Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sophomore Jinx

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
We've heard this term used a million times, but which artists (rappers and singers) dropped a dud on their sophomore release?​

Souls of Mischief

‘93 til Infinity is one of my person all time favorite albums and a hip-hip classic...No Mans Land is neither of those 2 things

DMX 2nd LP. I wasn't feeling it at 1st aside from the obvious stand out tracks.

Raekwon Immobilarity, I swear the 1st 3 songs had the same sample just different tempos

Camp lo
50 the massacre
Lloyd Banks rotten apple

DMX 2nd LP.
196157.gif

Flesh of my Flesh is a classic

DMX 2nd LP. I wasn't feeling it at 1st aside from the obvious stand out tracks.

Raekwon Immobilarity, I swear the 1st 3 songs had the same sample just different tempos

Camp lo
50 the massacre
Lloyd Banks rotten apple

Started to put each of these albums too lmao

Mos Def. The New Danger.

196157.gif

Flesh of my Flesh is a classic

When I copped the New Danger I was disappointed. It’s a ok album but no where near where Black on Both Sides was. Mos hasn’t come close since.

Flesh of my Flesh is boarderline classic but definitely NOT a sophomore jinx album.

Special Ed’s second album after Youngest in Charge flopped hard. Young Gunz second album was trash.

Special Ed’s second album after Youngest in Charge flopped hard. Young Gunz second album was trash.

Youngest In Charge was Special Ed's first album and was solid. His second album was Legal and that was solid too.

His third album, Revelations, came out in 1995. I've never heard it all the way through but amongst all the classic albums that came out in 1995, it got lost in the shuffle.

That DMX joint was like a bunch of left overs or that or I hated a few tracks that much, I'll give it another chance

Youngest In Charge was Special Ed's first album and was solid. His second album was Legal and that was solid too.

His third album, Revelations, came out in 1995. I've never heard it all the way through but amongst all the classic albums that came out in 1995, it got lost in the shuffle.

Legal was well below average compared to his debut & he fell off hard thanks to it. The sales & critical acclaim was nonexistent. Who was really checkin for Special Ed in ‘95?

Back