Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sophomore Jinx

Youngest In Charge was Special Ed's first album and was solid. His second album was Legal and that was solid too.

His third album, Revelations, came out in 1995. I've never heard it all the way through but amongst all the classic albums that came out in 1995, it got lost in the shuffle.

The third album was solid for the time it was released but you gotta remember the other albums dropped around the same time, in particular Mobb Deep's "The Infamous" which came out two months before Revelations and was THE album in rotation and Raekwon's OB4CL which came out two months after.

Those two albums easily overshadowed everything else.

Legal was well below average compared to his debut & he fell off hard thanks to it. The sales & critical acclaim was nonexistent. Who was really checkin for Special Ed in ‘95?

The problem wasn't that Legal was sub-par, it was the 5 years between albums plus the fact that Revelations came out in '95 against some heavyweight albums that caused it to get overlooked.

Then arnt NWA albums Dr Dre albums so Aftermath is far from his 2nd project

What?!

No.

NWA albums are just that, NWA albums.

But the ones w/ just Dre, have him w/ a feature or 2 on damn near every track just like Chronic, Dre Presents,2001, and Compton.

It said Dr Dre Presents....

He was on what 1 track?

Shit dont count like a Chonic or 2001

He was tryn start a label

It said Dr Dre Presents....

He was on what 1 track?

Shit dont count like a Chonic or 2001

He was tryn start a label

tenor.gif

R-1135829-1224541649.jpeg.jpg

^^^ This is MC Shan's second album. His first album, Down By Law came out in early 1987 around the same time The Bridge Is Over dropped. His first album wasn't a classic but it was a solid 3.5 mics. There were a handful of good songs.

Criminal Minded came out about 6 months after Shan's first album. Criminal Minded was far superior and KRS seemed like the better MC.

MC Shan was in Ja Rule's shoes after GRODT came out. He wasn't completely washed up and could have salvaged his career with a 5 mic classic, but alas, his second album Born To Be Wild was a dud. If there was any chance of Shan coming back from The Bridge Is Over he would have had to come correct on his sophomore effort but he failed and his career went in the toilet.

MC Shan wasn't wack by any means but there were members of his own crew that were better (Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, etc.)

DMX 2nd LP. I wasn't feeling it at 1st aside from the obvious stand out tracks.

Raekwon Immobilarity, I swear the 1st 3 songs had the same sample just different tempos

Camp lo
50 the massacre
Lloyd Banks rotten apple
a lot of people say that but i liked the album

Back