Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

It's crazy that these white people are so committed to the confederate shit. It's crazier that they have the gall to act like it's not about racism. I mean take away the fact that they were racists and the confederates were just some traitorous losers. Who celebrates that kinda history? I've been to a few churches in my life, but I've never seen one with a statue of Judas out in the front.

I don’t give a damn about NASCAR and I’d never heard of him until last week but that Bubba Wallace shit does have me worried about him.

Whoever hung that noose in his garage is somebody within the sport with some type of access, even if it’s not another driver.

But someone will go that far whose to say they wouldn’t try to tamper with his car or purposely run him off the track or into a wall or something like that during a race. At the speeds they drive that’s all dangerous as fuck and he’s the only black man in that space.

As much as white people lost their minds over Kaepernick, he had some people in his corner to back him up even though it wasn’t as many people as it should have been.

Bubba Wallace is out there on his own as public enemy #1 in a sport that has events all Over the deep south.

Real shit I hope nothing happens to him.

It's crazy that these white people are so committed to the confederate shit. It's crazier that they have the gall to act like it's not about racism. I mean take away the fact that they were racists and the confederates were just some traitorous losers. Who celebrates that kinda history? I've been to a few churches in my life, but I've never seen one with a statue of Judas out in the front.

"Let's build Nazi statues and a Nazi museum commemorating/honoring all the Nazi soldiers who died in WW2" - said by no one

Isn't it kinda weird that Nascar, the sports organization that gets next to no money and has every reason not to be on some BLM shit didn't really have a problem supporting Wallace and didn't object to him saying he wouldn't stand for the anthem. Meanwhile, the NFL, an organization that lives and dies on black people basically threw Kaep under the bus. It's pretty fucked up.

Isn't it kinda weird that Nascar, the sports organization that gets next to no money and has every reason not to be on some BLM shit didn't really have a problem supporting Wallace and didn't object to him saying he wouldn't stand for the anthem. Meanwhile, the NFL, an organization that lives and dies on black people basically threw Kaep under the bus. It's pretty fucked up.
The nfl severely overestimated the potential backlash from signing Kap. The positive would've outweighed the negative

The nfl severely overestimated the potential backlash from signing Kap. The positive would've outweighed the negative
It all had to do with Trump. Thats who they were afraid of.

The NFL owners benefit from anti-trust exemptions provided by the federal government that allow them to make the money they make. It was less about PR(although that played a factor) and more about their fear of Trump rescinding those exemptions in retaliation for backing Kaep and the players.

Back