Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spawn has been cast; will be played by Jamie Foxx

Low budget film.

It definitely will be. Before the signing with Blumhouse, Mcfarland was saying he is hoping to sign with someone and should be able to make the movie for only 10 million. So i doubt Clown/Violator will be anywhere in this movie.

Will probably just be some kids filming themselves (with Spawn in the background of the scenes watching over them) and they probably get mixed up in some mob/crime incident and Spawn protects them.

should've taken this to Netflix as a live action series or at least bring the cartoon back that was on HBO

MJW could've voiced him

Even though mjw embodied Spawn, I think Foxx can pull it off.. and the angle of him being a background character could be good..as long as it's directed well.

I love Spawn. Its by far my favorite comicbook series. Not so much recent years, but those first 100 issues for sure. Unfortunately, from the very beginning ive been hesitant to be excited for this movie. Im fine with Foxx being Al simmons, im more worried about Todd McFarland's vision for this movie wanting Spawn to be a background character. Also worried about him directing it. He seems to be getting more and more support for the movie though through finance and production. If Blumhouse is willing to put the money up for it, then maybe Todd does have something cool on the way.

Ill wait for a trailer before i totally lose faith though.

Hold up it's your favorite comic book series but you can't see how a movie based around Sam & Twitch while retaining Spawn's mystique by limiting his screen time could be interesting? They pretty much carried that book as soon as the 90s were over.

Spawn (1997) is a horrible movie anyway you slice it. It was an awful disappointment then and seems even worse now. I always considered it the shark jumping moment from the 80s and 90s comic adaptation wave. That was that era's death knell.

Thankfully Blade dropped the next year and reset the standards for where comic book adaptations could go. Which lead to X-Men, Spider-Man and where things are today. There is nowhere to go but up. Even with amateur director Todd McFarlane behind the camera.

Hold up it's your favorite comic book series but you can't see how a movie based around Sam & Twitch while retaining Spawn's mystique by limiting his screen time could be interesting? They pretty much carried that book as soon as the 90s were over.

Yes. And this won't be based on sam and twitch. He has a tv show coming out that will be based on sam and twitch and Kevin Smith is invloved in some way. Can't recall if he's a director, writer, or just a producer. Im sure sam aND twitch will make an appearance, but they won't be the major characters.

I want to be excited, but I can't be excited until I see the trailer. I imagine getting a big actor like jaime foxx we might see more spawn than I anticipated.

I'm gonna try finding the interview macfarlaND did explaining his vision for the movie.

Yes. And this won't be based on sam and twitch. He has a tv show coming out that will be based on sam and twitch and Kevin Smith is invloved in some way. Can't recall if he's a director, writer, or just a producer. Im sure sam aND twitch will make an appearance, but they won't be the major characters.

I want to be excited, but I can't be excited until I see the trailer. I imagine getting a big actor like jaime foxx we might see more spawn than I anticipated.

I'm gonna try finding the interview macfarlaND did explaining his vision for the movie.

Interesting. I didn't know he wants to go multimedia with it. A Sam & Twitch show with the occassional Spawn cameo could be fire.

McFarlane sound like he did a line before the camera cut on, but now I'm interested

I remember a store I went to as a kid carried some McFarland toys. He had spawn toys then 80s horror toys like and they always creeped me out

Back