Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Slave Play" racks up 12 Tony nominations - The most ever for a new play

so this play has the same wack plot twist as the Janelle Monae flick?

who told these niggas that M Night's The Village had a good plot twist worth copying

My little girls are into American Girl dolls. So we took them to the store. If you don't know anything about American Girl dolls, they are dolls with outfits, setups, and pets and shit just like Barbie I guess, but on top of that, they all have full on back stories with books and all kinda shit. It's crazy. What's cool is they have lots of different cultures represented. So if you got black daughters, you can take them to the store and there are plenty of different black dolls for them to choose from.

What fucked me up though was one of the black dolls is literally an escaped slave. Shit is kinda crazy. Like one of her accessories is the carriage she got away in or something like that. I don't know. It's one of those things that isn't really offensive because the whole point of that particularly line is to have dolls of each race that represent various time periods in American history. For example, another black doll representing the 60s is a Soul Singer/Civil Rights activist. So, the dolls are just reflecting the reality of our history in this country. Still, who the hell would buy their daughter the escaped slave doll?

My thing is stop trying to make slavery and love stories mix. You can’t be in love with slave master who rapes everybody
so this play has the same wack plot twist as the Janelle Monae flick?

who told these niggas that M Night's The Village had a good plot twist worth copying
s

Why? School me
Slaveplay was written by a gay black man for the consumption of white liberals and bedwenches and coons

It's about Black slave women twerking to modern music like Rhianna for their white master. There's also a scene where he makes the black woman eat watermelon off the floor

The twist is they're not really back in slavery but theyre at an interracial couples retreat and slavery roleplay is the way they resolve their issues (the issues likely being the white man's racism)

Pure filth.

Like can we get stories of slaves killing their masters like we know the history already

91i1vUdxalL._SL1500_.jpg

OK.

i don’t know anything about this.

Somebody school me on what this play is about.

If it has anything to do with interracial relations between Black women and white men, then, nevermind!

Don’t tell me.

Slaveplay was written by a gay black man for the consumption of white liberals and bedwenches and coons

It's about Black slave women twerking to modern music like Rhianna for their white master. There's also a scene where he makes the black woman eat watermelon off the floor

The twist is they're not really back in slavery but theyre at an interracial couples retreat and slavery roleplay is the way they resolve their issues (the issues likely being the white man's racism)

Pure filth.
OK.

i don’t know anything about this.

Somebody school me on what this play is about.

If it has anything to do with interracial relations between Black women and white men, then, nevermind!

Don’t tell me.

Pure filth.

Furthermore, this is an actual real-life fetish... or maybe subculture.
Well, I guess you could say both.

I forget the name, but there was a website posted on the IC a while back of a social group engaging in slave play.
Like a social group of black/whites doing it.... Our Family or some shit like that maybe.
I don't remember it well enough, unfortunately.
It might have been mentioned in the Paula Deen thread when she caught heat for her slavery party.
Actually, I wonder if this play is based on that group?

Back