Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sophomore Jinx

To be fair to Saigon, he went from an album with production from Just Blaze on every track and features from legends like Q-Tip and Jay-Z, to albums produced by mostly unknown producers and C-list features. dude can wrap and can make songs, but he needs production that's on the same tier as he is. He's not a Nas type who can take a lame beat and make it a dope song.

196157.gif

Flesh of my Flesh is a classic

Not a classic. But def not wack. I think the 1st one was so good n there was not alotta time in between albums, that it was hard to truly appreciate the second one. It was hard to separate it from the 1st. I felt like this, bc it took me awhile to like flesh of my flesh.

Lloyd Banks and 50 caught that sophomore jinx for diff reasons. 50 gave game two of the strongest tracks on his album n allegedly Banks had sample clearance issues and some chick stole his album or some shit. Rotten Apple was awful

Not a classic. But def not wack. I think the 1st one was so good n there was not alotta time in between albums, that it was hard to truly appreciate the second one. It was hard to separate it from the 1st. I felt like this, bc it took me awhile to like flesh of my flesh.

Lloyd Banks and 50 caught that sophomore jinx for diff reasons. 50 gave game two of the strongest tracks on his album n allegedly Banks had sample clearance issues and some chick stole his album or some shit. Rotten Apple was awful

I thought it was general consensus that X dropped 2 classics in one year.

@Matike85 do a "Classic or not" thread for Flesh of my Flesh when u get a chance.

Nore - Melvin Flynt

Mase - Double Up

Lench Mob - Planet of the Apes

Lil Kim - Notorious K.I.M.

Jermaine Dupri - Instructions

G-Unit - Terminate on Sight

Cool C - I Gotta Habit was dope, everybody fucked with it. To be fair the second joint, Life in the Ghetto, had a few cuts I fucked with but there was waaaaay to many skippable tracks.

Poor Righteous Teachers - First album was fire, second album was more like a match you just blew out.

King Sun - I actually like both albums, but the second one simply didn't hit like the first joint.

Back