Welcome To aBlackWeb

Stand your ground’ law protects shooter in deadly fight over parking space: sheriff

Nah, using Stand Your Ground to defend this means most of the shootings niggas do at clubs would also be justified. The fact that it took so long for dude to pull the trigger and that the man was backing away, shows this was murder.

This is my problem with it, seems like it doesn’t apply to blacks. Do they feel we’re not capable of fearing for our lives?

You’re absolutely right, until hands were put on somebody. There could have been disagreement, argument/conversation about disagreement and all parties retreat. Once you put your hands on me, you’ve crossed the gun line.

You don’t get to do things to people and determine what’s an appropriate response. I don’t wanna get too deep into this where I’m ignoring the racial aspect. But I think it’s bigger than that and simpler.

And this coming from somebody who believe there’s a time for hand to hand. Homie jumped the gun though

There is a such thing as escalation, and I don't know whether you're just trying to sound tough or not, but what the CaC did was over the line racial or not.

Do you have kids? If one of your kids got in an argument and pushed another kid, would you be cool with the other kid stabbing your child in the eye? You really just gonna shrug and be like "Hey, that was an appropriate response." I hope you live in FL or TX, because in pretty much every other part of the country, that dumbass reasoning doesn't fly.

It’s not about toughness even a little

It’s principle

Dont put your hands on anybody if you not prepared to die about it. Once you put your hands on somebody, you’ve crossed a line. It’s simple. You want it to be one way. Look at your example, you had to take it to children to try to make your point. If my kid put his hands on somebody who didn’t touch him(to include spitting), he signed on for whatever comes next.

I can’t speak to appropriate response, ain’t my place to decide what’s appropriate. I live in this world and in this one, putting your hands on somebody can cause you your life

Y’all talking about he should have left it alone cause dude didn’t keep hitting him. You don’t get to put your hands on me and decide when it’s over w/o my say

The bold is the crux of the matter. It absolutely is your responsibility to figure out what is appropriate in each scenario you encounter. Again, I hope you're in in FL or TX, cause this dumb shit you're saying doesn't fly outside of those states. As an adult you're expected to be intelligent enough to adequately assess situations and pick the right moves. You can't just shoot a motha fucka that's walking away from you, and be like "well he pushed me and it's not for me to decide what response is right." You take that defense to court and they will look at you like you're stupid because that is a completely stupid thing to say.

I'm not saying you're wrong when you say that people who attack people should be ready for whatever response comes. However, that does not excuse people from escalating shit beyond where it needs to go.

Dude immediately pulled it and shot homie. As I already said, completely unnecessary imo but homie put his self in that position. And dude answered within the response window. We can sit here all day and talk about reasonable response but people done died from being pushed/punched so you making an attempt on somebody life when you put hands on them especially w/o their agreement.

My big cousin told me “you don’t put your hands on somebody who don’t wanna fight” and it stuck to me

Rather than look at this situation as another opportunity to play victim, it should be a teaching moment. There’s a few steps before we get to putting our hands on people, make sure we exhaust them all and be aware of the consequences that come with actions

This shit was completely unnecessary but dude walked outside and escalated the situation w/o even a slight pause. I can’t get past the disrespect of that initial action.

If you agree that it was unnecessary, I don't really see what we're arguing here. I agree that the black guy started the unnecessary escalation with the push. He was wrong for that. The CaC took it even further, and he was wrong for that. If you agree with that, there isn't any disagreement here.

I'm with Harry on this, if it just stayed an argument as it was then dude wouldn't have got shot. The moment you put your hands on somebody all bets are off and you get what you get

I'll say to you what I said to him. I hope you live in FL or TX because those are really the only places where you can get away with thinking like that. You can't just take something from 10 to 100 and expect people like "It's all good because the other guy took it from 1 to 10."

I could understand what you dudes were saying if the black guy looked like he was about to try and stomp the CaC out or continue the violence. That's not the case. He pushed the CaC down and then gave him the space to get up and walk away. Killing someone under those circumstances should be inexcusable, but it's FL so...

Things won’t change until a black person uses the stand your ground law against a white person. We all know that this is bullshit.

so basically this guy was always harrassing someone.

its on record that he is always fucking with someone.

but knowing he has a gun....thats makes him right when someone responds?

so all the other times he was fucking with people...could they had shot him?

i think the problem is.....black people dont know how to play the victim.

we always gotta meet a threat to show we aint no bitch.....
its in us to not back down.

you can have a biggest white boy and he can be a victim.

but even the smallest black man can not play victim

Usually the black man getting off will spark the change.

I don't know man. That Stand Your Ground shit is so squishy, I couldn't even see a black man getting off in this scenario if the roles were reversed. I think it would be more likely that he would get convicted, and people would protest because of the unfair execution of the law. Then they would change the law, not necessarily to get rid of it, but to come up with some bullshit reasoning for why when white people do it, its ok, but when blacks do it, it's not.

That's pretty much happened with the the drug war. They were called out on the unfairness of the sentencing laws between powder cocaine and crack. They didn't stop convicting black crack dealers/users. They just added stupid reasoning behind the laws to excuse what they were doing. No one addressed that shit until Obama came along, and I suspect he only got it done because the meth epidemic was popping off and whites were starting to get serious time since the sentencing rules for that are closer to crack than powder.

I don't know man. That Stand Your Ground shit is so squishy, I couldn't even see a black man getting off in this scenario if the roles were reversed. I think it would be more likely that he would get convicted, and people would protest because of the unfair execution of the law. Then they would change the law, not necessarily to get rid of it, but to come up with some bullshit reasoning for why when white people do it, its ok, but when blacks do it, it's not.

That's pretty much happened with the the drug war. They were called out on the unfairness of the sentencing laws between powder cocaine and crack. They didn't stop convicting black crack dealers/users. They just added stupid reasoning behind the laws to excuse what they were doing. No one addressed that shit until Obama came along, and I suspect he only got it done because the meth epidemic was popping off and whites were starting to get serious time since the sentencing rules for that are closer to crack than powder.
My point is these types of laws don’t get changed if the black man don’t get off. Whites being outraged about “injustice”.

Back