Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

He organized Detroit rappers like Icewear Vezzo, K Deezy, Royce politicians, individuals with influence etc and have set up factions in which they have patrolled the streets to make sure outsiders weren't causing chaos in the city. And honestly it's been successful, the people of Detroit have been united and shit hasn't been popping off like it has in other states.

I understand riots and looting has its place but the city has been trying to rebuild and despite the gentrification we have a lot of Black businesses in the city and it's on the come up. So it's really about maintaining that progress.

First night of the protests they said about 80% of the people that were arrested were from outside the city and some even coming as far as Tennessee. They put a stop to that so far

Thank you!

Lmao Trump said he went to the bunker for an "inspection"

This mfer will lie about anything

Bruh, he started his presidency off lying. Remember when he was reporting that he had more people at his inaugaration than Obama and then people released pictures of the event that weren't taken from creative angles revealing that he didn't have many people there at all.

I’m kind of torn. I think people like Diddy and Jay and even Barack and Kamala and Lebron, etc., any black person with a large platform, should be out with the people. I know some like J. Cole are out there and I do appreciate that.

But I do understand that their presence may be a distraction as well.

What do y’all think?
We don't need to hear from everyone with a platform

They usually fuck it up anyways

America and all these white, developed countries are built off the looting and pillaging of our ancestral homeland, Africa. America was built by the blood sweat and tears of black slaves. All this shit belong to us and we have every right to burn and loot this shit. They won't pay us what they owe us, we gon take it. Well not me, I'm chilling with my newborn baby. Can't take no risks right now.
wtf???
you in here like

SaneDeliciousAnt-size_restricted.gif

Definately dont trust anything BoA says. All the stealing they do from their customer smh. And what does, "Today we are announcing a $1 billion / 4-year commitment to support economic opportunity initiatives to combat racial inequality accelerated by the global pandemic.",mean? Are they gunna put together some nonprofit and pay themselves to put up Ads saying vague weak shit like "everyone is equal". Then attach a stock photo with some POC and put a big Bank of America logo on it. Thats most likely whats gunna happen.

Also some of the comments to this

h3ron
@bankofamerica Who are you hiring to do this work? Also, take accountability for your complicity in the past.

iambealewis
Does this mean that when black business owners come into your bank and check the “African American” box they still be less likely to get approve by their white counterparts?

thecuratedcountess
Great step in the right direction. Part 2 of this step: please self reflect. How many BIPOC hold c suite or other executive roles within your company?

Back