Welcome To aBlackWeb

STARZ - Heels

Lol the ending to that first episode is "How to kill your Indy Fed" 101
You know they gonna bounce back..... The show is essentially a match in itself....

We're going to root for the face to come back

It wasn't even hate at that point.... Nigga said that shit about their father.... That was crazy...

I actually think Jack was right though .... It's not that he didn't believe in his brother, it's just that he felt it would have helped everybody for him to win the belt at a later date..... He was trying to grow the promotion and had bigger plans for his brother.... Giving him the belt that night gives them nothing else to build up.... Cuz he's now the face champ....

Even his plan of using the other dude to go heel fucked up cuz he retired.....

So he stuck on how to keep the shit interesting if his brother really leave ...I actually felt all that.... He's mainly wanna keep the promotion going.

Plan A was to use his brothers climb back to the title as tool to grow the promotion....so that when his brother does get the belt and eventually called up... At least his last run was good for the family business. He didn't want to crown him too early, cuz he believe his brother would serve himself and the promotion better on a longer chase for the belt.

Nobody else saw it that way. They wanted the instant gratification and had no faith in jacks plan.

The best part was when Ace was like why can't you just be happy for me? Are you for me or against me?

And Jack thru it right back. Why can't you trust and believe in me? You see my vision, and really don't give a fuck when it's really both our family business. Are you for or against me??

That shit was real as fuck and brutally honest. I side with Jack....

Fucking homie arm up was extreme. But it forces his plan to work. Cuz ace not going no where, and just like shorty description of him on the football field.... If they can get another crowd, people gonna feel sorry for Ace cuz he really went thru it.... And cheer his entire recovery and return 🤷🏿‍♂️
See when you put it like that on the rewatch yeah I’m for Jack. Put the business over on your way out. And he may not be entirely ready yet either if he can’t see the bigger picture

Last edited:
We don't know know how long Ace was chasing the title. You can't wait too long to give the belt to someone or else they'll cool off. That screwjob finish was a nice touch.

Amell might be the most underrated TV actor out there.... He's essentially the same character from arrow.... But he got that lovable asshole role down perfectly....

Too bad he played Green arrow, cuz he would have been a perfectb Batman

Ace saying he never wanna be boo'd when he's a natural heel was genius. Especially when he cut a classic heel promo in the bar..... Like that character would definitely get the puters putting....

Ace goes over to get called up .... And DWL gets the exposure to pay all the guys good money....

I think that's what everybody wants.... So if they understand that and find a way to flip it in a great heart breaking way..... This might be the goat new show of 2021

The fourth episode of Heels drew 79,000 viewers on Starz this past Sunday night at 9pm ET, according to Wrestlenomics. This is down 15.95% from the third episode, which drew 94,000 viewers for the debut of CM Punk’s “Ricky Rabies” character.

The key demo rating for the fourth episode of Heels is unavailable as of this writing, but the episode drew 24,000 viewers in the 18-49 key demographic. This is down 29.41% from the 34,000 18-49 viewers that the 0.03 key demo rating for last week’s episode drew.

The new pro wrestling drama on Starz did not make the Cable Top 150 for the fourth week in a row. Once again this week, it appears many viewers are watching the show via the Starz app, and not live. The numbers above only account for linear viewing, and does not include streaming platforms.

The fourth episode of Heels drew the lowest viewership of the series so far.

Below is our Heels Season 1 Viewership Tracker, along with synopses for the remaining episodes, plus a video preview for episode 5, clips from episode 4, and footage of the cast discussing episode 4:

Episode 1: 128,000 viewers with a 0.02 rating in the 18-49 key demographic
Episode 2: 103,000 viewers with a 0.01 rating in the 18-49 key demographic
Episode 3: 93,000 viewers with a 0.03 rating in the 18-49 key demographic (CM Punk debut)
Episode 4: 79,000 viewers

I'll be surprised if this gets a second season

I watch it on flixtor so they getting none of my numbers...

But this shit is great

Yeah but even in here the thread only 2 pages
Right that’s unfortunate. Is it because it’s not advertised enough, because it’s on Starz, because it’s a show based on wrestling? Because it’s clearly not because of the acting, pacing or storyline.

Right that’s unfortunate. Is it because it’s not advertised enough, because it’s on Starz, because it’s a show based on wrestling? Because it’s clearly not because of the acting, pacing or storyline.
That might be the problem, it's not showing enough of the wrestling side and too much on their family dysfunction

Back