Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Also gotta add the Manslaughter charge that would run concurrent

MN Statute 609.205

Involuntary manslaughter is causing a person’s death by your own reckless or grossly negligent actions. In this type of manslaughter, it’s the disregard for the safety of others or risk of death that makes the actions criminal, rather than any intent to harm the victim. Minnesota also views these accidental deaths as criminal, but doesn't penalize the crime as severely as an intentional killing.

Involuntary manslaughter in Minnesota is called manslaughter in the second degree. In addition, there are two types of criminal vehicular homicide, one for humans and another for unborn fetuses. All of these are below the intentional homicide crimes of first-degree murder, second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and voluntary manslaughter. Vehicular homicide is prohibited to address negligent driving, such as drunk driving or texting and driving

That KAT picture is moving me. He watched his mom die not even 2 months ago from COVID-19 and he's still out there using his platform for the cause. That's the true definition of a celebrity using their platform for the greater good. It also takes amazing courage and selflessness to not only continue to deal with his own sad personal grief, but to take on more grief in pursuit of justice. For that, I'll always be a fan.

a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Minnesota statute 609.195

This is what I was trying to say the other day.

Intent is the hardest thing to prove. If a mfer says he didnt intend to kill someone, its damn near impossible.

With that said, how is putting a knee on someones neck for 8 minutes with them begging you to stop and pleading that they cant breathe not intent to kill?

A good lawyer should have been able to prove intent to kill.

I was shown to be talking out my ass and not knowing what i was talking bout on this topic the other day so ima reserve judgement.

Anyone who really knows the law, putting everything aside, and just looking at this as a isolated situation, is the shit that happened here really 3rd degree?

a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Minnesota statute 609.195
He should get the full 25 easily then

Proving intent is key but If we're being honest it was premeditated first degree murder with a Hate Crime enhancement, especially given the fact they knew each other...

Back