Welcome To aBlackWeb

ultimately, it might not be Franklin being a killer or criminal that makes Veronique leave him. It might be him showing weakness by having PTSD and panic attacks that makes her leave with his baby

I fuck with the show heavy, but they should've made Franklin a darker character. If they really made him an anti-hero like Tony Soprano and Walter White, the "You know you're the devil" scene would've hit harder. Throughout the series Franklin made logical and sound choices. I don't remember him doing any outta pocket shit.

I fuck with the show heavy, but they should've made Franklin a darker character. If they really made him an anti-hero like Tony Soprano and Walter White, the "You know you're the devil" scene would've hit harder. Throughout the series Franklin made logical and sound choices. I don't remember him doing any outta pocket shit.
I mean Franklin is a far cry from crying to his mommy over street violence.

He progressed into being comfortable with murder fairly fast .

Remember he smoked that kid at a meeting for giving info in front of everybody like it was nothing.

Andre was like a surrogate father and he smoked him.

He basically took part indirectly in his dad's death

He also smoked one of his best friends in season 2.

A lot is left unseen between seasons but Franklin isn't the devil because he will kill, he is the devil because of the control he wields over people and how they feel about it and he's all about that money over anybody's life besides his close circle.

Franklin didn't claim boss,other ppl recognized him as the smartest and followed his lead.

Plus that level of drug dealing is a dark life in itself even w/ out the violence.

Nah Franklin is dark,but like Teddy his unassuming poise hides his nature.

Teddy and Franklin's characters parallel in a lot of ways.

I hear you, I'm not saying Franklin's pussy, he's just not an anti hero.

If he killed his pops, left Louie there to get raped and killed, etc the "you're the devil" scene would've hit more imo.

But for the most part, he's moved logically. Andre had to go, outside of that the most ruthless shit he's done was kill Teddy's old ass pops.

I hear you, I'm not saying Franklin's pussy, he's just not an anti hero.

If he killed his pops, left Louie there to get raped and killed, etc the "you're the devil" scene would've hit more imo.

But for the most part, he's moved logically. Andre had to go, outside of that the most ruthless shit he's done was kill Teddy's old ass pops.
He's definitely an anti hero .

He's a major drug dealer and killer with a heart of gold

You wouldn't call the Andre killing ruthless?

He's definitely an anti hero .

He's a major drug dealer and killer with a heart of gold

You wouldn't call the Andre killing ruthless?

In the grand scheme of things, you can say he's an anti hero with being a drug dealer.

Within the storyline... I wouldn't say he is.

Killing Andre is as close as he got to that but that's nothing like Tony killing Christopher in the Sopranos, all the shit Walt did to Jesse, etc.

I still love the show whether he's an anti hero or not, but I think it would've been dope if the writers took that route.

more than likely the CIA ends up getting rid of Teddy either by killing him and his weird chick or cutting ties with him after receiving the bread

Killing Mel pops in his own house and making it look like suicide was pretty devilish

I agree with Goldie.

Franklin could have done way more things that make him irredeemable.

Walter White, Tony Soprano, shit even Marty Byrd did more villainous shit in their final seasons. Worst thing Franklin did was kill teddy's father..and even that had a point. Franklin hasn't done anything pure evil that would give him that devil tag Louie tried to put on him.

Yeah the nigga cold, but he's not evil. We've seen evil protagonists before. Franklin ain't that

I think that’s the whole point Franklin is not a Kennard from the Wire …. All of his moves have always been out of necessity
And in all of those situations he didn’t hesitate. That’s what makes him dangerous. If he feels like there’s no way forward with you alive, no matter who you are, you dead. And he has no qualms with doing it himself.

Back