Welcome To aBlackWeb

Splitting the tab

Duwop

You're the target, not the victim šŸ§
Mod Squad
This not even a stunt thread... Cuz I'm cheap as fuck. And will claim broke in most social occasions.

But if I'm out with my people's..... Like my people's.....

We not arguing over no damn bill at a restaurant.
Well if we do argue, it's about who bout to pick up the whole shit.....

I've never.... NEVER itemized my shit on a tab. And yes it's ego. I'd rather over pay....off principal, than get into some shit about what I did or didn't order when I'm with.....

For example, I was out with my best friend and her man last weekend.. He insisted on grabbing the entire tab at restaurant, but i damn near jacked the server at the show and told her don't bring our drink bill to nobody but me. And our next stop I grabbed that too, cuz I know that first tab was heavy... But at no point was niggaz looking at the bill like

" Yo I only paid for ........"

Yeah, don't hang out with me if you like that.

I remember popping bottles at some club called Park I think in DC w my exes friends bill came out to like either 8 or 12k I canā€™t remember

Niggas looked at me like you are our guest here we got it

I ainā€™t no how to react to that still donā€™t

If a nigga want to pay the tab I'm not gonna argue I'll just take care of something else that night or another time down the line. It's some niggas that just insist on paying. As long as they not throwing it in anyone's face I'm cool.

I'll never squab w my niggas about splitting a tab tho. That will be the first and last time it happens if it do.

Honestly, everyone's pockets are not the same. There have been times where we just split the tab. There are times where we just pay for our own. I never assume people are cool with splitting the tab. I just ask how are we paying. The new thing for me now is that I will put everything on my card. That is just to get the points for it. Then have everybody send me the money later.

Usually that kinda happens when I'm out wit my family.

Either my Dad will get it.

If I'm out wit sis and her family...she would get it.

Or I would get it.

Other than that...we'd pay our own if out wit friends

I choose wisely where I eat with certain friends at. If I have an idea where they stand financially, ainā€™t no way Iā€™m sitting down with them at a 4-5 ā­ļø restaurant.

If weā€™re at a bar, normally Iā€™ll just front the tab, and let them pay me in cash for their part. Then, you see whoā€™s holding their part and whoā€™s just trying to leach.

If I'm out at a spot and I'm not alone, it's almost always just one other person or two at the most. When the check comes, one of us usually is just like 'I got it.'. Then maybe someone else will grab the shit the next time. Or in rare cases, someone might be like 'Split the check up'...and then they split it.

Shit really ain't even that deep with me and mine. Shit has literally never ever come up.

If I'm out at a spot and I'm not alone, it's almost always just one other person or two at the most. When the check comes, one of us usually is just like 'I got it.'. Then maybe someone else will grab the shit the next time. Or in rare cases, someone might be like 'Split the check up'...and then they split it.

Shit really ain't even that deep with me and mine. Shit has literally never ever come up.
Exactly this

If I invited someone or a group of people out Iā€™m taking care of the bill at the end

If I was the one invited out then Iā€™ll let the person know beforehand that Iā€™ll offer more than just my meal if itā€™s required..

Truthfully Iā€™ve never been in any of those type of situations. We usually have a meeting beforehand about whoā€™s gonna be there and the money thatā€™ll be invested

If I invited someone or a group of people out Iā€™m taking care of the bill at the end

If I was the one invited out then Iā€™ll let the person know beforehand that Iā€™ll offer more than just my meal if itā€™s required..

Truthfully Iā€™ve never been in any of those type of situations. We usually have a meeting beforehand about whoā€™s gonna be there and the money thatā€™ll be invested

Yeah... I can't be doing all that talking. Its usually someone initiating a message on the group chat saying "who feels like going out to eat at ________ next week?"
Followed by "I'm down, set it up" or "nah not me"

If you got the time and money you pull up if not stay yo ass at home and come out next time.

Its usually understood. If its ayce sushi or Korean bbq everyone gon pay their own way cause the price is already set. If it's a restaurant or club theres gonna be items that's shareable so we gon split the bill, or someone might ante up and offer to pay the whole thing. In that case you leave a proper tip.

Can't imagine having to have that discussion. If you need that to be explained after a certain age or have difficulty coming to that conclusion on your own I don't want to go out with you.

Back