Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

SYSTEMIC RACISM IN LAW ENFORCEMENT?

Discussions about systemic racism have been front and center in Floyd’s death — he was Black and officer Derek Chauvin, who kneeled on his neck for more than 7 minutes, is white.

Walker, who is also vice president of the National Black Police Association’s Minnesota chapter, said Tuesday that it’s his opinion that there’s not systemic racism in law enforcement.

“I believe it’s a punchline used right now to divide us,” he said. “It’s very divisive and it needs to stop. I believe we have progress in our city that people are failing to recognize. We have a Black attorney general. Our city council has a lot of minorities on it. Our chief is Black. I’m the first ever elected Black union leader in my department. You don’t hear that.”

And anywhere that there is systemic racism, Walker added, “We need to find it, we need to corner it and we need to fight it together.”

I honestly never knew police had such large budgets before George Floyd.

Money should go to schools and social programs and mental health and homelessness and the lower income communities.

If they did that we wouldn’t need so many cops (still don’t) because people wouldn’t be out here committing crimes of desperation.

We do everything backwards in this country

Yea. Police budgets are huge.

If im not mistaken, they ballooned after 911

Yeah...she gettin her azzz whooped.

But actually...he played it smart. He recorded it. This will look good in the custody hearing. B/c the bitch is detrimental to his child. His lawyer should be having a field day wit this

image.png

Back