Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I think looting and destruction of property has its place, but what you said is fair. Everyone has a right to protect their own, regardless of circumstance. Long as the shooting is a reaction to their shit being looted and not the shooter initiating the violence with random mfers walking around.

Certain properties

Throughout history this been going on and some places/people never recover due to certain Infrastructures being destroyed. Mostly due to enemies destroying but don’t destroy certain shit.

It’s a new age. Everything don’t have to be burned but build upon. Get me?

That question is an oxymoron.

Did the black gang attack a random white person that wasn’t destroying property in their community?

Bruh stop trying to dodge. I'm asking you if you would be ok with this exact same situation with whites being the people in the community where the looting is happening and blacks being the people in the community where the gangs are acting as enforcers.

To all the pro looting and anti looting people.

All i can say is, a movement, especially an uprising, has to have a lot of facets. You need your looters to go out and destroy shit, at the same time you need your praceful protestors.

You need your Obamas, at the same time, you need your Cornel Wests.

You need a subset preaching non violence, and a subset preaching violence.

Need your political party playing politics by the rule, but they need to be backed by mfers willing to fuck shit up.

The only issue is that all these different subsets need to be losely organized under one umbrella. In public, Obama and Cornel West need to look like they dont agree, in public the peaceful protestors need to denounce the looters, but in private they all have to be losely connected and know they are fighting for the same goal and they are all equally important.

The issue here is going to be that these different groups are not organized together, AND THE US IS GOING TO DIVIDE THEM AND USE THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER. This is a classic tactic on dividing a movement. Its already happening.

Everyone has to stop that from happening. Instead of saying fuck looters, or saying, peaceful protestors are pussies, we all gotta realize both sides are playing a vital role.

The looters need to put enough fear in mfers so that the message of the peaceful protestors get through.

Last edited:
We not supplying ourselves now so what are you talking about? If not one store was touched but the gov't shut down the highway. How black people supposed to supply themselves?

Yall keep talking this community shit some younger neighborhood person or a family member can pick that shit up and drop it off. I used to have an elderly neighbor who lived by herself. When it used to snow I would knock on her door and ask her for a grocery list and buy the shit and wouldn't take her money when I got back from the store. If we this so called community yall niggas keep screaming on we would have that done easily.

Fact of the matter is in order to get what we as a PEOPLE need we are all going to have to suffer kids, teens, adults and the elderly.

All those businesses regardless of being black owned don't always look out for the place where they are making their money.

The supplies we getting is coming from the system oppressing us.

In the meantime we continue doing wtf we've doing for 100's of years SURVIVING the best way we can.

What I'm saying is if those businesses burn so fucking be it what's going on shouldn't skip a beat because the goals we need to accomplish is bigger than those businesses.
This is a very interesting post.

I don't even know where to start.

Only one thing I can agree with is people need to be sacrificed. Things need to be sacrificed. But let's see how this pans out in a week or so.....I'll come back to this.

Bruh stop trying to dodge. I'm asking you if you would be ok with this exact same situation with whites being the people in the community where the looting is happening and blacks being the people in the community where the gangs are acting as enforcers.
And didn’t those Latinos beat up a random black person? So under the same scenario you have to include the beating up of random white people who had nothing to do with the vandalism.

Certain properties

Throughout history this been going on and some places/people never recover due to certain Infrastructures being destroyed. Mostly due to enemies destroying but don’t destroy certain shit.

It’s a new age. Everything don’t have to be burned but build upon. Get me?

I dont disagree with you, but at the same time, hard to build something without destroying it first.

And im not even saying i like the looting. At 20, i woulda said burn this bitch to the ground. At 30, looting breaks my heart.

Im just saying, regardless of I agree with it or not, i know it has its place and its purpose.

i'm not sure how to address this, but i think this whole things is way bigger than George Floyd at this point. I think this is about the treatment of black folks, the disparity between us and other races but I don't to take away from the fact that if it wasn't for his death in particular, we wouldn't be on what...day 5 of protests and riots?

