There was the Oscar win for Parasite last year too ... almost similar themes to SG...

But I been deep into foreign language cinema (more especially from Europe) before they became hip or popular... I have loads of them dvds I copped back in the day

Yeah, wasn't there a Japanese movie called Battle Royale that had a pretty big underground buzz and had similar themes. Now that I think of it, these kinda stories are common enough in Asian cinema to basically be their own subgenre, sort of like how they really seem to love those ghost movies like the Ring and the Grudge.

Reactions: Playmaker88
Those foreign films (korean, Japanese, and chinese specifically) makes these types of films often. I was surprised this was as big as it was as well. I guess it was new to people who dont watch foreign films.
Yup they make alot of great shit i gotta revisit a couple Asian flicks i saw back n the day breaking news and a duel movie i cant remember the title

Ive seen 10 to 20 of these. Here

Yup they make alot of great shit i gotta revisit a couple Asian flicks i saw back n the day breaking news and a duel movie i cant remember the title

I’ve seen 8 of these

But there’s movies out there I’ve seen that aren’t on this list

Netflix from 2012-2016 I had a run with Korean movies and Donnie yen movies and iko uwais

I’ve seen 8 of these

Netflix from 2012-2016 I had a run with Korean movies and Donnie yen movies and iko uwais
Full time killer is the other joint... also made By Johnny To just found it

There was the Oscar win for Parasite last year too ... almost similar themes to SG...

But I been deep into foreign language cinema (more especially from Europe) before they became hip or popular... I have loads of them dvds I copped back in the day
I havent seen parasite yet.

I been watching the Japanese, Chinese films since I was a teen. Started with the martial arts but now I would watch some of their horrors.

Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
Yeah, wasn't there a Japanese movie called Battle Royale that had a pretty big underground buzz and had similar themes. Now that I think of it, these kinda stories are common enough in Asian cinema to basically be their own subgenre, sort of like how they really seem to love those ghost movies like the Ring and the Grudge.
Yeah I saw both battle royals. Came out before the hunger games. They probably do have a subgenre.

• Goat

Yo, old boy was fucked up. But original.

What i like about the Japanese, Chinese, and korean films compared to some of America's, is that they dont mind that all the stories are not going to have a happy endings.

I’ve seen 8 of these

Full time killer is the other joint.. also made By Johnny To just found it you gotta watch that joint one of the greatest duel movies ever

How is Snowpiercer on that list?

Finished the penultimate episode. Didn't expect the Front Man to be Jun-Ho's brother. So glad the gangster died the way he did in the previous episode

This fucking old guy. Did not see that coming. Gi-Hun can't help but be a shit dad, whether he's broke or rich lol

You guys need to watch The man from nowhere and a Film trilogy, Oldboy, sympathy for mr.vengeance and lady vengeance.

• Goat
0751c086afdbf4dc1d866a2c4119d3fe240c4694.gifv

4de40a85ca4a04ffa3fb4f9994ee511c6972d665.gifv

0bd8a529c4e264195c93eab4af7e932725837065.gifv

3c4ec3a99901ddd4b3c1fc2db5830fa46c937747.gifv

They got my guy infamous to believe the hype😕