Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Question for yall....in events of cops killing ppl and getting off, if it got reported by media as cop killing an unarmed person (leaving the race of the cop and possibly also the race of the victim out of it), do you think there would be more results and more ppl of all races outraged cuz it would be a cop vs citizens issue (like we been tryna tell em for fuckin ever) or should race be apart of it?

Cuz the way the media reports these issues is one of my biggest problems and why I feel little gets done.
i think the image is burned in people head.
i think the video made it true to some and didnt give them an excuse.
if it was just letters......it doesnt hit or sting and can be easily forgotten

I cant front. Im really interested to see how drew brees plays this. I think he knows in today's climate the standard apology statement aint gonna cut it.

He will prolly do what jimmy fallon is doing. Have a bunch of 1 on 1 talks w other ppl, to listen and try to understand.

I could see him sitting down w ppl like michael eric dyson, mark lamont hill, Angela davis, ben jealous, jane elliot.

Maybe if he sits w ppl like that n listens, he might get alil informed. Cuz if he gives a standard apology statement, no one gonna believe him. Cuz his true feelings are what he said in that interview.

Last edited:

And here comes the okey doke.

Said it a few days earlier, but 2nd degree is gonna be harder to prove than 3rd degree/manslaughter.

Only way it makes sense is if the DA is trying to pressure him to plea to a lesser charge.

Which, in this case, would be manslaughter and/or 3rd degree murder.

In a world where all was equal this would make sense.... we don't live in such a world tho.

The world we live in there are people who are white that when they hear a black person was killed or was the cop that did the killing.. that's when they stop giving a fuck about the issue.

The world we live in there are people who are black that when they hear a white person was killed or was the cop that did the killing.. that's when they stop giving a fuck about the issue.

Most folks only give a shit about an issue if it affects them or if it affects someone that looks like them sadly.

just my humble opinion tho
Believe me I get it...and I'm not downplaying the importance race plays in this cuz we been experiencing this shit since we got here. Also not excusing ppl doing these things on behalf of their racism.

However, we also know that race is completely made up and is a tool used to keep everybody fighting amongst each other instead of going at the real enemies who run the system. They use media against us to further the division because they benefit from it. Drives up ratings. Local news gotta fight for budgets but cnn and faux? Money out the ass.

So what I'm ultimately gettin at is that ppl get tired of race too and tune out when they hear it mentioned just as much or more if they hear cop vs citizen. Media been beating us over the head with race since Reagan and the war on drugs (cuz he basically made the news a for-profit organization so their ratings and ad revenue mean more than the truth). If we actually got to the facts of the matter and cut out the opinions, would that make a difference? Idk exactly what that would look like cuz it's impossible to mention race in times like this....but to chip away at the facade of it and not give power to it in general would make a huge difference I think. We'd still have to contend with the bootlickin uniform lovers after that tho...*shrug*

And here comes the okey doke.

Said it a few days earlier, but 2nd degree is gonna be harder to prove than 3rd degree/manslaughter.

Only way it makes sense is if the DA is trying to pressure him to plea to a lesser charge.

Which, in this case, would be manslaughter and/or 3rd degree murder.

2nd degree is harder to prove.

3rd degree is easier cuz it means u didnt intend to kill him. But ur depraved indifference caused his death.

But the circumstances around the situation could allow for 2nd degree. The length of time the knee was on the neck/with the pressure, him being handcuffed, floyd sayin he couldn't breathe and the witnesses telling the cop he couldn't breathe. All those factors show the cop was aware he was causing his death

Back