More laughs than scares

PRAISE: I cant believe it's been 4 years since the last SAW movie because the fims used to hit theatres every year.One of the good things about this horror flick is that Chris Rocks finger prints as producer are all over it.His brand of humor is infused in this movie about Detective Ezekiel "Zeke" Banks and his rookie partner take charge of an investigation into grisly murders that are eerily reminiscent of the city's gruesome past.
There are some good kills and laughs and sprinkle in some Samuel L Jackson for some trademark MF moments.
Gore is drawn out just enough to make the audience cringe and squirm.

PROBLEMS: Far to predictable, after 45 minutes it was obvious who the "new" Jigsaw was.Rocks acting was way off and forced in this one.
There is a hollow and amateurish feel to the whole movie. It felt like I was watching a low budget horror flick that pops up on The Movie Channel or SyFy.
All to brief moments from Mrs Jackson

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
by far the funniest movie of 2021
especially the ending

Last edited:
Just got round to now watching it... Not the worst in the series of 8 but so-so.

Thought Rock's character Zeke as a detective was weak... Didn't get anywhere near to solving the crimes, identifying the new "jigsaw" or saving anyone besides his dad really.

Dunno if a sequel can be made from this and also no "Game Over!" catchphrase

Just got round to now watching it... Not the worst in the series of 8 but so-so.

Thought Rock's character Zeke as a detective was weak... Didn't get anywhere near to solving the crimes, identifying the new "jigsaw" or saving anyone besides his dad really.

Dunno if a sequel can be made from this and also no "Game Over!" catchphrase
Movie was meh and the twist wasn't a twist.I figured that shit out fast and was like "Is this supposed to be secret?"