Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

you would think you have these types of convos BEFORE you walk down the aisle

not sure what she expected
I'm sure he knows about racism, but I'm positive he doesnt know about American racism. I've spoken to a lot of European and English people before these protests even started and they'd ask about the stories they hear about our police. Its hard for them to even process what we tell them our police can get away with. Most of their replies go along the lines of "if they did that here they'd be fired and arrested immediately".

Gotta remember America still does a lot of shit that doesnt fly in like all western countries. They''ve had their boot on our neck so long on so many things, we've unfortunately gotten to a point where we assume this how a lot of other countries live too. This why we need to get the word out on how the people in other countries are living. Let people over here see their good healthcare, good roads & how they hold police, politicians & company executives more accountable, so more people can start demanding change.

This country is run by some high school bullies. If we dont start really fighting back and letting them know they're gunna have to really work for this lunch money & may even get bloody taking it, then they're gunna keep taking everything. And when we got no money then they taking our shoes and sock.

Shhiiitttt if we talking about WW2, then our grandfathers prob didnt fight with his grandfathers. Gotta remember they let blacks enlist but stuffed them in their owe black units, and shunned them cuz whites didnt want us around. Then after they bravely found in a War, they came back to be called racial slurs and denied the GI bill they were promised, while they watched white soldiers collect and get nice new houses.

I believe they'd only have to pay 10% of the million-dollar bail.
So all 4 could be bailed out for 100k each, if my math is right.
How much faith do y'all have in this Keith Elison guy?

Also, Reuters is reporting that Derek Chauvin is facing three counts.
Third Degree Murder, Second Degree Murder, and Second Degree Manslaughter

If we're being honest its premeditated 1st degree murder with a hate crime enhancement but I'll settle for this

Yup. Nothing so far but they know Kentucky will burn if they don't charge the murderers

Plus we need charges for the sista ASAP to avoid that gender divide issue that's popping up
Nah, as someone that lives in ky, the louisville protests are about as bad as itll get it, every other protest has been peaceful

"Democratic Rep. Eliot Engel was caught on a hot mic at a news conference on Tuesday following civil unrest in New York City, appearing to tell another speaker that he only wanted to speak because of his primary race." - CNN

He specifically said if he didnt have a primary he wouldnt care.

The Bronx better do the right thing and vote this mfer out.

Edit - Engel is then heard saying, "if I didn't have a primary, I wouldn't care."

Back