Idk, it feels like something will actually come of this this time. I see there are opportunistic people who are just using this as a chance to attach themselves to some destruction, but there are also others who are using this to highlight the shit that continues to happen.

idk if my point is coming off like how i want it to sound but this seems like black people in general are tired of being sick and tired

And didn’t those Latinos beat up a random black person? So under the same scenario you have to include the beating up of random white people who had nothing to do with the vandalism.

Yes, I'm including that. That's the point of what I'm asking. Would you actually speak out against the beating up of random white people in that situation the way you say it's wrong in this situation?

i'm not sure how to address this, but i think this whole things is way bigger than George Floyd at this point. I think this is about the treatment of black folks, the disparity between us and other races but I don't to take away from the fact that if it wasn't for his death in particular, we wouldn't be on what...day 5 of protests and riots?

Idk, it feels like something will actually come of this this time. I see there are opportunistic people who are just using this as a chance to attach themselves to some destruction, but there are also others who are using this to highlight the shit that continues to happen.

idk if my point is coming off like how i want it to sound but this seems like black people in general are tired of being sick and tired

Yea fam. I think it outgrew Floyd, and the way its going, its going to outgrow how Blacks are being treated soon too. Shis is transforming into poor vs rich, advantaged vs disadvantaged soon, privledged vs unprivledged, change vs staying the same. Young vs old.

This is growing to unexpected levels.

The issues around Black people will not go away, its still going to be at the forefront, but its growing beyond that.

Yea fam. I think it outgrew Floyd, and the way its going, its going to outgrow how Blacks are being treated soon too. Shis is transforming into poor vs rich, advantaged vs disadvantaged soon, privledged vs unprivledged, change vs staying the same. Young vs old.

This is growing to unexpected levels.

The issues around Black people will not go away, its still going to be at the forefront, but its growing beyond that.
ok great

you understood what i was trying to say

I just was hoping not to come across like this brotha's life didnt matter, or the restaurant owner that was just killed the other day, or Breonna Taylor, etc...

I dont disagree with you, but at the same time, hard to build something without destroying it first.

And im not even saying i like the looting. At 20, i woulda said burn this bitch to the ground. At 30, looting breaks my heart.

Im just saying, regardless of I agree with it or not, i know it has its place and its purpose.
i agree but.......does what has to be burned down have to start with your own?
if shit gotta burn.....why not other people shit.
shit thats apart of the system?
shit in other peoples hood.

and if you burn down your own shit......whos going to help you build things back? who would you want to build it back?
the system, the oppressor or those that look like you and support you?

I don’t care about looking at things from the other sides perspective.

:hahaha:

In other words, you know if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't give a shit about the other side. We've already been down that road. You were ok with Africans beating up random Asians for shit that they had no part in. So you're absolutely ok with that kinda behavior. Just be honest and say that. And if that's how you feel, that's fine, but you can't get mad at other groups for thinking the same way.

:hahaha:

In other words, you know if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't give a shit about the other side. We've already been down that road. You were ok with Africans beating up random Asians for shit that they had no part in. So you're absolutely ok with that kinda behavior. Just be honest and say that. And if that's how you feel, that's fine, but you can't get mad at other groups for thinking the same way.
When they attack random INNOCENT black people then I care. When those groups start consistently looking at things from our side then I’ll change my stance.

It's quite clear and you're right this is way bigger than George Floyd. What happened to Floyd was just the spark to the some of gasoline that's been slowly dripping for years.

@AZTG is 100% right we have roles to play. IMO all those roles and players need to be connected. Also I feel we damn near need to always do the exact opposite of what each groups tells the media. We have to be able to be throw these people off and be unpredictable in the moves we make. Being predictable is a weakness that can be exploited.

i agree but.......does what has to be burned down have to start with your own?
if shit gotta burn.....why not other people shit.
shit thats apart of the system?
shit in other peoples hood.

and if you burn down your own shit......whos going to help you build things back? who would you want to build it back?
the system, the oppressor or those that look like you and support you?

Thousands of cars arent gonna drive into a suburb to burn down 5-6 stores/buildings fam.

Like I understand exactly what you are saying, its great on paper, but its not realistic.

Wasting our time on unrealistic options does nothing.

Most of the businesses and most of the people are in the inner cities, and thats what will be burnt down.

Back