Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I agree idiots get degrees all the time. I’m just saying, it will be a barrier. Also, they should be knowledgeable of the laws and system they are enforcing.

The mental health evaluation could be good as well, but many of these people aren’t mentally ill in the medical sense. Another barrier though so I’m with it.

There are different types of mental evaluations and I'm not talking only talking about ones that would show if the officer is bi-polar for example. The evaluation could easily show if they have conscious or unconscious racial bias, if the job is too stressful for the person to handle, etc.

IMO the police knowing the laws better through a college degree would allow them to fuck people over than they already do in an even more authoritarian way.

They need to be drug tested way more as well.

Idiots get degrees every semester. I really don't see having college credits or a degree helping in curbing the shit police are doing.

Expert mental evaluations before hiring and every 6 months once on the job is better than requiring some type of college IMO. Also having a mental evaluation within 12 hrs of ANY physical incident should be required as well.

None of the evaluations should be given by an employee of the dept, state or fed govt.

Yes, but some idiots wash out. A lot of these dudes become cops because of the fact that it doesn't require anything thinking or head work to get in. Those people likely wouldn't make it through the courses. Also, the courses would help with the fact that some of these cops don't even seem to understand the system they serve. That's a problem.

College credits won't fix anything regarding mentally unstable or racist cops, but not every problem with the cops boils down to those two things. Some problems really are results of lack of information, poor training, and innate inadequacy to do the job. Requiring schooling would help with those problems. It's not really a question because most of the countries that have actual good police already have those measures in place.

Yes, but some idiots wash out. A lot of these dudes become cops because of the fact that it doesn't require anything thinking or head work to get in. Those people likely wouldn't make it through the courses. Also, the courses would help with the fact that some of these cops don't even seem to understand the system they serve. That's a problem.

College credits won't fix anything regarding mentally unstable or racist cops, but not every problem with the cops boils down to those two things. Some problems really are results of lack of information, poor training, and innate inadequacy to do the job. Requiring schooling would help with those problems. It's not really a question because most of the countries that have actual good police already have those measures in place.

I disagree

I personally think their psych evals need to be better.

I think they should not be part of the communities they police and should be housed in our old decommissioned military bases.

I think they should have to be federalized and fall under something similar to UCMJ.

Celtics fans broke in his house, vandalized it and took a shit in his bed

That's crazy. This dude basically made them the winningest franchise in NBA history, and they still did him like that. Think about how fanatical some of these people are when it comes to their sports. Now think about how racist they have to be to bypass that fanaticism in favor of abusing the start of their team.

I think all these Blue Lives Matter people should be forced to listen to this. They probably won't take it in, but they should be forced to listen to it. They always support these cops, but every decent person that was a cop that I've heard talk about being a cop says the same thing.

Back