Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spawn has been cast; will be played by Jamie Foxx

I love Spawn. Its by far my favorite comicbook series. Not so much recent years, but those first 100 issues for sure. Unfortunately, from the very beginning ive been hesitant to be excited for this movie. Im fine with Foxx being Al simmons, im more worried about Todd McFarland's vision for this movie wanting Spawn to be a background character. Also worried about him directing it. He seems to be getting more and more support for the movie though through finance and production. If Blumhouse is willing to put the money up for it, then maybe Todd does have something cool on the way.

Ill wait for a trailer before i totally lose faith though.

MJW was dope, but I think Jamie can kill it. I don’t think McFarlane would cast a shitty Spawn.

Jamie does look like comic version Al Simmons,this is gonna work,you could probably do a trilogy. I

hope they get into other characters like Chapel and Angela,Redeemed...

I'm ok with Jamie playing Spawn. I think he can pull it off. Plus from what's been released about the film Spawn won't be the focus character.

Jamie is an excellent actor so this is good news. He can also fit the role physically since he's shown he can put on muscle. Great casting imo.

Back