you can't figure it out you are damaging the child who is the most important person in this.

That's a cotton candy and bubbles world b. You should never stay with someone solely for the kids.

That can't work. I hate to sound like the world should be perfect but the rules have to be worked out in that situation and if you are that concerned about who is raising your child stay with the mother. Sort it out or take custody. But if the 3 of you can't figure it out you are damaging the child who is the most important person in this.

Stop, you don't have to be with the mother to still be in your kids life. If the the father is still there then there is no way an outside man should be disciplining his kids.

That's a cotton candy and bubbles world b. You should never stay with someone solely for the kids.
But you should always consider what is best for the kid. Life is not cotton candy as you say but once you bring a child into this world you have given up the right to make decisions just based on what you want or need. You seem to believe that the negative that you see is right because it is that way. Choose the right partner make the rules for your child agree to parent to the best of your ability. Therefore if you separate and there is a third parent they are just an extension of the parenting tree with the same rules. Also, there is a big difference in soanking and parenting but again I wasn't born here and I went to school where teachers were allowed to spank you. Not beat you with a belt but spank you. I think the U S VI just stopped spanking kids in the last 5 years.

The world doesn't work that way . It would be nice if it did and the bio and step father and the kids could hold hands and skip down to the park, but that's not reality.

Stop, you don't have to be with the mother to still be in your kids life. If the the father is still there then there is no way an outside man should be disciplining his kids.
That works but you can't spank a child a week from now for something they did today. That would mean if the child did something worth a spanking you have to be there in time to spank. So now we are saying that co parents need to live close enough to be affective at it?

That works but you can't spank a child a week from now for something they did today. That would mean if the child did something worth a spanking you have to be there in time to spank. So now we are saying that co parents need to live close enough to be affective at it?

No, they go there as soon as the offense takes place. My dad would go over his ex wife crib whenever my sister and brother got out of hand as soon as it was brought to his attention he went there and straightened them out. You acting like just because the father not in the house he somehow will lack in the disciplining department and don't see his kid but once a week.

I don't have those issues lol but I'm not oblivious to reality
If you have never played or been in any of those rolls how could you argue the point so vigorously. You are creating what you believe is reality. Based on a generation of people who don't believe it takes a village to raise a child. There is no much thing as too much love and guidance and it is up to the adults to decide.

No, they go there as soon as the offense takes place. My dad would go over his ex wife crib whenever my sister and brother got out of hand as soon as it was brought to his attention he went there and straightened them out. You acting like just because the father not in the house he somehow will lack in the disciplining department and don't see his kid but once a week.
Not at all. I am saying that once a 3rd parent is involved they should have some say so.

this a crazy one, cuz i legit see both sides......

i think the best way to move forward in this one is a clear understanding with all 3 parents......

if there's not a clear understanding, then the step parent gonna have to either respect that boundary, or they deal with any backlash....

cuz i mean we spank, pop, belts....not all the time,.... but it goes down if the situation calls for it...

however....it's not an immediate go to, and in most cases can be avoided.....

so it's not like you absolutely have to beat the kid,......it should be nuffin to wait till both parents home to do a punishment after a talk....if that includes the belt or not....

so yea....i'm leaning on tht only if there is a clear understanding between all parents....

if there's not... then naw.....that shit could get real ugly real quick.....

baby daddy drama as they like to call it.....is real as fuck

Listen I am not acting like if something happen in my relationship that I would be happy with someone spanking my child but I would hope that my wife and I would be able to make certain rules together before a third person was involved. We don't beat our son. He get a little tap every now and then but not beatings like I got. I am sure as he gets older even those spankings will decrease.

Back